British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Building work in elda (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/building-work-elda-868219/)

chrislamike Nov 19th 2015 9:43 pm

Building work in elda

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislamike
Hello everyone, heres hoping!
We've just bought a house in elda and it needs a little reforming, namely some beams need replacing, amongst other work. I was wondering if anyone could tell me of any places where i can get my hands on a few acro props and if they know of any reputable builders and/or builders merchants in the area.
We hope to be going out around January to commence work and as yet have found it quite difficult to find what we're looking for on the Internet.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

snikpoh Nov 20th 2015 6:15 am

Re: Building work in elda

... sorry to be boring, but you have got all your licences haven't you?

Have you tried using google to find a tool hire shop - around here they also hire out acro props etc.

(or I have some for sale but then I'm probably too far away)

Rosemary Nov 20th 2015 6:16 am

Originally Posted by chrislamike (Post 11798398)
Quote:
We've just bought a house in elda and it needs a little reforming, namely some beams need replacing, amongst other work. I was wondering if anyone could tell me of any places where i can get my hands on a few acro props and if they know of any reputable builders and/or builders merchants in the area.
We hope to be going out around January to commence work and as yet have found it quite difficult to find what we're looking for on the Internet.
Thanks in advance.

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary

missile Nov 24th 2015 3:59 pm

There are 8 Hardware stores (Ferratererias) in Elda. Any one of these should be able to supply or advise you where to obtain whatever you require. Better to ask a neighbour's recommendation for builders.

NB: I would avoid any English builders you may find. In my experience, most are cowboys.

tony Nov 25th 2015 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by chrislamike (Post 11798398)
Quote:
Thanks in advance.

Hi welcome

Good luck with your new house in Spain , I am in Agost about 25 min from Elda , there is a great builders merchant here , he can deliver larger items to Elda for 40€ delivery charge ( I asked him this morning after seeing your post )

If you require timber beams and rustic traditional windows there is also a great factory here too.

Cheers Tony

tony Nov 25th 2015 5:04 pm

Forgot to say acrows are called puntales here , You can get them at Leroy Merlin diy centre in Alicante or Elche