Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

British documentry photographer looking for expat subjects.

British documentry photographer looking for expat subjects.

Old Jan 18th 2008, 11:00 am
Just Joined

Richard Durkin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British documentry photographer looking for expat subjects.

I am in Spain to work on a series of photographic portraits to document the lives of the diverse expat community living on the Costa del Sol. Working with my girlfriend we are looking for people of all ages and backgrounds to become subjects for this body of personal work.
Many of my childhood holidays were spent on the Costa and I have been planning to undertake this fascinating project since my parents moved to Mijas permanently a year ago.
My girlfriend and I have both been proffesionals in the industry for over ten years and are taking a break from commisioned work so are looking for people who can volunteer a small amount of their time so that we can realise this project.
We would love to hear from anybody who would like to be involved .
Old Jan 18th 2008, 7:59 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British documentry photographer looking for expat subjects.

Originally Posted by Richard Durkin
I am in Spain to work on a series of photographic portraits to document the lives of the diverse expat community living on the Costa del Sol. Working with my girlfriend we are looking for people of all ages and backgrounds to become subjects for this body of personal work.
Many of my childhood holidays were spent on the Costa and I have been planning to undertake this fascinating project since my parents moved to Mijas permanently a year ago.
My girlfriend and I have both been proffesionals in the industry for over ten years and are taking a break from commisioned work so are looking for people who can volunteer a small amount of their time so that we can realise this project.
We would love to hear from anybody who would like to be involved .
Thank you for you email asking permission to post. Please can you provide more information about the project.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 8:46 am
Just Joined

Hi Sue

Ultimately the photographs will used for my own portfolio of work and I plan to exhibit them in galleries in the UK and Spain.
This project is an entirely non-profit making exercise, the reason I am doing this is simply to take great photographs.
We already have a handful of people we are interested in using, but we are looking for more.
Please get in touch if you have any questions or suggestions.
Thanks.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Love your hair Sue.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 12:08 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
Love your hair Sue.
Blimey! That is the thread hijack of all thread hijacks!
Old Jan 19th 2008, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Blimey! That is the thread hijack of all thread hijacks!
Blimey, that is the understatement of all understatements
Old Jan 19th 2008, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

This could be a poor place to find interesting photographic subjects - they all generally sit around all day in their PJs at the computer "chatting" on here to others about how the weather is much nicer in Spain, and how they feel much safer. Occasionally they may mention how wonderfully family centric Spain is - whilst they sit 2000 miles from theirs.
The only time they go out is to witness the latest demolition of some poor soul's home - or if they hear of a local Dog being spoken to in a raised voice.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 1:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leighbloke
or if they hear of a local Dog being spoken to in a raised voice.
Only interesting when the dog talks back
Old Jan 20th 2008, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

teddy14 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TheArmChairDetective
Only interesting when the dog talks back
I like the sound of the project, when where you looking to begin work? I shall be moving to the south of the sol in 3-4months time.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 8:03 am
Just Joined

Hello Teddy
I have already started work and so far made some great contacts.
It's an on going project which I could be working on for many months.
Get in touch when you get here.
Good luck.

Richard
Old Jan 21st 2008, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

happybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant future

might be interested can you pm details
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 9:20 am
Still young member

Rixxy will become famous soon enoughRixxy will become famous soon enough

Hi there - certainly sounds intriguing. Can you pm me info as well please.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

Debrina is a jewel in the roughDebrina is a jewel in the roughDebrina is a jewel in the roughDebrina is a jewel in the roughDebrina is a jewel in the rough

Hi could you pm me some further details and which location you will be working in
thanks
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 8:56 am
Just Joined

We are lookng for all kinds of people to be in a series of photographs. I'm wanting to photograph them at home, work or play. Yesterday I photographed an artist in his garden in Mijas and at the weekend I am shooting a tabel tennis champion in Benalmedena. You can be of any age and from any background, you could be an ordinary person who just loves the beach.
All we need is you to give up a small amount of your time.
Please get in touch.

Richard