Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

British numbers in Costa Del Sol

British numbers in Costa Del Sol

Old Mar 18th 2007, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

pwblackbelt is on a distinguished road
Default British numbers in Costa Del Sol

I am trying to find out the numbers of british people living in Costa Del Sol. I am especially interested in people with kids between 4 and 12 years of age. This is an enquiry regarding my business..... Professional Martial Arts Instructor.
Old Mar 18th 2007, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

sunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to all
Default Re: British numbers in Costa Del Sol

The number of British children attending Spanish state school in Andalucia rose from 4,800 in 1997 to 17,000 in 2001 - so quite a few Brits.
Make sure you get a CRB check done before you go out - because any sensible parent would want to check their children are safe with you.
And maybe you will find Spanish children want lessons as well.
Old Mar 18th 2007, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

( we are not on cds but)

my son attends a karate class - he is the only English boy there

They often have exhibitions/competitions so I think the Spanish are quite into it
Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

pwblackbelt is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by spain
( we are not on cds but)

my son attends a karate class - he is the only English boy there

They often have exhibitions/competitions so I think the Spanish are quite into it
Hi,
I would teach both expat and Spanish kids, I do speak a little Spanish and I am looking to improve all the time. However, the martial arts classes I teach are designed with the assistance of child psychologists. They are designed for children to understand and to enjoy, also to build confidence and teach respect and discipline. All of our instuctors at our full time academy are all professionally trained teachers, not just martial artists. We are all CRB checked and have the certificates to prove it.
The reason I mention the psychology part is that to fully get the benefit the kids would have to fully understand English, or I would have to massively improve my spanish.
Thanks for the info.