Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Buenas Tardes todo!

Buenas Tardes todo!

Old May 5th 2014, 11:49 am
Slowly settling

Guerito18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Buenas Tardes todo!

I have only been in Spain with my mexican wife one week, a friend kindly rented us an appartment near Murcia for 1 month after which time we are need to move elsewhere, perhaps Seville. I need to find an appartment and also work, have thought about somewhere on the coast but want permanent work rather than seasonal.
Any advice as to a good area (and not too expensive, as finances are limited) in Seville to move to and the best places to look for work would be greatly appreciated.
Old May 5th 2014, 12:04 pm
Account Closed

IamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buenas Tardes todo!

Good afternoon Guerito.
I hope you and your wife are enjoying your early days in Spain.
You will find plenty of information on the internet regarding rentals.
For example, try this http://www.fotocasa.es/

I must say I think your timing is a bit off. I know as I´m currently looking for a place for my parents. My Dad was here recently and all the agents were advising that most places up for rent are now being turned over for holiday rents. Perhaps why your friend is booting you out next month? This is leaving the choices for long term rentals poor at best.
I can only advise you to check the link I´ve given you daily! And act quickly if you see something interesting.
Good luck!
Old May 5th 2014, 12:49 pm
Slowly settling

Guerito18 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you IamStu., will definitely look at the link. We are currently staying in a holiday rental on a golf resort, it was the the cheapest and quickest option for us, also we married last October and could not stay in the UK past the beginning of May because of the changes to Immigration laws. Good luck to you in your search also....
Old May 5th 2014, 1:17 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Guerito18
I have only been in Spain with my mexican wife one week, a friend kindly rented us an appartment near Murcia for 1 month after which time we are need to move elsewhere, perhaps Seville. I need to find an appartment and also work, have thought about somewhere on the coast but want permanent work rather than seasonal.
Any advice as to a good area (and not too expensive, as finances are limited) in Seville to move to and the best places to look for work would be greatly appreciated.
As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old May 5th 2014, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

jonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Guerito18
It is not easy to find permanent jobs, but you can try to find one here:
Jobs in Spain.

Old May 5th 2014, 2:47 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Not near the sea, but the landlords in Granada are looking to find lets for the student accommodation as the scholastic year ends for the summer. Some will want only short term let but others would be happy to take longer term from good tenants.

hth
Old May 5th 2014, 2:53 pm
Account Closed

IamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
Not near the sea, but the landlords in Granada are looking to find lets for the student accommodation as the scholastic year ends for the summer. Some will want only short term let but others would be happy to take longer term from good tenants.

hth
Granada is one of my favourite cities!
Guerito, what type of work are you looking for. Dom´s post above prompts me to ask as work in Granada is difficult to come by. As is Spain generally at the moment, but if Spain is tough, Granada is super tough!
Old May 5th 2014, 4:42 pm
Just Joined

catalanboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone, this is my first posting, but I would like to reply to your concerns of getting a job and accommodation, at the beginning of april there were 2.5 thousand jobs available in catalunya, barca, tarragona area , ok maybe most of them will not be suitable for you but endesa are in the process of taking on a thousand unskilled workers at their asco site and vandellos site for the next 18 mths for refitting and upgrade work. also there is work for agency ... radstat or manpower , all the holiday camps along the national 340 are taking on and they will give you a caravan to live in as well.
Just to add I am a lorry driver and there is always work for those who genuinely want to work ..... just ask the million or so of eastern Europeans who have come to the uk, if they are not working in our warehouses they are out washing cars.
Old May 5th 2014, 5:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by catalanboy1
well.
Just to add I am a lorry driver and there is always work for those who genuinely want to work ..... just ask the million or so of eastern Europeans who have come to the uk,
Or ask the hundred odd thousand Spanish that have emigrated to UK, unable to get jobs at home. The job situation in UK is very different to that of Spain.

Last edited by agoreira; May 5th 2014 at 5:21 pm.
Old May 5th 2014, 5:14 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone, this is my first posting, but I would like to reply to your concerns of getting a job and accommodation, at the beginning of april there were 2.5 thousand jobs available in catalunya, barca, tarragona area , ok maybe most of them will not be suitable for you but endesa are in the process of taking on a thousand unskilled workers at their asco site and vandellos site for the next 18 mths for refitting and upgrade work. also there is work for agency ... radstat or manpower , all the holiday camps along the national 340 are taking on and they will give you a caravan to live in as well.
Just to add I am a lorry driver and there is always work for those who genuinely want to work ..... just ask the million or so of eastern Europeans who have come to the uk, if they are not working in our warehouses they are out washing cars.
Sky news did a report yesterday about an Easter European called Pavel, who had managed to escape from a slave gang master in the UK.

He had been washing cars and in return getting a meal a day and a matress on the floor along with a group of slaves in the same situation.

Are you suggesting that a poster should be uplifted by your advice?

Read about the slaves in the UK here, washing cars is not a good career move.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2011/n...eastern-europe

Last edited by me me; May 5th 2014 at 5:20 pm.
Old May 5th 2014, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

catalanboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

now I know why I don't bother posting on these sites , trying to give a positive spin on a genuine question posted by the op, I get asinine comments one from a guardian reader who obviously doesn't get out a lot, another from some one who just believes in all the hype he reads. For myself I gave advice of real jobs..... but no matter lets all just go on anecdotal evidence and spain is a basket case with no hope of any jobs .... I suppose that's why the polish and the Romanians drive the Spanish lorries and also work in the warehouses ..... etc.... the Spanish go to London because because they are more educated than their counterparts it jobs etc.
Old May 5th 2014, 7:12 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

now I know why I don't bother posting on these sites , trying to give a positive spin on a genuine question posted by the op, I get asinine comments one from a guardian reader who obviously doesn't get out a lot, another from some one who just believes in all the hype he reads. For myself I gave advice of real jobs..... but no matter lets all just go on anecdotal evidence and spain is a basket case with no hope of any jobs .... I suppose that's why the polish and the Romanians drive the Spanish lorries and also work in the warehouses ..... etc.... the Spanish go to London because because they are more educated than their counterparts it jobs etc.
The part if your post I was referring to was not the Spanish jobs (which was what the OP was asking about) but the examples of the UK jobs you spoke about.
I.e. Washing cars, which everyone knows is the domain of the gangmasters, who are making a fortune at the expense if exploiting people, Eastern Europeans.

That and selling the big issue on the streets of UK cities is the 21st century version of slavery, which is widely publicised in the UK media.

As the poor duped unfortunates that are being exploited in the most inhuman way, that would be the last example of 'prospective jib opportunities' I would be advising.

Apart from the long hours and low pay, the fact that organised gangs might not take to kindly to a freelancer muscling in on their patch would not go down well.
Old May 5th 2014, 8:20 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old May 6th 2014, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Horlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond repute

Me Me. Yes you referred to an article about the UK and a problem with slave gangs. But catalanboy referred to the large number of Europeans who have moved into the UK and found jobs. The number working as slaves in slave gangs for slave gangmasters is a tiny percentage of the whole. That's what makes it news.
Old May 6th 2014, 8:46 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Horlics
Me Me. Yes you referred to an article about the UK and a problem with slave gangs. But catalanboy referred to the large number of Europeans who have moved into the UK and found jobs. The number working as slaves in slave gangs for slave gangmasters is a tiny percentage of the whole. That's what makes it news.
According to sky news the other day a great number of eastern Europeans who clean cars, are 'slaves'.

they get a meal and a mattress in the floor and the money goes to the gang master.

As Catalan boy brought up the idea that the car washing EEs is a good example of enterprising newcomers to the UK, I just stated what I happened to see and hear on the tv, the very same day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.