Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Building a house in Javea

Building a house in Javea

Old Feb 20th 2013, 9:44 am
Just Joined

Robert Francis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Building a house in Javea

I'm looking to build a house in Javea and currently looking for suitable plots. Any advice regarding builders architects etc, who is good and who to avoid and why.

Does anyone have any comments regarding the new Vivienda development and also there seems to be quite a big development being planned along the road past where the Rodat Hotel is.On the Google map it is a big white area crossed by the Carrer Roure Valencia. Its quite difficult finding plots when not in the country.

In addition what would I expect to pay for a decent detached rental property no further out than the Golf course but preferably closer to Arenal - I was planning to rent and be on site to oversee building work. Can you get rentals for a year easily enough and who are the good agents

Thanks

RF
Old Feb 20th 2013, 10:06 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Building a house in Javea

Originally Posted by Robert Francis
I'm looking to build a house in Javea and currently looking for suitable plots. Any advice regarding builders architects etc, who is good and who to avoid and why.

Does anyone have any comments regarding the new Vivienda development and also there seems to be quite a big development being planned along the road past where the Rodat Hotel is.On the Google map it is a big white area crossed by the Carrer Roure Valencia. Its quite difficult finding plots when not in the country.

In addition what would I expect to pay for a decent detached rental property no further out than the Golf course but preferably closer to Arenal - I was planning to rent and be on site to oversee building work. Can you get rentals for a year easily enough and who are the good agents

Thanks

RF
I'm not entirely up-to-speed on development in towns but to build a property in the Valencia Generalidad, then you need a parcel of land of over 10,000 m2

You will also need to know that the town hall will allow such a build - many people have been caught out with this one. They have been granted permission only to have it revoked later and their house deemed illegal!

I personally would not embark on this route in the current climate!
Old Feb 20th 2013, 10:24 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

RF
As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Feb 20th 2013, 11:02 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

RF

do you mean up by C/ La Guardia?

I'm told that there's a Consum supermarket going there - not anything residential

I'm not sure what you mean by the 'Vivienda' development - where is that?

however - as the others have said, it might not be an easy task getting permission to build in Jávea atm - be absolutely certain that you can get permission for exactly what you want to build on any plot before parting with a cent., by checking personally with the planning dept.

Last edited by lynnxa; Feb 20th 2013 at 12:19 pm.
Old Feb 20th 2013, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

RF
I assume being messed around , misled, lied to, let down , overcharged , ripped off , hidden costs, etc etc does not worry you ? If not good luck , you may be moving in in 3 to 4 years if you start today, alternativley why not buy a ready built bargain ? cheaper than building a new one in most cases , just check it 101% legal .
Old Feb 20th 2013, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

Thank you - This is the link for the plots in Tosalet http://www.plotsjavea.com/plots-loca...alet-in-javea/

There does not seem to be any problems regarding building unless I am missing something. Also there is no suggestion that you need to buy 10,000m2 plot as per one post above.

The other development is along the road off where the entrance is to the Rodat hotel off the Camino Cabanes road at the Arenal side of Tosalet

RF
Old Feb 20th 2013, 3:20 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you - This is the link for the plots in Tosalet http://www.plotsjavea.com/plots-loca...alet-in-javea/

There does not seem to be any problems regarding building unless I am missing something. Also there is no suggestion that you need to buy 10,000m2 plot as per one post above.

The other development is along the road off where the entrance is to the Rodat hotel off the Camino Cabanes road at the Arenal side of Tosalet

RF
These are clearly urban building plots so the 10000m2 rule would not apply.

It "looks" kosher but whole illegal urbanisations have been built in the past.
Old Feb 20th 2013, 3:35 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

RF
yes, Tosalet is highly urbanised, so theoretically that should be fine & as Fred says, it looks legit, & doing a 'whois' comes up with an established agent as the domain owner

I would hope that there is already permission in place for a development like that

how well do you know Jávea? There are many 'half built' developments already - some haven't got beyond the first house or two, some nearly finished, but without properly connected utilities/finished roads etc.
Old Feb 20th 2013, 3:35 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
These are clearly urban building plots so the 10000m2 rule would not apply.

It "looks" kosher but whole illegal urbanisations have been built in the past.
Which raises the question "how can one really be sure?"

Do you simply have to 'take a chance' and hope?
Old Feb 20th 2013, 3:40 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
yes, Tosalet is highly urbanised, so theoretically that should be fine & as Fred says, it looks legit, & doing a 'whois' comes up with an established agent as the domain owner

I would hope that there is already permission in place for a development like that

how well do you know Jávea? There are many 'half built' developments already - some haven't got beyond the first house or two, some nearly finished, but without properly connected utilities/finished roads etc.
I would be concerned in the same way, if they start to build the houses, and then run out of money, which has happened numerous times recently, then you may well be left with a half built, or even fully built house but with no services and no certificcate of habitacion. There are thousnads of these in Spain, and they have been the subject of many TV programmes. Given the huge number of half built, unsold houses around I would certainly steer well away from anything like this at the current time.
Old Feb 20th 2013, 4:23 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Which raises the question "how can one really be sure?"

Do you simply have to 'take a chance' and hope?
You can never be 100% sure but the closest you will get is to buy a house on an existing, fully completed urbanisation with all the correct infrastructure that is at least 10 years old and has been sold once already.

To be 100% sure - rent!
Old Feb 20th 2013, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

guirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really nice

This man seems to have been through it all. You may find some useful information.

http://selfbuildspain.com/
Old Feb 21st 2013, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

Thanks. I was planning on employing my own builder etc and that is where it woukld be good to know who is good and who is not and that is clearly a major issue - anyone got any further adice and thanks very much for all your comments very much appreciated

RF
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 7:26 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

RF
For what is being asked for the price, I'm certain you would be able to buy, alrady completed and legal and connected to all serices, a really nice property in the area, without any of the associated building costs, the plot cost appears to be around €170,000 with no guarantee of services and no costing of how much it wll cost to have them installed, and you would have to get all the relevant permissions to build the house, so already you are looking at €200,000.
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. I was planning on employing my own builder etc and that is where it woukld be good to know who is good and who is not and that is clearly a major issue - anyone got any further adice and thanks very much for all your comments very much appreciated

RF
I guess you dont believe a word of my previous post , No 5 ?

Its nothing like in the UK in anyway .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.