Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

british telephones in Spain

british telephones in Spain

Old Jan 30th 2006, 4:29 pm
barxeta bliss,ohhhh

patsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud of
Default british telephones in Spain

I am moving to Spain in 2 weeks, can I take my british telephone with me? we have a telephone installed and running in our villa and would be great to take my walkabout phone if possible,thanks for any advice
Old Jan 30th 2006, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

coralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nice
Default Re: british telephones in Spain

Originally Posted by patsywhitehair
I am moving to Spain in 2 weeks, can I take my british telephone with me? we have a telephone installed and running in our villa and would be great to take my walkabout phone if possible,thanks for any advice
This might help you:
http://www.wppltd.demon.co.uk/WPP/Wi...___modems.html

I think basically that UK phones have problems ringing in Spain, because of a slight difference in wiring. Our old UK phones are stuck in a box (as are a load of old cables) and we ended up getting a Spanish cordless set (after many years with a feeble Telefonica one)

Actually, come to think of it, with a cordless, you might find that just the cable on the base unit needs changing. Or a new base unit might be enough and buying one that your old phone can latch on to (if it's a digital one, for example), would give you two phones to use.

Last edited by coralsoft; Jan 30th 2006 at 8:44 pm.