Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Builder in Torremolinos

Builder in Torremolinos

Old Mar 14th 2015, 7:43 am
Just Joined

Irelandzara is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Builder in Torremolinos

Hi, I've recently purchased an apartment in Torremolinos which requires quite a lot of building work to be carried out on it. I have asked a local builder to give me a quote but have now waited 5 weeks for him (he's always telling me mañana) and still no further on. I have decided to try to find an expat builder but don't know how or where to do this? Is anyone able to point me in the right direction?
Old Mar 14th 2015, 7:46 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Builder in Torremolinos

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Mar 19th 2015, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

Anna Collins1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't know anyone personally but you could try checking surinenglish.com for people who advertise. I would try to get a recommendation though if possible.
Old Mar 19th 2015, 12:14 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irelandzara
Hi, I've recently purchased an apartment in Torremolinos which requires quite a lot of building work to be carried out on it. I have asked a local builder to give me a quote but have now waited 5 weeks for him (he's always telling me mañana) and still no further on. I have decided to try to find an expat builder but don't know how or where to do this? Is anyone able to point me in the right direction?
Just watch out that any expat builder has the required licenses and that your work has the required permissions, remember that, in theory, all work done on your home has to have permission from the town hall, this could include even repainting.
Old Mar 21st 2015, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

siteservices is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there we used a spanish company called El Faro who are based in central Torremolinos. This was almost exactly 3 years ago. Overall we were very happy with the work they did - the man in charge is Called Abil and his son Alex. The advantage of using spanish labour is that they speak the language (obviously!) and also know about local ways of going on.
Unfortunately I think our paperwork is over in Spain but you could try googling the name.
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 1:19 am
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

I would advise you to use a Spanish builder if at all possible.
We made the mistake two years ago of employing an English builder, the roof lets in water every time it rains, the builder now spends most of his time in the UK and doesn't want to know.
Not for nothing is the phrase "EasyJet builder" used so much.