British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Boi K supplement (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/boi-k-supplement-839170/)

dorishaslop Jul 21st 2014 2:19 pm

Boi K supplement

Hi, I have just been told that putting one of these effervescent tablets in water and drinking one a day will replace all minerals etc lost through sweating..

Has anyone else heard of this or are taking this... I am asking as I suffer from cramp quite frequently and my friend says this will cure it.

Just wanted to know if anyone else has benefitted from this stuff...xx

lynnxa Jul 21st 2014 2:44 pm

Re: Boi K supplement

Originally Posted by dorishaslop (Post 11343191)
Hi, I have just been told that putting one of these effervescent tablets in water and drinking one a day will replace all minerals etc lost through sweating..

Has anyone else heard of this or are taking this... I am asking as I suffer from cramp quite frequently and my friend says this will cure it.

Just wanted to know if anyone else has benefitted from this stuff...xx

not heard of it, but when my daughter suffered cramp badly & frequently I was told to put more salt in her food - by the doctor..

jimenato Jul 21st 2014 2:59 pm

Doris - could you confirm that you mean Bio K rather than Boi K.

dorishaslop Jul 21st 2014 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 11343236)

Definitely Boi K.. xx

Rosemary Jul 21st 2014 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 11343236)

BOI-K de MERCK S.L.

Rosemary

jjh Jul 21st 2014 4:52 pm

I use it and it certainly does the trick.

dorishaslop Jul 21st 2014 8:53 pm

Thanks for the replies... I did take a dose earlier and so far tonight I haven't had leg cramps... I have also noticed that usually at this time of night I generally have a headache... that has not happened tonight either.... so maybe it is a good thing to take... I suppose it's the same principle as electrolytes we take in England... xx

rafikiphoto Jul 22nd 2014 10:26 am

Originally Posted by jjh (Post 11343368)
I use it and it certainly does the trick.

Do you purchase it in Spain?

My OH suffers from leg-cramps and finds that Diaoralyte helps.

Madridboy Jul 22nd 2014 11:04 am

If you're having cramps it could be a sign of a potassium deficiency, try consuming more bananas, avocados, salmon, etc. or anything high in potassium.

jimenato Jul 22nd 2014 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by Madridboy (Post 11344178)
If you're having cramps it could be a sign of a potassium deficiency, try consuming more bananas, avocados, salmon, etc. or anything high in potassium.

Yes - Boi K (and Bio K incidentally) are potassium supplements which you shouldn't need if your diet is satisfactory. However I suffer from muscle cramps in sweaty weather and I would consider them - and extra salt which I do anyway.

jjh Jul 22nd 2014 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by rafikiphoto (Post 11344129)
Do you purchase it in Spain?

My OH suffers from leg-cramps and finds that Diaoralyte helps.

Yes, from the Farmacia.

dorishaslop Jul 22nd 2014 2:14 pm

Yes I get them from the Farmacia... it is in fact a potassium and vitamin C supplement.. they are very cheap.

This is day two now and I have definitely noticed a difference... no cramps and no headache... and I'm sure I have more energy xx

rafikiphoto Jul 23rd 2014 8:11 am

I just bought some from our local farmacia. It'll be interesting to see how it performs. Dioralyte has worked for her but not always.