Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Burglar alarms and CCTV

Burglar alarms and CCTV

Old Jul 7th 2005, 9:53 am
Just Joined

tones66 has a brilliant futuretones66 has a brilliant futuretones66 has a brilliant futuretones66 has a brilliant futuretones66 has a brilliant futuretones66 has a brilliant future
Default Burglar alarms and CCTV

I run my own small business in the UK designing and installing intruder alarms and CCTV. I am looking to move to Spain and was wondering what the demand is for security systems out there in villas and bars etc ?

Would it be wise to start my own business out there or are there companies already there who would employ an English speaking installer/salesperson ?

I would like to contact any security companies in Spain. Could you let me know of any that are near you ?

I would love to hear all your comments and suggestions please.
Many thanks for your time

Tony.

Last edited by tones66; Jul 7th 2005 at 10:09 am.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

countryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Burglar alarms and CCTV

Hi
You could look at this site
Security

or these sites
Yahoo Security Spain

Spain Security
Old Jul 8th 2005, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

svenskidoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Tony,

There is demand for security systems, keyless entry, automatic gate systems, cctv, etc.

If you don't speak Spanish you'll be, probably, limited to the ex-pat market.

Look at systems that use mobile technology and aren't reliant on fixed lines for alert and third party notification.

Securitas are pretty big in Spain in the home alarm market, they might be worth contacting once you are here.

Originally Posted by tones66
I run my own small business in the UK designing and installing intruder alarms and CCTV. I am looking to move to Spain and was wondering what the demand is for security systems out there in villas and bars etc ?

Would it be wise to start my own business out there or are there companies already there who would employ an English speaking installer/salesperson ?

I would like to contact any security companies in Spain. Could you let me know of any that are near you ?

I would love to hear all your comments and suggestions please.
Many thanks for your time

Tony.
Old Jul 9th 2005, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

Security companies are strictly controlled by the Ministry of the Interior and you may find it impossible to obtain the necessary permits to open and operate your business especially for the installation of alarms which are to be connected to a central station.

You would probably find it easier to get a job with one of the big companies. ADT operate here and have a large client database.

There are some jobs with this company offered here:

http://www.infojobs.net/gen_multisit...50623215054642

but it is likely that you will need a good command of the Spanish language.

Last edited by Beachcomber; Jul 9th 2005 at 6:26 pm.