Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Is Brown stays at Number 10, what is his plans for benefits

Is Brown stays at Number 10, what is his plans for benefits

Old May 10th 2010, 7:09 am
  #16  
Just Joined
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: dubai
Posts: 5
curious101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is Brown stays at Number 10, what is his plans for benefits

He's on the way out for Sure!!!

He has no plans!
curious101 is offline  
Old May 10th 2010, 7:13 am
  #17  
Democracy advocate
 
Cape Blue's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 12,205
Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Brown stays at Number 10, what is his plans for benefits

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
In contrast to Cameron who has promised to reduce cabinet minister salaries,
Brown will probably continue to increase them whilst allowing them to fiddle any benefits they can get their hands on.
The rest of you will just have to wait and hope he drops you a few crumbs.
145K isn't huge for the level of seniority that Cabinet Ministers have. The average FTSE CEO gets around 3M.

65K for MPs seems quite low to me.

Pay peanuts you get monkeys.
Cape Blue is offline  
Old May 10th 2010, 7:31 am
  #18  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 172
crustycrab is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is Brown stays at Number 10, what is his plans for benefits

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
I think one of the parents has to be working in the UK and paying tax to enable them to qualify for Child benefit.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/majo...ng-abroad.html
Sorry, but I don´t think this is right. By what I have just read anyway. CB is available to all parents, you do not have to have paid anything into the system.

I will have a look and see where I read it and send you the link
crustycrab is offline  
Old May 10th 2010, 7:34 am
  #19  
Banned
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,008
JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Brown stays at Number 10, what is his plans for benefits

Originally Posted by crustycrab
If Gordon Brown gets lucky and stays in his house.

What are his plans for benefits i.e New claims for DLA applied from outside UK (as he is still ignoring EEU Regulations) and Long-Term Incapacity Benefit.

Anyone have any sensible answers.

How would you answer your own question?

Usually people put their own opinion about their posts, you have given us some facts as to why it is wrong to be denied this payment, but have not given us your answer yet.

Most people on the forum dont know much about these things, for most it is just another tale of "let downs" by the government, like people being refused cancer drugs on the NHS.

The fact that the UK is ignoring the EU law, and as you say cannot continue, but it has continued for 3 years, so what doe you think GB or DC plans are on this matter?
JLFS is offline  
Old May 10th 2010, 7:39 am
  #20  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 172
crustycrab is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is Brown stays at Number 10, what is his plans for benefits

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
I think one of the parents has to be working in the UK and paying tax to enable them to qualify for Child benefit.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/majo...ng-abroad.html
This is where I found the information. I think the link you have looked at is where, like I said, for example, parents from Poland can come to UK and claim CB, they do not have to have paid into the System, thats what all the outcry is about. This is because Poland´s CB is a pittance compared to UK

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/...d_children.htm

CC x
crustycrab is offline  
Old May 10th 2010, 7:45 am
  #21  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 172
crustycrab is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is Brown stays at Number 10, what is his plans for benefits

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
But people coming into the country or expats do have to pay NI or they dont qualify! The only reason we're able to claim it while I live in Spain is because my husband is working and paying in the UK. If he stops so does the child allowance, which I'm not eligible to claim anymore - he has to. Nationalities who simply arrive in the UK can only claim if they are allowed to register into our system, and to do that they have to work, unless they are granted assylum. Its a bit of a myth that just anyone can turn up in the UK and claim everything

Jo xxxx
Hi Jo

Look at this link

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/...d_children.htm

I still receive my CTC and CB here in Spain, I have no husband working in UK. The only reason I was allowed to export my CTC and CB is because I exported my Long-Term Incapacity Benefit. LTIB is one of a few benefits you need to be in receipt of to keep your CTC and CB. LTIB pay my N.I contributions in UK

CC xx
crustycrab is offline  
Old May 10th 2010, 8:08 am
  #22  
Straw Man.
 
rugbymatt's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
Posts: 46,302
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Brown stays at Number 10, what is his plans for benefits

Unreal!


So let me get this right... I am paying taxes here in the UK so that people in Spain can ensure that their children get benefits. Brilliant, I tell you what, why don't I just wear my boxer shorts back to front so that if anyone else wants to shaft me they can do it nice and quick! Jeez, what we need is a bloody strong leader, someone like..... Thatcher!
rugbymatt is offline  
Old May 10th 2010, 8:18 am
  #23  
Banned
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,008
JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Brown stays at Number 10, what is his plans for benefits

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Unreal!


So let me get this right... I am paying taxes here in the UK so that people in Spain can ensure that their children get benefits. Brilliant, I tell you what, why don't I just wear my boxer shorts back to front so that if anyone else wants to shaft me they can do it nice and quick! Jeez, what we need is a bloody strong leader, someone like..... Thatcher!
v.funny
JLFS is offline  
Old May 10th 2010, 8:21 am
  #24  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 172
crustycrab is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is Brown stays at Number 10, what is his plans for benefits

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Unreal!


So let me get this right... I am paying taxes here in the UK so that people in Spain can ensure that their children get benefits. Brilliant, I tell you what, why don't I just wear my boxer shorts back to front so that if anyone else wants to shaft me they can do it nice and quick! Jeez, what we need is a bloody strong leader, someone like..... Thatcher!
Here we go again, talking about something you know nothing about. Are you following me around.

If you read my post correctly you may have noticed that, NO you are not paying for Child Benefit in Spain or any other EU country out of your precious money. CB is not based on N.I contributions or Tax, it is every childs right to receive CB. So don´t fret, keep your boxers on the right way. Yuck!
crustycrab is offline  
Old May 10th 2010, 8:25 am
  #25  
squeaky clean
 
jojojojojo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
Posts: 1,576
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Brown stays at Number 10, what is his plans for benefits

Originally Posted by crustycrab
Hi Jo

Look at this link

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/...d_children.htm

I still receive my CTC and CB here in Spain, I have no husband working in UK. The only reason I was allowed to export my CTC and CB is because I exported my Long-Term Incapacity Benefit. LTIB is one of a few benefits you need to be in receipt of to keep your CTC and CB. LTIB pay my N.I contributions in UK

CC xx

Thats because you are in receipt of your health benefits/pension, but those who arent in receipt of DA are not allowed to - fact. Anyone who doesnt get any pensions and moves over to Spain cannot claim anything. When I first moved over, my child benefit was stopped, as it is for anyone moving here. You cannot claim UK benefits.

The rule is, if you choose to move to Spain then you claim what the Spanish claim, which is nothing unless you/they have worked here and paid into the system. Your own claims are based on your disability - I suspect that the days maybe numbered for claimants such as yourself - if for no other reason that "RugbyMatts" comments above and of course the major debt issues in the UK which will require some serious cutbacks across the board and unfortunately you may find that there is little sympathy for your plight.

Affectively, in the eyes of the masses, you, by leaving the UK have turned your back on it and therefore those who pay into the UK system will feel aggrieved that you can still claim money from the UK, when you obviously dont want it for any other reason than its money! I'm not saying its right or fair, but thats how it is seen I'm afraid

Jo xxx
jojojojojo is offline  
Old May 10th 2010, 8:28 am
  #26  
Straw Man.
 
rugbymatt's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
Posts: 46,302
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Brown stays at Number 10, what is his plans for benefits

Originally Posted by crustycrab
If Gordon Brown gets lucky and stays in his house.

What are his plans for benefits i.e New claims for DLA applied from outside UK (as he is still ignoring EEU Regulations) and Long-Term Incapacity Benefit.

Anyone have any sensible answers.
While I wasn't actually addressing you, yet again.... I must draw your attention to this line.....
rugbymatt is offline  
Old May 10th 2010, 8:30 am
  #27  
Banned
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,008
JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Brown stays at Number 10, what is his plans for benefits

Originally Posted by crustycrab
Here we go again, talking about something you know nothing about. Are you following me around.

If you read my post correctly you may have noticed that, NO you are not paying for Child Benefit in Spain or any other EU country out of your precious money. CB is not based on N.I contributions or Tax, it is every childs right to receive CB. So don´t fret, keep your boxers on the right way. Yuck!
What RM is saying is that all these benefits come out of money collected in through taxes.

When it say that these benefits are not based on NI contributions or Tax, it means that the "receiver" of said benefits does not have to have paid tax or NI to "receive" the benefit in question.

But ALL benefits are paid out of money "donated" by the Taxpayer, that is why taxes are collected, to pay for benefits, health service, education etc.

Where do you think that the money comes from to pay the benefits out.
JLFS is offline  
Old May 10th 2010, 8:33 am
  #28  
Straw Man.
 
rugbymatt's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
Posts: 46,302
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Brown stays at Number 10, what is his plans for benefits

Originally Posted by JLFS
What RM is saying is that all these benefits come out of money collected in through taxes.

When it say that these benefits are not based on NI contributions or Tax, it means that the "receiver" of said benefits does not have to have paid tax or NI to "receive" the benefit in question.

But ALL benefits are paid out of money "donated" by the Taxpayer, that is why taxes are collected, to pay for benefits, health service, education etc.

Where do you think that the money comes from to pay the benefits out.
That is exactly what I was saying... you said it much more succinctly than I did.
rugbymatt is offline  
Old May 10th 2010, 8:34 am
  #29  
On the road again.
 
Dick Dasterdly's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: On Top of the World
Posts: 17,507
Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Brown stays at Number 10, what is his plans for benefits

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
145K isn't huge for the level of seniority that Cabinet Ministers have. The average FTSE CEO gets around 3M.

65K for MPs seems quite low to me.

Pay peanuts you get monkeys.
In most businesses I might agree with you,but in the case of Govt., these ppl.are supposed to be in it because they passionately believe in what they are doing, rather than just to feather their nests.
Therefore the reverse should apply, and without exorbitant salaries it might be hoped to attract only the ppl.who really care about the country, rather than the size of their pay-packet.
Unfortunately as we have seen all to often it just doesn't work that way in practice.
Dick Dasterdly is offline  
Old May 10th 2010, 8:35 am
  #30  
Banned
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,008
JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Brown stays at Number 10, what is his plans for benefits

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
Thats because you are in receipt of your health benefits/pension, but those who arent in receipt of DA are not allowed to - fact. Anyone who doesnt get any pensions and moves over to Spain cannot claim anything. When I first moved over, my child benefit was stopped, as it is for anyone moving here. You cannot claim UK benefits.

The rule is, if you choose to move to Spain then you claim what the Spanish claim, which is nothing unless you/they have worked here and paid into the system. Your own claims are based on your disability - I suspect that the days maybe numbered for claimants such as yourself - if for no other reason that "RugbyMatts" comments above and of course the major debt issues in the UK which will require some serious cutbacks across the board and unfortunately you may find that there is little sympathy for your plight.

Affectively, in the eyes of the masses, you, by leaving the UK have turned your back on it and therefore those who pay into the UK system will feel aggrieved that you can still claim money from the UK, when you obviously dont want it for any other reason than its money! I'm not saying its right or fair, but thats how it is seen I'm afraid

Jo xxx


A lot of folk in the UK do feel this way, they dont like the fact that the money paid out is also taken out of the UK. as you already pointed out.

At least the benefits paid to people residing in the UK are being spent in the local ecomony.
JLFS is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.