Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Brining family to Spain

Brining family to Spain

Old Aug 12th 2012, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

Abbey225 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brining family to Spain

Hi everyone! I just wondering has anyone gone through the visa/immigration process in trying to bring non EU family members to Spain to join them? I am thinking of bringing my non EU grandchildren to join me in Spain as I will feel lonely without them once I got residency and just wanted to know the Spanish authorities attitudes towards such applications? I will be exercising treaty rights as a self employed person so will show evidence of this along with evidence of our relationship- apart from this do i need to provide any other documents to get my grandchildren visas?
Old Aug 13th 2012, 6:08 am
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brining family to Spain

I think you need to be more specific. Are the grandchildren adults? if so they need apply themselves and be accepted into Spain in their own right, If not do their parents give consent? Can you prove to the Spanish authorities that you earn enough to support them??.........

Jo xxx
Old Aug 13th 2012, 8:46 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

rather than jump through all the hoops required have you not considered long visits instead ??
how do the parents feel about this - seems a brilliant idea, but will lead to long term problems when the kids want to go home, when the parents want them etc etc.
In the end all I can see is alot of unhappiness
Old Aug 13th 2012, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

ionie is an unknown quantity at this point

Depends on the age of the children.
If they are of school age you'll need to prove that you are their legal guardians, provide a court judgement or custody papers or such like to prove that you haven't kidnapped them.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Abbey225
in Spain as I will feel lonely without them once I got residency and just wanted to know the Spanish authorities attitudes towards such applications?
Without wishing to be unduly negative or indeed offensive to you, I'm concerned that you're lonely and wish them here to alleviate the loneliness. Of course you miss them, but removing them to another country and culture seemingly for your benefit alone is not a good reason so to do. You haven't mentioned anything about what's best for them. If you've thought of the possible consequences and implications for them, what conclusions have you come to?
Old Aug 13th 2012, 3:19 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Abbey225 have you really thought this through? See your other thread on becoming self employed in Spain http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...0#post10223090
Old Aug 13th 2012, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

sujee is a glorious beacon of lightsujee is a glorious beacon of lightsujee is a glorious beacon of lightsujee is a glorious beacon of lightsujee is a glorious beacon of lightsujee is a glorious beacon of lightsujee is a glorious beacon of lightsujee is a glorious beacon of lightsujee is a glorious beacon of lightsujee is a glorious beacon of lightsujee is a glorious beacon of light

If you want to be brining your family, I expect they are the salt of the earth.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

Charlene_2012 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone

Just joined today

I am 27 and my partner and I, as well as our 3yr old are looking to relocate from Glasgow to costa del sol, around this time next year. Just doing some research at the moment and looking for advice/tips.

My partner works offshore (Aberdeen) and he will continue to commute each month when we are in Spain and earns enough to be able to support us as a family when we relocate. I however too will be hoping to find work (I have qualifications in care sector, customer service and beauty/nail tech). We will also have savings behind us

Looking for advice on where to begin. We would like to locate to costa del sol, close to airport (malaga or alicante), within about 30/40min drive. And rent for an initial 6months to find our feet. Would ideally like to be based in a complex or apartment block wIth neighbours close by.

Any Advice is welcomed, we plan on 2 trips where we can hire car and look at specific areas and get a feel for the place. Also would like to be within reasonable distance from all amenities.