Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Broadband & Calls in Spain?

Broadband & Calls in Spain?

Old Sep 1st 2006, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Broadband & Calls in Spain?

Telefónica are now offering free calls to mobiles as well as national landlines when you sign up for ADSL Duo at €39,90 per month. I think this is only initially for six months. Presumably they want to see how much it is going to cost them before making it permanent.
Old Sep 1st 2006, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Torrevieja & Los Altos, Spain. Formaly from Wembley, London, UK
Wendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
Telefónica are now offering free calls to mobiles as well as national landlines when you sign up for ADSL Duo at €39,90 per month. I think this is only initially for six months. Presumably they want to see how much it is going to cost them before making it permanent.
Will they give you a phone number? so you can get ADSL !!!!!!

Wendy x
Old Sep 1st 2006, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

If you are unable to get a telephone number it is probably because there is no available capacity in the local exchange. This situation is likely to prevail unless or until they upgrade it.
Old Sep 1st 2006, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Torrevieja & Los Altos, Spain. Formaly from Wembley, London, UK
Wendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
If you are unable to get a telephone number it is probably because there is no available capacity in the local exchange. This situation is likely to prevail unless or until they upgrade it.
Thank you Beachcomber,

Shall I put it on a message board in this area & ask if someone is getting their number disconnected could I buy their number from them.

Wendy
Old Sep 1st 2006, 5:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

You could try but here in Málaga, at least, there is a thriving black market in reallocated numbers usually involving greedy Telefónica installers.

Your other alternative is to contract with one of the wireless internet companies if there are any operating in your area. With these companies you can also pay extra for a telephone number or just use Skype for your calls.
Old Sep 10th 2006, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

Location: Albunol, Costa Tropical & Mytholmroyd West Yorkshire
Andrew_2706 is an unknown quantity at this point

I see you are in Albunol, we have just bought a house at Balcones de Albunol but we are scared to death we might not get ADSL as my partner and I need to work when we are there. Telefonica wouldnt say whether we would get ADSL until they install a line and test it, where abouts in Albunol are you?

Thanks,
Andrew

Originally Posted by pwwm
We are currently having problems with our service provider (arrakis), nothing dramatic, but they have investigated and discovered yesterday that it is the line (telefonica) it has been arranged by them, for a telefonica engineer to be here this morning.
Telefonica themselves called us yesterday to arrange time etc.

On similar note about Telefonica, I called them for a friend who recently moved in over here and asked for a telephone to be installed and they came the next day.

pwwm
Old Sep 10th 2006, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrew_2706
I see you are in Albunol, we have just bought a house at Balcones de Albunol but we are scared to death we might not get ADSL as my partner and I need to work when we are there. Telefonica wouldnt say whether we would get ADSL until they install a line and test it, where abouts in Albunol are you?

Thanks,
Andrew
Hi Andrew

We are up near the Cementario only a five minute walk from the Balcone, as you have seen we have ASDL and our problems have been sorted, I think all of Albuñol is now on ASDL.

You will have to contact me when you come over, I can put you in touch with some other buyers from the Balcone.

Are you moving permanently? pm me with an email and I can let you have access to my Albuñol photo page.

pwwm