British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Boil Bottled water for babies (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/boil-bottled-water-babies-412152/)

mrsjdr Dec 6th 2006 4:26 pm

Boil Bottled water for babies

Can anyone help ? Our Grandaughter is 6 months old, and as up to now our daughter has boiled her bottled water for her feeds, but after 6 months UK say´s you do not have to boil water for feeds, has anyone else come across this, do you Mum´s still boil bottled water?? Everything you read is so confusing and contradicts itself ???

lynnxa Dec 6th 2006 5:01 pm

Re: Boil Bottled water for babies

Originally Posted by mrsjdr
Can anyone help ? Our Grandaughter is 6 months old, and as up to now our daughter has boiled her bottled water for her feeds, but after 6 months UK say´s you do not have to boil water for feeds, has anyone else come across this, do you Mum´s still boil bottled water?? Everything you read is so confusing and contradicts itself ???

we came on hols here when no.2 was about 3-4 months and were recommended to use a particular water for her with low mineral content..can't remember the brand - but I'm pretty sure it had a pink label and said it was recommended for babies on the label............and I didn't boil it when just giving here water to drink

I personally wouldn't boil it, except for when making up formula

RENE21 Dec 6th 2006 6:31 pm

Hi,
My son was born in Spain & i only boiled bottled water until he was 6 months.
He's now a 15 months & fine.
I agree though you should try & get the lowest mineral content if you can.I think i read somewhere its not good for their kidneys if the mineral content is high.
Hope this helps. :)

Andy Pipken Dec 6th 2006 7:19 pm

I gave both my children RUM !!
GIVES THEM A BAD HEAD BUT MY DO THEY SLEEP

mrsjdr Dec 6th 2006 10:01 pm

Thanks for the replies and help , think we will forget the rum Andy !! :eek:

Andy Pipken Dec 7th 2006 9:24 am

Thanks for the replies and help , think we will forget the rum Andy !! :eek:

I agree rum is not everybodys choice, but you should try BAILEYS as it has milk in it !! ;)

mikelincs Dec 7th 2006 11:08 am

Originally Posted by Andy Pipken
I agree rum is not everybodys choice, but you should try BAILEYS as it has milk in it !! ;)

I always thought Gin was the usual tipple for babies, part of the mothers allocation and used to keep the baby quiet so mum could get on with the serious drinking. :D