Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Bon dia from Catalonia

Bon dia from Catalonia

Old Mar 6th 2014, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

Simon_100 has much to be proud ofSimon_100 has much to be proud ofSimon_100 has much to be proud ofSimon_100 has much to be proud ofSimon_100 has much to be proud ofSimon_100 has much to be proud ofSimon_100 has much to be proud ofSimon_100 has much to be proud ofSimon_100 has much to be proud ofSimon_100 has much to be proud ofSimon_100 has much to be proud of
Default Bon dia from Catalonia

Hi, I'm new to BE but have lived here since 1997, based in the lovely city of Tarragona as well as a tiny hamlet in the Pyrenees, where among other things I organise motorcycle rallies and tours as well as rent out my cottage there for holidays roughly between Easter and All Saints'.

It's good to see a friendly forum that is global as well as having special sections for Spain. I'm looking forward to getting to know you . . .

Regs

Simon
Old Mar 6th 2014, 2:46 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bon dia from Catalonia

As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Mar 6th 2014, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Buenas noches, bienvenidos. I heard they spoke funny up north we use Buenos días down here or in my town, que hay and over the water bom dia.

Bonjour one of my few French words :-)

Do you buy motor cycles ? I have one for sale soon.

Last edited by bxpuser24710519; Mar 6th 2014 at 5:24 pm. Reason: add the french bit
Old Mar 7th 2014, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

Simon_100 has much to be proud ofSimon_100 has much to be proud ofSimon_100 has much to be proud ofSimon_100 has much to be proud ofSimon_100 has much to be proud ofSimon_100 has much to be proud ofSimon_100 has much to be proud ofSimon_100 has much to be proud ofSimon_100 has much to be proud ofSimon_100 has much to be proud ofSimon_100 has much to be proud of

Hello Captain's Watch - and thank-you Rosemary.

Yes, we do indeed talk funny up north, but not as funny as I used to Up North

Meanwhile, thanks for the welcome. As for the motorbike, well I'm not a bike dealer if that's what you mean. But you never know, what are you going to sell? Or perhaps better, do you want to buy a Dnepr bike with sidecar - swop perhaps ?

Regs

Simon
Old Mar 7th 2014, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Hahaha Simon, Captain's Watch, close but not quite Up north ? how far up north ?

Triumph Sprint ST 955i my late husbands, big man big bike. Miss riding out with him but no thanks to a bike and side car
Old Mar 7th 2014, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
Hahaha Simon, Captain's Watch, close but not quite Up north ? how far up north ?

Triumph Sprint ST 955i my late husbands, big man big bike. Miss riding out with him but no thanks to a bike and side car
Hi - my speed reading is as notorious as my typo's, plus I've spend too much time reading the 'Master and Commander' books

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. I think your Trumpet would pull my arms out of their sockets as I'm a bit of an old fart. But I can direct you towards some friendly biker's forums that have private sales sections. Is the bike UK or Spanish registered?

Regs

Simon
Old Mar 7th 2014, 6:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simon_100
Hi, I'm new to BE but have lived here since 1997, based in the lovely city of Tarragona as well as a tiny hamlet in the Pyrenees, where among other things I organise motorcycle rallies and tours as well as rent out my cottage there for holidays roughly between Easter and All Saints'.

It's good to see a friendly forum that is global as well as having special sections for Spain. I'm looking forward to getting to know you . . .

Regs

Simon
Warm welcome to you Simon

My OH and myself have done and still go to a lot of bike rallies in and around the midlands area of the UK and are looking forward to doing the same when we move over to Spain later this year.

We've always loved the week-enders alongside 'proper' bikers

I to am an 'old fart' biker with a yammy dragstar cruiser but love it.

Will PM you later in the year to join you at a rally.

Tebo53
Old Mar 8th 2014, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tebo53

My OH and myself have done and still go to a lot of bike rallies in and around the midlands area of the UK and are looking forward to doing the same when we move over to Spain later this year.

Tebo53
Hi there Tebo,

It'll be a pleasure to meet and ride out together. My main bike is a BMW G650 X-Country, modded a little bit to make it better off road as well as for touring with camping kit for up to a month at a time. I have a mate, now living back in Britain, who had a Suzuki that was similar to your bike - an Intruder? - and we rode together fine.

There are lots of great general rallies in Spain and I try to get one or two in each year. But I also organise my own HISS rallies which are geared mainly, though not excusively, to riding trails. But the rallies are also located in places which have the very best of road riding in Spain, and indeed all are welcome

Where are you moving too?

Regs

Simon
Old Mar 9th 2014, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi - my speed reading is as notorious as my typo's, plus I've spend too much time reading the 'Master and Commander' books Hahaha speed reading plus brain and fingers non ordination are very familiar to me. Not the books though, should I go look for them ?

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. I think your Trumpet would pull my arms out of their sockets as I'm a bit of an old fart. But I can direct you towards some friendly biker's forums that have private sales sections. Is the bike UK or Spanish registered? Trumpet hahaha love it ..... Thank you been a few years now since I lost my big fella. Bike was bought in UK ridden down ( and back a few times ) and has Spanish plates.
Regs

Simon
We rode the Yamaha up, bought the Sprint, ran it in ect., then rode it back. Second trip all the way to Scotland on it. Remember wet leathers well !
Old Mar 9th 2014, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
We rode the Yamaha up, bought the Sprint, ran it in ect., then rode it back. Second trip all the way to Scotland on it. Remember wet leathers well !
So, if it's all legal in Spain there will be no trouble selling it here, the only difficulty might be if the clock is in miles - I guess you'd have to explain that to a buyer as it makes a big difference

I've made a post with a link in that seems to be stuck with the moderators - I guess it's because I'm new here - so look up 'motos.net' for the biggest advertising site here in Spain, but you'll have to OK with dealing in Spanish of course.

I don't know of an ex-pat bikers forum in Spain as far as I know, maybe we should start a section here

Regs

Simon
Old Mar 9th 2014, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

Tebo53
Hi Tebo,

I replied to your post yesterday - twice! - but my post seems to have been blocked by the moderators, I guess because it contained a link

I'd love to meet up when you're down here. I ride a BMW G650 X-Country, tricked up a bit for g¡better trail riding and carrying enough luggage for month long camping tours.

I go to some Spanish rallies, there are hundreds up and down the country and they're really friendly, a great way to get to know people and the culture - food is a 'Big Thing' there so pack a good appetite

I've been looking up your bike too - I loved the ld Virago and if I had money and space I'd find room for one in my personal Hall of Fame for bikes!

Where are you moving to?

Regs

Simon

PS - for Captain's Wench: I'm not really a true northerner as i was born about half a mile south of the Mersey, which was in Cheshire in those far off days!
Old Mar 9th 2014, 11:00 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

I replied to your post yesterday - twice! - but my post seems to have been blocked by the moderators, I guess because it contained a link
Correct, it's been approved now.
Old Mar 9th 2014, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tebo,

I'd love to meet up when you're down here. I ride a BMW G650 X-Country, tricked up a bit for g¡better trail riding and carrying enough luggage for month long camping tours.

I go to some Spanish rallies, there are hundreds up and down the country and they're really friendly, a great way to get to know people and the culture - food is a 'Big Thing' there so pack a good appetite

I've been looking up your bike too - I loved the ld Virago and if I had money and space I'd find room for one in my personal Hall of Fame for bikes!

Where are you moving to?

Regs

Simon

!
We will be moving to the Costa Blanca area, hopefully just up from Benidorm. Altea maybe.

There is an expat bikers club which I joined last year, they go by the name of BOPA Bikers and do loads of ride outs. Needless to say I've not been on any ride-outs with them yet but I email them and they seem a friendly bunch

I can remember doing Scotland a few years back and thoroughly enjoyed it. I think we had the only week of sunshine of the whole year
Old Mar 9th 2014, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

We will be moving to the Costa Blanca area, hopefully just up from Benidorm. Altea maybe.

There is an expat bikers club which I joined last year, they go by the name of BOPA Bikers and do loads of ride outs. Needless to say I've not been on any ride-outs with them yet but I email them and they seem a friendly bunch

I can remember doing Scotland a few years back and thoroughly enjoyed it. I think we had the only week of sunshine of the whole year
All in one week ? must have been May or October ?
Old Mar 9th 2014, 2:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

So, if it's all legal in Spain there will be no trouble selling it here, the only difficulty might be if the clock is in miles - I guess you'd have to explain that to a buyer as it makes a big difference

Regs

Simon
Hmmmm cannot remember think it is kms. It is all legal just needs tlc to take it back on the road.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.