Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

British standards ???

British standards ???

Old Feb 6th 2014, 6:24 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British standards ???

and it's not even Friday yet!
Old Feb 6th 2014, 6:36 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Did someone buy you a box of nasty pills for Xmas with a side effect of losing the skills to debate
You are distracting other posters from the subject at hand...Aggy claimed that the posted had said something, then they went off on a rant about it, others who follow the clique would then have quoted that and in no more than a post or two they would have been accused or whatever in saying that foreigners lived like virtual slaves in Britain then the usual suspects would have all chipped in to tell them that if they don't like Britain and all its pure whiteness they can **** off. I've seen you lot do it time and time again.

Oh and Dick, don't play the innocent one, you and Dom spend your time on here trying to goad me into a fight and i've forgotten the amount of times you've slagged me off or passed some snide comment. Lets all just be a little more open and a little less conniving eh?
Old Feb 6th 2014, 7:23 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

sigh
Old Feb 6th 2014, 7:33 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Look out, the gangs here.
Old Feb 6th 2014, 7:45 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat
Could you perhaps take the trouble to read my original post.

I said they were brought as slaves to the West Indies in order that the English could make money out of the sugar plantations etc. Many English stately homes were financed this way.
Later after WW2 they were asked to come to UK.

(I wasn't actually arguing just stating some facts, which else do you suggest was incorrect?)
yes, ok the UK had a hand in slavery, not in the taking of people from their own villages, making them walk miles to a beach or rudimentary harbour to be put onto a slaving ship and then taken to the West Indies.
The people doing the taking were either of their own nationality or from adjacent Arab states.

Brits had interests in the ships that did the carrying, in the sugar/molasses plantations and facilities in the West Indies

but just remember that the actual taking of the people who ended up as slaves were generally not Brits.
And the Royal Navy had a remit to stop all slave carrying ships, which is why so many slaves were thrown overboard chained together to "hide the evidence" - no slaves on the ship = no slave carrying, despite the obvious smells and outward signs.

But I have yet to see a British Standard from the British Standards Institute that covers the subject. However that period in Britain's history is well documented and yes many people made large amounts of money out of trafficing fellow humans, and also using them in Brit owned plantations.

Not a nice period in British History, but it happened, many have tried to say sorry.
But don't recall any apology for the deaths in the Black Hole in Calcutta

`
Old Feb 6th 2014, 7:47 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

CHILDREN - ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Old Feb 6th 2014, 8:40 pm
seenbeendonenocriesnowhys

fuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have a problem with Indians, they are generally educated, civilised and not terrorists. They integrate well.
Alot better than Brits when they emmigrate, who prefer to sought after their own,
and repeatingly refer to the UK as back home. Integration had not been,
the way of the British migrant, maybe the last several years we've seen more Brits
wanting to intigrate and get to know their chosen New land's citizens, life and
Language.
Its amazing to me how we look on foreigners, especially when we live in their countries.
Why in gods name should one have any problems,with Indians or for that matter
any other nationality....We brits ancient or modern are a race of mixed breed and culture, just like many nations....
Old Feb 6th 2014, 8:52 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Domino
CHILDREN - ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Absolutely priceless! Actually made me laugh!
Old Feb 6th 2014, 9:16 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

The title of this thread is " British Standards " you need only look at a few of the posts in the last 24 hours to see how far they have declined.
Old Feb 7th 2014, 12:24 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Oh and Dick, don't play the innocent one, you and Dom spend your time on here trying to goad me into a fight and i've forgotten the amount of times you've slagged me off or passed some snide comment. Lets all just be a little more open and a little less conniving eh?
Grow up.
I have no wish to goad anyone.
With regard to snide comments you are surely the master.
If I've ever slagged you off please show me where and I'll readily apologise,......... though as with your last wild accusation, I reckon I'll be waiting a long time.
If your idea of openness is repetitive abusive four letter words, then please count me out,......... not that myself and most other posters would expect to get away with it anyway.
Old Feb 7th 2014, 5:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas
and it's not even Friday yet!
Today it is, yippee !
Old Feb 7th 2014, 7:56 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Dom come on, " The UK had a hand in slavery ".
Bristol which at the time was one of the busiest ports in the western world owes its riches to slavery.
The Bristol merchants set off in slave ships loaded with cheap goods to trade for slaves in Africa , then to the west indies and the americas, selling the slaves returning with sugar, rare woods etc.
This went on for 100,years from the time of the Stuarts and was replicated in ports across the UK.
The first influx of black peoples into the UK were either freed or those kept as slaves.
As an ex navy you shoudl know that well before Nelson times there were many ex slaves were serving on English vessels.
There is a huge shopping centre in Bristol over which there was controversy because many of the names proposed had connections to the cities invlovement with the slave trade.
It is now called Cabot Circus because John Cabot pre dates the slave trade.
Old Feb 7th 2014, 8:06 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Most countries were into slavery in the past, the Arabs also. That was then FFS let's concentrate on the present.
Old Feb 7th 2014, 8:11 am
Banned

crookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Grow up.
I have no wish to goad anyone.
With regard to snide comments you are surely the master.
If I've ever slagged you off please show me where and I'll readily apologise,......... though as with your last wild accusation, I reckon I'll be waiting a long time.
If your idea of openness is repetitive abusive four letter words, then please count me out,......... not that myself and most other posters would expect to get away with it anyway.

Many a true word said in total seriousness.
Old Feb 7th 2014, 8:20 am
EMR
Banned

Most countries were into slavery in the past, the Arabs also. That was then FFS let's concentrate on the present.
A sign of declining standards is a country that denies or tries to forget its history and how that has influenced the country we live in today.
This thread is about " British Standards " not those of others across the world and what they did in the past or now.

If it was not for the British and other European nations buying slaves there would not have been a market.
Who transported the slaves from Africa to the Americas, not the arabs, who used them as workers , not the arabs. Who in the Uk mmade fortunes from the slave trade. not the arabs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.