British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   British style bacon in Lidl (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/british-style-bacon-lidl-902511/)

Manclass Aug 26th 2017 12:15 pm

British style bacon in Lidl

For the last few years I have been buying British Bacon in Lidl. for the last few weeks I haven't been able to get it so it looks like they have stopped selling it . Has anybody else been buying this bacon and is their local Lidl still stocking it ?
Thanks,

bobd22 Aug 26th 2017 12:47 pm

Re: British style bacon in Lidl

Originally Posted by Manclass (Post 12324769)
For the last few years I have been buying British Bacon in Lidl. for the last few weeks I haven't been able to get it so it looks like they have stopped selling it . Has anybody else been buying this bacon and is their local Lidl still stocking it ?
Thanks,

Oh no I liked it for my bacon sandwich fix

amespana Aug 26th 2017 1:49 pm

Thanks,

Same in our branch of Lidl(Estepona).Going to try and email them.

HeikeundAlan Aug 26th 2017 1:51 pm

hiya
you mean danish bacon. last time it was gone for a few weeks then back again, they have a few things that drop out and then come back in.

catsndogs Aug 26th 2017 4:08 pm

Where are you? Do you have an Iceland near you?

tebo53 Aug 26th 2017 4:14 pm

We have it in Iceland and Dialaprix Supermarket

Manclass Aug 26th 2017 4:15 pm

No Iceland near me, the nearest one is a 3 hour round trip.

lyric030250 Aug 27th 2017 7:09 am

SuperSol sell it, smoked and unsmoked, thicker cut too.

Manclass Aug 27th 2017 8:40 am

Tried Supersols, personally don't think its a patch on Lidl's think its quite a bit more expensive too...

uk_grenada Aug 27th 2017 2:15 pm

I can highly recommend making your own, i do this now, very worthwhile man persuit...Homemade bacon and ham is pretty easy, very cheap, and most importantly the result is sooo much nicer than the wet muck in supermarkets [props to real iberian hams of course...]

bolton wanderer Aug 29th 2017 11:20 am

Thanks,

Oh no!! Terrible news. First it was the baked beans, now the bacon.:(
We're not due out for another week....tempted to smuggle our own in. :p

lurchio Aug 29th 2017 12:17 pm

Hey, North Korea launched a tactical missile over North China last night........................ Bacon????

uk_grenada Aug 29th 2017 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by lurchio (Post 12326713)
Hey, North Korea launched a tactical missile over North China last night........................ Bacon????

No, its unlikely it was carrying bacon.

KieronF Aug 29th 2017 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by lurchio (Post 12326713)

If we're all going to go, might as well go with a decent bacon sandwich in your mouth.

uk_grenada Aug 29th 2017 12:44 pm

Apparently in some areas if you convert to be a muslim, kind white people in white costumes will provide a daily bacon sandwich delivery to your door, sounds worth it to me...