Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Buenos Dias Agente

Buenos Dias Agente

Old Dec 7th 2007, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

gengis khant is a jewel in the roughgengis khant is a jewel in the roughgengis khant is a jewel in the roughgengis khant is a jewel in the roughgengis khant is a jewel in the rough
Default Buenos Dias Snr Agente

Understand from reading the Costa Blanca News (online http://www.costablanca-news.com/news/newsnorth.htm) that since the Governments new Penal Code came in on 1st Dec. the police have been having a ball breathalising and arresting motorists. They have set a target of testing 12,000 in Alicante region alone. Is this the end of the Spanish way of life ?

Last edited by gengis khant; Dec 7th 2007 at 7:56 pm.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Buenos Dias Agente

If the cops breathalysed each other they would reach that target far more quickly.

The Spanish way of life ended several years ago!
Old Dec 7th 2007, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buenos Dias Snr Agente

Originally Posted by gengis khant
Is this the end of the Spanish way of life ?
Hopefully just the end of an all-too-common way of death
Old Dec 7th 2007, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buenos Dias Snr Agente

Originally Posted by rachelk
Hopefully just the end of an all-too-common way of death
Seconded
Old Dec 7th 2007, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Having been on the receiving end and lost my sister in law, 12000 isn't a high enough target!
Tim
Old Dec 7th 2007, 9:31 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Spain now has one of the lowest levels in europe. I believe 1 pint of 3.5% beer puts you over the top, and you can now go to prison if you are too far over the limit.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SueG
Seconded
Thirded!!

Originally Posted by valenciatim
Having been on the receiving end and lost my sister in law, 12000 isn't a high enough target!
Tim

So sorry to hear of your loss in such tragic circumstances, Tim
I couldn't agree with you more.

It amazes me to see the amount of people in our tiny little village, who will drink - and then drive home
It's never the perpetrators of this action that end up being killed or injured; it's always an innocent victim.

It should be zero tolerance. If you are going to drink any alcohol, then don't even consider driving!
Old Dec 8th 2007, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

sarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately though it seems that 99% of people here drink and drive. Spanish and Brits included..

I don't know how many times I have followed a car home late afternoon with an aged Spanish couple veering erratically all over the place.

After a very long lunch me thinks...
Old Dec 8th 2007, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

It's one of those cultural things that seems to be just accepted, isn't it?

Despite a high profile government campaign, I never see any Guardia waiting along the road to breathalyse people that they KNOW habitually leave the bar and get into a car

Having said that, there are two people that I know of, who have lost their licences due to drink driving - so I suppose someone was doing things properly at one time or another.
Old Dec 8th 2007, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

I believe that the spanish way of life include many more things than the topic of the conduction or the drink (in this sense, the spanish would seem nuns beside some foreigners), I believe...

I take advantage for to say that I find the " carnet por puntos " (is identification card for points?) is a big shit (o puta mierda, hablando en plata) because has many dark points, but I should also say that there are people that should never have conduction license

Last edited by Relampago; Dec 8th 2007 at 12:28 pm.
Old Dec 8th 2007, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

sarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonofspain1973
I believe that the spanish way of life include many more things than the topic of the conduction or the drink (in this sense, the spanish would seem nuns beside some foreigners), I believe...

I take advantage for to say that I find the " carnet por puntos " (is identification card for points?) is a big shit (o puta mierda, hablando en plata) because has many dark points, but I should also say that there are people that should never have conduction license