Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

British food warehouse in Madrid?

British food warehouse in Madrid?

Old Aug 15th 2011, 10:17 am
Just Joined

dougle_2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile British food warehouse in Madrid?

Hi!!! I tried looking for a similar post but as I'm surfing on my phone, I couldn't find anything so apologies if there are! I was just wondering if there's a British food warehouse or cash and carry in the Madrid or castilla y Leon area? I was in benidorm last week and went crazy in 'exoats' British food shop and it was really reasonably priced. I know there is the food hall in
Madrid but it really is expensive. I hope there is something!! I hope you're enjoying your Spanish bank holiday!!!!
Old Aug 15th 2011, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British food warehouse in Madrid?

Originally Posted by dougle_2k
Hi!!! I tried looking for a similar post but as I'm surfing on my phone, I couldn't find anything so apologies if there are! I was just wondering if there's a British food warehouse or cash and carry in the Madrid or castilla y Leon area? I was in benidorm last week and went crazy in 'exoats' British food shop and it was really reasonably priced. I know there is the food hall in
Madrid but it really is expensive. I hope there is something!! I hope you're enjoying your Spanish bank holiday!!!!
Cant answer re food, but yes enjoying the holiday thank you, but then enjoy every day lol
Old Aug 15th 2011, 10:28 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt you'd get British food at low prices in the Madrid area - there just aren't the numbers of Brit expats to make it viable. I remember once seeking out a bakery in the north of Madrid that sold Mince Pies. One Euro 60 each - I kid you not! They were very nice, but I never went back..
This website caters for American (and some Brit) foodstuffs

http://www.yummyplanet.es/en/

What foodstuffs in particular are you looking for? In many cases you'll find local, better quality Spanish equivalents at a good price...for instance if you miss bacon rolls, ask for a montado de lomo (pork steak). If not, why not venture down to Benidorm once in a while?
Old Aug 15th 2011, 10:53 am
Just Joined

dougle_2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: British food warehouse in Madrid?

Hi!!! Thanks for the info guys! I go to benidorm once maybe twice a year as I have family there so I buy an insane amount of condiments, spices and silly things that I miss like fray bentos etc... I can get lots if things with the new carrefour planet foreign food aisle (I'd like to point out I love spain and do cook lots of Spanish food!!) but sometimes it's a little bit expensive! I'll have a look at that website!! Thankssss! :-)
Old Aug 15th 2011, 11:03 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dougle_2k
Hi!!! Thanks for the info guys! I go to benidorm once maybe twice a year as I have family there so I buy an insane amount of condiments, spices and silly things that I miss like fray bentos etc... I can get lots if things with the new carrefour planet foreign food aisle (I'd like to point out I love spain and do cook lots of Spanish food!!) but sometimes it's a little bit expensive! I'll have a look at that website!! Thankssss! :-)
If you're missing pies, the following venture is based in Madrid, I believe. But don't tell him you found him from here - he had a spat with several posters here a while back and doesn't like us!

http://www.great-british-food.com/

As for spices, it may be worth checking out some Chinese stores dotted around the city. There is (or was) a Pakistani cluster of shops just south of the El Carmen metro (near Las Ventas), I don't know if they are still there but they had plenty of foodstuffs and spices.
Old Aug 15th 2011, 3:21 pm
Just Joined

robinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Why not try. www.thefoodhall.es
based in Madrid