Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

bore water mains pipe

bore water mains pipe

Old Oct 26th 2009, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

pauldawn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default bore water mains pipe

can any one help /can you tell me the size of the bore of the water mains pipe ( the black water pipe that leads to your home in mm please)thanks
not how long it is the bore please
Old Oct 26th 2009, 10:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: bore water mains pipe

Originally Posted by pauldawn
can any one help /can you tell me the size of the bore of the water mains pipe ( the black water pipe that leads to your home in mm please)thanks

Not without going out & measuring in the dark .... do you mean the high pressure stuff with (blue?) stripe along the side? I can't remember if it's 50mm or 38mm. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be along in due course.
Old Oct 27th 2009, 7:27 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I will assume it varies - we have our own wells here and normally 32mm but sometimes it is reduced to 25mm.

Occasionally 40mm is found, usually from the deeper bore holes.

Davexf
Old Oct 27th 2009, 8:19 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pauldawn

The size will depend on several things.
The amount of water you need for your house; the length of pipe form borehole to your house; and any turns (bends) within the pipe route; plus the water pressure. In the first instance you have to connect a submersible pump.
All of these things influence the size of pipe.
All MDPE (flexible plastic pipes) are sized giving the OD (outside) diameter. So the higher the pressure the thinker the wall the larger the pipe.
This is a page I have found which allows you to seethe calculation behind this.
http://tinyurl.com/water-pipes
It is not in metric.

assuming you are asking about a new pipe and not about repairing an existing pipe, I would use the size of the pump outlet and run the new pipe up to the house in the same size. Reducing the size inside the house.