Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Brazil to Spain!

Brazil to Spain!

Old Jul 5th 2007, 12:33 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Brazil to Spain!

Its a bit of a long shot but any information would be gratefully received

We have met a lovely couple who are Brazillian. They have been here for just under 2 years and are trying to get residency. They are having big problems and are getting told different things all the time. I have just taken them to Lepe only to be told they have to wait 3 years, where as before now they have been told 2 years In the mean time they cant buy a car and cant get jobs. Can anyone at all help with some proper information so I can pass it on to them?
Old Jul 5th 2007, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

SoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud of
Default Re: Brazil to Spain!

I'm not sure about the work situation, as I'm guessing that's unique to their VISA they are on. It's quite possible they are there illegally?

I do know you have a right to claim full residency after spending 5 consecutive years there though...I'm not sure how that would apply to people outside the EU though.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 12:50 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sam parky
Its a bit of a long shot but any information would be gratefully received

We have met a lovely couple who are Brazillian. They have been here for just under 2 years and are trying to get residency. They are having big problems and are getting told different things all the time. I have just taken them to Lepe only to be told they have to wait 3 years, where as before now they have been told 2 years In the mean time they cant buy a car and cant get jobs. Can anyone at all help with some proper information so I can pass it on to them?
I would of thought they should be able to buy a car with an NIE and a rental agreement ?
Maybe Fred will know something.
There is a mod on here who is really knowledgable on immigration stuff, maybe he will look in and help, as he does visit the Europe forums.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 1:11 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdr
I would of thought they should be able to buy a car with an NIE and a rental agreement ?
Maybe Fred will know something.
There is a mod on here who is really knowledgable on immigration stuff, maybe he will look in and help, as he does visit the Europe forums.
They are renting and have their own phone line so they must have an NIE number to get a phone line. I will ask them when I see them, I am hopeless at this sort of stuff so was hoping someone on here could help. Thanks.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 1:15 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

Spanish embassy/consulate in Brazil?
http://www.mae.es/consulados/rio/