Reload this Page >

Is Brown stays at Number 10, what is his plans for benefits

Is Brown stays at Number 10, what is his plans for benefits

Old May 10th 2010, 9:38 am
Banned

crustycrab is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is Brown stays at Number 10, what is his plans for benefits

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
... and as someone with infinitely more patience than me has tried to explain, just because you or anyone else has "paid in all their lives" it doesn't mean they are entitled to take that money to Spain and spend it on their economy.
Like I said, you need to stop listening to rumours and malicious gossip, there are plenty of people on here who hijack plenty of threads but are left to do so. Stop being a sheep.
Where UK Citizens choose to live is up to them. Sorry but you are wrong, why should they not live in another country and spend their pensions or benefits they are legally entitled to there.

And as for me or anyone else who have paid into the UK system and are receiving benefits from the UK. If you think I am wrong, ring the DWP or go onto the directgov.co.uk and you will see that again, you are wrong.

Also, if you think people are not entitled to spend their money in another country, does that mean no-one is allowed to go on holiday anymore, because surely, whatever they spend will go towards that countries economy.
Old May 10th 2010, 9:44 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crustycrab
Where UK Citizens choose to live is up to them. Sorry but you are wrong, why should they not live in another country and spend their pensions or benefits they are legally entitled to there.

You don't understand, I am specifically talking about benefits... their pensions are a separate issue, and I think you are confusing the two issues. We pay our taxes for a multitude of reasons, and at no time did the gov think that people would go to Spain to spend those benefits. They are to benefit people in times of trouble here in the Uk and that is my problem with this... no one made them go and live in Spain, no one forced them to board the plane, more their lives to the sun... no one took them to the airport at gunpoint.... it was their choice and the second they made that choice they should forfeit their right to benefits.
The Uk has some difficult times ahead of it and lots of people are set to lose their jobs, its inevitable if we have to cut gov costs and to think thaat all the while people are being paid to sun their arses in Spain will grate the British public.

Last edited by rugbymatt; May 10th 2010 at 9:50 am.
Old May 10th 2010, 9:48 am
Banned

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
Thats because you are in receipt of your health benefits/pension, but those who arent in receipt of DA are not allowed to - fact. Anyone who doesnt get any pensions and moves over to Spain cannot claim anything. When I first moved over, my child benefit was stopped, as it is for anyone moving here. You cannot claim UK benefits.

The rule is, if you choose to move to Spain then you claim what the Spanish claim, which is nothing unless you/they have worked here and paid into the system. Your own claims are based on your disability - I suspect that the days maybe numbered for claimants such as yourself - if for no other reason that "RugbyMatts" comments above and of course the major debt issues in the UK which will require some serious cutbacks across the board and unfortunately you may find that there is little sympathy for your plight.

Affectively, in the eyes of the masses, you, by leaving the UK have turned your back on it and therefore those who pay into the UK system will feel aggrieved that you can still claim money from the UK, when you obviously dont want it for any other reason than its money! I'm not saying its right or fair, but thats how it is seen I'm afraid

Jo xxx
I never said I was in receipt of Disability Living Allowance or Pension. Also Disability Living Allowance is not based on tax or N.I contributions. Give me a break I am only 42. I get Incapacity Benefit, that is why I can have my CTC and CB exported from the UK. Don´t be mad with me, DWP decided on this not me.

CC xx
Old May 10th 2010, 9:57 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

You wouldn´t say that if you moved away from UK. And anyway, people do not have to post on this Thread, no one is being forced to. I ask a simple question and all I get is insults. It seems strange that people have the time to type messages, as it is 09.20am in UK, does no one work, or are the poor company people are working for paying for the use of their internet facilities.
I am Spanish and live in Spain.

And I would not want the British taxpayer to fund my lifestyle.
Old May 10th 2010, 10:04 am
Banned

Originally Posted by JLFS
I am Spanish and live in Spain.

And I would not want the British taxpayer to fund my lifestyle.
As you are Spanish then the UK would not fund your lifestyle anyway. Strange thing to say.
Old May 10th 2010, 10:16 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

26 posts of off topic removed ... pse remain on topic thanks
Old May 10th 2010, 10:17 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

As you are Spanish then the UK would not fund your lifestyle anyway. Strange thing to say.
except that he grew up & lived & worked in the UK, paying tax & so on until he recently returned to live in Spain - so effectively he is in much the same position as you or I......................
Old May 10th 2010, 10:19 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

I vlied in the Uk since I was 7, so also paid my NI contributions and tax, as did my parents.

I returned to live in Spain a few years ago. So I probably paid in a s much or more NI contributions that you did.

I am going by your age, not unslimilar to mine, and the fact that you have been living is Spain for a little while.
Old May 10th 2010, 10:20 am
Banned

I never said I was in receipt of Disability Living Allowance or Pension. Also Disability Living Allowance is not based on tax or N.I contributions. Give me a break I am only 42. I get Incapacity Benefit, that is why I can have my CTC and CB exported from the UK. Don´t be mad with me, DWP decided on this not me.

CC xx
In reply to JoJo (sorry can´t cant find your message to quote), its all gone a bit mad on this thread this morning, must be a forum record for the amount of replies in such a short time. I´ll check the Guiness Book of Records.

And also I am not just after money from the UK, CB and CTC is for the use of helping to bring up your children. I am sorry if yours was stopped when you moved.

Last edited by crustycrab; May 10th 2010 at 10:22 am.
Old May 10th 2010, 10:21 am
Banned

Originally Posted by lynnxa
except that he grew up & lived & worked in the UK, paying tax & so on until he recently returned to live in Spain - so effectively he is in much the same position as you or I......................
Fank you nena, I did not see your post before I replied to CC
Old May 10th 2010, 10:23 am
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

And also I am not just after money from the UK, CB and CTC is for the use of helping to bring up your children. I am sorry if yours was stopped when you moved.

Mine was stopped when I moved to Spain too, so my British children dont get it and rightly so - legally, if you're not of receipt of a UK "pension type benefit it its illegal to claim it when you stop paying NI

Jo xxx
Old May 10th 2010, 10:25 am
Banned

CC xx
If everythin is hunky dory and the DWP and the UK gov have no problem with claiming benefts while abroad, what is this thread all about?

Obviously the British government cannot be all that happy with the situation bacause as you say citizens are being denied their "rightful benefits whilst living in Spain.

As far as I know they have not stopped paying pensioners their pensions.
Old May 10th 2010, 10:26 am
Banned

Originally Posted by lynnxa
He did not say that, I understand now.
Old May 10th 2010, 10:32 am
Banned

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
Mine was stopped when I moved to Spain too, so my British children dont get it and rightly so - legally, if you're not of receipt of a UK "pension type benefit it its illegal to claim it when you stop paying NI

Jo xxx
Thats what I have been saying all along. IB have taken over the payments of my N.I contributions, that just how it worked out for me

Lisa xx
Old May 10th 2010, 10:35 am
Banned

Thats what I have been saying all along. IB have taken over the payments of my N.I contributions, that just how it worked out for me

Lisa xx
By the way, tell that to the UK Goverment who pay full CB to Poland and their parents do NOT have to have paid into the UK system...fact. Why do you think UK is up in arms about this. So if Polish people can come to UK and claim for their children, I think it is wrong that UK children can not get their CB from UK when NI and tax have been paid by the British parents and then move.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.