Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

British language radio around Granada region

British language radio around Granada region

Old Jul 19th 2009, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

jay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to behold
Default British language radio around Granada region

Moving in a few weeks to the Granada region and I am more of a radio listener than tv watcher, had a look on the net for local British language radio within the area but could only find ones that cover as far up as Nerja.

Can anyone suggest radio stations within the area and their frequencies please, more mature music the better, it at least has a rythum and some lyrics but hayho anything is better than tv.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 9:00 am
CLR
Forum Regular

Location: Shetland/Granada Province and orginally the right side of the border.
CLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to all
Default Re: British language radio around Granada region

Hi

I would be interested to see the replies to this one. We have the radio on most of the day (when we are in Spain) and have not yet managed to pick up a British station.

If we drive towards the coast down the A92 we pick up a variety of brit. coastal channels, but not for very long.

Old Jul 19th 2009, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

jenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nice
Smile Re: British language radio around Granada region

Originally Posted by jay01
Moving in a few weeks to the Granada region and I am more of a radio listener than tv watcher, had a look on the net for local British language radio within the area but could only find ones that cover as far up as Nerja.

Can anyone suggest radio stations within the area and their frequencies please, more mature music the better, it at least has a rythum and some lyrics but hayho anything is better than tv.
Check out Talkradioeurope - its a mix of talk and some good music.
Reciva.com is a good website to connect to - for radio stations all over the world.
Get yourself a wifi internet radio and connect in - its great - I use it to listen to the Beeb etc and there is a listen again facility which is very useful.
However, check on the Reciva site forums for comments on this.
All the best for your move
Old Jul 19th 2009, 9:35 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Mmmmm, I wonder if there are any mentioned in the free beer thread ?
Old Jul 19th 2009, 9:57 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Well, if you have MS Windows media placer on your pc, if you open it up, go to media guide and click on radio tuner you will find hundreds of English Speaking radio stations of all types all over the world.
I'm currently listening to a Rock Station in the US.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 10:11 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Mmmmm, I wonder if there are any mentioned in the free beer thread ?
No, surely not!

Someone may have already added a link to Spanish online radio station there you know!
Old Jul 19th 2009, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

jay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to behold

Many thanks for the replies, not many on normal radio I guess, Will have to learn to stay in one room to listen to the radio.

Will have to hunker down and get to grips with my Spanish, so at least I will have an idea what they are on about between the music.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

jenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nice

A wifi internet radio can be moved around the house - Roberts do a portable one....
RNE (the spanish national radio stations play great blues/jazz/classical etc depending on station you choose i.e. RNE1,2,3,4 - great too for tuning your ear into Spanish!
Old Jul 19th 2009, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

Cats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant future

You don't say that you are not having tv, just that you prefer radio. If you are having a tv it will probably be via a satellite dish for English channels? We get loads of UK radio stations through our satellite service in the Altiplano region of Granada.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 3:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks for the replies, not many on normal radio I guess, Will have to learn to stay in one room to listen to the radio.

Will have to hunker down and get to grips with my Spanish, so at least I will have an idea what they are on about between the music.
Originally Posted by jenna m
A wifi internet radio can be moved around the house - Roberts do a portable one....
RNE (the spanish national radio stations play great blues/jazz/classical etc depending on station you choose i.e. RNE1,2,3,4 - great too for tuning your ear into Spanish!
RNE Clasic.... they speak (about good classical music) far more slowly than most, so it's a good learning tool!

Originally Posted by Cats-R-Us
You don't say that you are not having tv, just that you prefer radio. If you are having a tv it will probably be via a satellite dish for English channels? We get loads of UK radio stations through our satellite service in the Altiplano region of Granada.
Don't know to what extent satellite service varies, I didn't think it did if it's one of the obvious either free or Sky packages, but I'd agree.

Also don't know how good your internet connection is/will be, but it's not always an affordable option for those in the wilds to be looking at (or should that be listening to!) using your pc or laptop as a substitute radio!