Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Bonkers...last episode in 15 mins ITV 1

Bonkers...last episode in 15 mins ITV 1

Old Mar 8th 2007, 7:49 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold
Default Bonkers...last episode in 15 mins ITV 1

Not sure how much sense this would make if you haven't seen the previous episodes, but it's the most deliciously crazy, funny, irreverent sitcom on the box at the moment. Epitomising the Britain that some people think is going to the dogs...
Old Mar 8th 2007, 7:55 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bonkers...last episode in 15 mins ITV 1

Originally Posted by poollounger
Not sure how much sense this would make if you haven't seen the previous episodes, but it's the most deliciously crazy, funny, irreverent sitcom on the box at the moment. Epitomising the Britain that some people think is going to the dogs...
I have never seen it , but i shall record it as on the other side at the same time on Channel 4 is the "Great Global warming Hoax " a documentary which i am looking forward to seeing ...

But will report on Bonkers tomorrow if i watched it by then
Old Mar 8th 2007, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Big Pete
But will report on Bonkers tomorrow if i watched it by then
This will be good
Old Mar 8th 2007, 9:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

Watched the whole series.....brilliant!
Old Mar 9th 2007, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

Gadget is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mrsjdr
Watched the whole series.....brilliant!
Arrrrgh I also watched the whole series, but missed the last episode.

Does anyone know if it will be repeated?

Cheers

Gadget
Old Mar 9th 2007, 10:36 am

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Gadget
Arrrrgh I also watched the whole series, but missed the last episode.

Does anyone know if it will be repeated?

Cheers

Gadget
You can watch it on line.......hope there is another series...love it's zaniness which conceals a heart of seriousness...
Old Mar 9th 2007, 9:44 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dazzle
This will be good
Hmmmmmmm maybe i am geting old ! Watched half of it and didnt laugh once ! .. How come she can see the toy boy but the others cant ? So seemed a silly program in my brief view !

After saying that maybe if i had followed from the start it may of made sense but as it was it didnt keep me awake last night , so on a rating out of 10 it gets 3 ..

I am a bit of a strange person , i know you wouldnt have guessed that one But programs that are sort of made up with impossible happenings etc , dont rate highly .. Now when you talk about Comedy the best is real life possibilty stuff like "Vicar Of Dibley" Fawlty Towers" Only Fools and Horses " etc.. each one all set in real life with believable storys ...

Sorry but i did sacrifice 1/2 hour of my life for it , and thats 1/2 hour i could of been fishing or cleaning The Beast or the such like , so thanks for that
Old Mar 10th 2007, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by Big Pete
Hmmmmmmm maybe i am geting old ! Watched half of it and didnt laugh once ! .. How come she can see the toy boy but the others cant ? So seemed a silly program in my brief view !

After saying that maybe if i had followed from the start it may of made sense but as it was it didnt keep me awake last night , so on a rating out of 10 it gets 3 ..

I am a bit of a strange person , i know you wouldnt have guessed that one But programs that are sort of made up with impossible happenings etc , dont rate highly .. Now when you talk about Comedy the best is real life possibilty stuff like "Vicar Of Dibley" Fawlty Towers" Only Fools and Horses " etc.. each one all set in real life with believable storys ...

Sorry but i did sacrifice 1/2 hour of my life for it , and thats 1/2 hour i could of been fishing or cleaning The Beast or the such like , so thanks for that
LOL Big Pete..since when did the Vicar of Dibley bear any relation to real life??
I have never met any vicars like her, have you ?? Know of quite a few unconventional ones, but not like her. I do love the series, and find it a real tonic to watch the reruns. Fools and horses is superb, but I have never been a fan,and as for Fawlty Towers..they would surely have been out of business in no time, and I always feel that the John Cleese character should have been strangled at birth !! He merely reinforces British xenophobia. Absolutely detest it!!
I liked the surreal nature of Bonkers...plenty of women have fantasies about celebrities, and in her case that is what it was, a fantasy precipitated by a mid life crisis. It was written as a comedy, but underpinned by truth, I certainly have come across people exactly like everyone of the characters in the show.. I don't think any of it was implausible.. perhaps you have just led a sheltered life??
The funniest thing was the programme that followed on about the making of it. I had imagined the writer to be some racy woman, very worldy and glamorous, and she was all grey haired and motherly.
When it seems that every other fictional programme these days is a detective/murder story, with violence and agression, it was fun to see a series that dealt with sex, and breakdown and relationships and and and.........and was fun to boot. Roll on the next series....please...
PS And what about the compulsively awful Benidorm?? Talk about stereotypes.. or was it true to life ??
Old Mar 10th 2007, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

LOVE IT.....FABULOUS CHARACTERS, BUT, CAN´T SEE HOW THEY COULD MAKE ANOTHER SERIES WITHOUT FELIX.
Old Mar 10th 2007, 7:43 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
LOVE IT.....FABULOUS CHARACTERS, BUT, CAN´T SEE HOW THEY COULD MAKE ANOTHER SERIES WITHOUT FELIX.
Well maybe it deserves a proper verdict

I will wait til its on Sky which it no doubt will be and then repeated for the next 10 years 3 times a week like everything else on there !! God knows how they get away with it but we still pay them

Then i shall watch it from start to finish ...
Old Mar 11th 2007, 9:44 am
Just Joined

merrymex is an unknown quantity at this point

Lynda Bellingham drinks at one of our local's here in Benissa and is very friendly
Old Mar 11th 2007, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

maryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond repute

watched it, loved it, hope they do another, i totally connected with the liza tarbuck character, i think i shal conjure up my own 'felix' for those days when i am seen as nothing more than a house maid.
Old Mar 11th 2007, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

maryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
felix is only an aspect of the story, there are so many other characters that could do different things, this is just the start of it, the show is about coping strategys and unique ways of dealing with unique situations, felix was just an example of that.
Old Mar 11th 2007, 10:26 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't get to watch it as 'he who controls the remote' switched over - he didn't like it I really like Lisa Tarbuck (loved her in Linda Green, did anyone watch that? It was really funny) I will just have to wait for the repeats.
Old Mar 11th 2007, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by maryann
felix is only an aspect of the story, there are so many other characters that could do different things, this is just the start of it, the show is about coping strategys and unique ways of dealing with unique situations, felix was just an example of that.
Very true.. do you think posting on this forum, dreaming of living in Spain is yet another way of coping with drearyiness and routine ?? What happens whe you have eventually done it ? What then replaces the Spanish dream ??
German film director Werner Herzog made a film called Fitzcarraldo about a man with a dream to build an opera house in the middle of a Peruvian jungle. Herzog said that he found life impossible without having a dream...fortunately most of us have less impossible dreams...but we need to replace them at regular intervals, or find new ones once they are realised. Sadly as we get older and our time on this planet shrinks the scope for dreams shrinks too.. I think the people who age well are the ones who never lose their capacity to dream and look onwards and upwards.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.