Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Bonalba/ Busot. nice or not?

Bonalba/ Busot. nice or not?

Old May 30th 2012, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

dorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bonalba/ Busot. nice or not?

Hi,
Just a quickie, I am looking for advice about these two places. I know Bonalba is a golf village but I don't know anything about Busot only what I looked at on Google earth. How close is Busot to el Campello. if anyone can give me some insight I'd be very grateful
Jan
Old May 30th 2012, 10:16 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bonalba/ Busot. nice or not?

Busot is a nice quiet little town, but there are few facilities and public transport links are poor. It is circa 20 minutes by car from El Campello along a very scenic winding road. http://www.lovealicante.com/areas/busot/

There is a range of property from old to new and prices are low. The area is popular with hikers and tourists
Old May 30th 2012, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

dorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Missile, it looks lovely, I was hoping for a long term rental rather than buying somewhere initially... any idea what the rental prices are like for something modest... 2 up 2 down sort of thing that we can also bring our two lurchers to,
Old May 30th 2012, 11:48 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I would have thought a budget of 400 euros per month would get you a very nice property. You might want to take a short term rental like this, currently advertised @ £134 per week

and look around the area. Go visit and I feel sure the locals will be able to advise you far better than I.

The area would be ideal for your dogs, but some LL may be reluctant to accept them.

Last edited by missile; May 30th 2012 at 11:53 am.
Old May 30th 2012, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

thanks very much for your excellent help... much appreciated x
Old May 30th 2012, 1:16 pm
Started off with nothing

Many thanks for your kind words. I still remember how difficult it was for us to settle in spain and very pleased to do what little I can to help others avoid the mistakes we made.

Wherever you decide to make your new home, I do hope you will enjoy life in spain.

Last edited by missile; May 30th 2012 at 1:35 pm.
Old May 30th 2012, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dorishaslop
thanks very much for your excellent help... much appreciated x
PM sent.

John
Old May 30th 2012, 4:53 pm
I believe.

Grebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud of

Another PM sent

Suzi
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

Kayak is an unknown quantity at this point

Busot is nice, Bonalba is a dump surrounded by ugly tomato greenhouses!
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi again all.... I've kinda made my mind up.. think it's going to be el Campello.. great for me and ok for the dogs. and close for the OH workplace. let's hope it all happens now, I am soooo psyched up for it. (if that's the right spelling but you all know what I mean ) I can't wait now, it's all I dream about night and day, Ive waited long enough..;
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Kayak
Busot is nice, Bonalba is a dump surrounded by ugly tomato greenhouses!
I think Doris meant Bonalba Golf, in fact I know she did
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dorishaslop
Hi again all.... I've kinda made my mind up.. think it's going to be el Campello.. great for me and ok for the dogs. and close for the OH workplace. let's hope it all happens now, I am soooo psyched up for it. (if that's the right spelling but you all know what I mean ) I can't wait now, it's all I dream about night and day, Ive waited long enough..;
Fantastic Doris (very wise actually), let me know when, and we'll meet up for a glass of something nice, to celebrate.

John
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Saxy
Fantastic Doris (very wise actually), let me know when, and we'll meet up for a glass of something nice, to celebrate.

John
absolutely... can't wait John x
Old Jun 6th 2012, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

wedgehed is an unknown quantity at this point

i live in Busot,

have done for 8 years and i love it, my work takes me all over the costa blanca so i get to visit many towns, and have not found anywhere that i would prefer. there is no great public transport which is the only thing that lets it down. its approx 6 km to campello, takes about 10 mins to get there by car. it is however an area for older expats i am probably the youngest expat here an im 35. although there are of course many younger locals.

the locals in most cases are friendly and i found it relativley easy to intergrate, the Mayor is a local lad and one of the youngest in the Valencian community, he is very keen and has been able to invest in the town over the past couple of years so its looking good at the moment.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

That's the only downside, the public transport. sounds like Busot is pretty nice though. I still would prefer el Campello... my idea of paradise

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.