Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Bookings for our adventure!

Bookings for our adventure!

Old Dec 26th 2007, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Up in the mountains outside Cocentaina..and loving it!
Cornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bookings for our adventure!

Boy, oh boy, is it beginning to feel real! We have, so far, booked a one way flight for MIL to Alicante, where our friends will pick her up and look after her for the time it will take us to drive through France and into Spain.
We have booked the ferry (one way....scary!!!) and now have booked accommodation for the drive through France and into Spain.

The bizarre thing about all this is that it will be almost a year to the day that we were out there considering our options and whether this REALLY was the right time/thing to do....and now here we are about to go!

My only concern is the ferry, as I HATE sailing...in fact I get sea sick even when the ship is still docked in harbour....but it will all be worth it in the end...or so I keep telling myself!

Ferry sails on Jan 20th....can someone please do their 'thing' for a VERY smooth crossing please???!!!
Old Dec 26th 2007, 10:16 pm
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Eve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud of
Default Re: Bookings for our adventure!

Hi, well you sound very organised, I will keep my fingers crossed for you for a smooth sailing, so smooth you won't know you have sailed until you dock on the other side!! I am sure between now and them you will have very mixed emotions, but good luck to you, wish I was in a position to go to our little part of spain, but alas not yet. what will you be doing, have you got work lined up or will you be a lady of leisure?
Anyway whatever you do i wish you well.
Luv Eve
xx
Old Dec 27th 2007, 11:16 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Fingers crossed for your ferry crossing, and for your trip down to Spain. It's really beginning to feel real?....
Old Dec 27th 2007, 11:36 am
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, what ferry are you doing? The dover calais one is the shortest. Theres a speed ferry too. Or you could have done the tunnel?

If you get sea sick then go on the deck outside. If you see your moving then its better, plus easier to hurl up over the edge

Enjoy your trip, best of luck!
Old Dec 27th 2007, 12:23 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onlineamiga
Hi, what ferry are you doing? The dover calais one is the shortest. Theres a speed ferry too. Or you could have done the tunnel?

If you get sea sick then go on the deck outside. If you see your moving then its better, plus easier to hurl up over the edge

Enjoy your trip, best of luck!
I suspect that Sally will be sailing from Plymouth as that is her nearest port but I may be very wrong.

Good Luck with the trip, I am also useless at boats so I do not envy you the journey at all.

Rosemary
Old Dec 27th 2007, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

sarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond repute

Ginger pop, ginger biscuits or ginger capsules really work for motion sickness.

And if you are feeling a bit queesy go to the middle of the ship.

Best of luck
Old Dec 27th 2007, 5:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Up in the mountains outside Cocentaina..and loving it!
Cornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for not replying before, but I have had a visit to the dentist to contend with today. To cut a long and very painful story short, I had to have a tooth removed, which shattered when the dentist tried removing it. I now have stitches in the mouth and feel as if I have done 10 rounds with Mike Tyson!

Yes, we are going from Plymouth. Our original plan was Plymouth/Santander, but that ferry doesn't start again until March, so we have to go Plymouth/Roscoff and drive through France. It will be a long journey, but we are looking at it as part of the adventure!

We fly to CB on Monday...I just hope this mouth of mine is better by then...come back 11th Jan and then off for good on 20th Jan
Old Dec 27th 2007, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

happybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant future

Good luck with your trip to spain. we set off tonight we are going via the tunnel not looking forward to the long journey. but it will be worth it when we hit spain
Old Dec 28th 2007, 7:03 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happybunny
Good luck with your trip to spain. we set off tonight we are going via the tunnel not looking forward to the long journey. but it will be worth it when we hit spain
Have a good trip, sunshine has returned to Fuengirola in time for you. ;-))
Old Dec 28th 2007, 6:58 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Sally wishing you a good trip on Monday and hope you can get everything you need to do sorted out before you sail on the 20th,I'm sure you will have lots to tell us on your return,the very best of luck..........
Old Dec 29th 2007, 10:24 am
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Eve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud of

Good luck to you both, Sally and happy bunny. Hope your journeys are not too long and very safe. I wish you all the best for 2008 and for your new .lives ahead. happy new Year .
Luv Eve
xx