Reload this Page >

Buildings insurance during renovation

Buildings insurance during renovation

Old Jun 11th 2014, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

missbusybusy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Buildings insurance during renovation

Good evening all
Has anyone encountered any problems insuring your building (home) during renovations ? The finca will be a holiday home to begin, then permanent residency also what insurance company did you use

Many thanks
Carol
Old Jun 12th 2014, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

Kenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buildings insurance during renovation

We were asked when we applied for the insurance if there was any building worjk being done - which there was. The premium was then loaded to cover any damage caused by the builders, about €80 if I remember right. That was three years ago. Thankfully, we never had to claim. We had to contact the insurer once the work was complete and they then issued new cover at the reduced premium.

Not sure if I'm allowed to say who the insurer is in case it's seen as advertising so if you want to PM me I'll tell you who we used (and still use).
Old Sep 25th 2014, 10:49 am
Just Joined

Johnstockholm is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

I plan to renovate our pied a terre and just found out that our insurance company does not provide building/ renovation insurance for damage caused by builder.

Kenwoodlad - I would appreciate it if you could let me know about the insurance company you used. I tried to send a PM but there was some sort of restriction...?

thanks /John
Old Sep 25th 2014, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

Kenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond repute

Hi John,

There's another thread about various insurers at the link below. I used Intasure but other people had alternative recommendations.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/spain...urance-836950/

Good luck.
Old Sep 25th 2014, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

Johnstockholm is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you Kenwoodlad! Funnily, I use Intasure too but they just told me that they do not provide insurance for damage caused by builders...!
Old Sep 25th 2014, 12:28 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Johnstockholm
Hello,

I plan to renovate our pied a terre and just found out that our insurance company does not provide building/ renovation insurance for damage caused by builder.

Kenwoodlad - I would appreciate it if you could let me know about the insurance company you used. I tried to send a PM but there was some sort of restriction...?

thanks /John
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Sep 25th 2014, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Johnstockholm
Thank you Kenwoodlad! Funnily, I use Intasure too but they just told me that they do not provide insurance for damage caused by builders...!
Sorry to hear they won't provide cover. We'll have to bear that in mind, we have some major transformations planned in a couple of years when we retire and move out full time.

Hope you find another company to sort you out.