Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Bogus Guardia Patrols - Please Beware !

Bogus Guardia Patrols - Please Beware !

Old Feb 6th 2009, 8:38 pm
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of
Default Bogus Guardia Patrols - Please Beware !

Please beware and be vigilant... This is doing the rounds - it may have been mentioned before:

http://www.vecinoscooperandoaltea.es...K%20POINTS.htm
Old Feb 6th 2009, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Bogus Guardia Patrols - Please Beware !

I am not, for one moment, questioning the validity of this information but have these incidents been the subject of any news reports in the mainstream press in the area?

If they are wearing tricon hats this is the first give-away because these have not been worn by the Guardia Civil during the course of day to day duties for several years having been relegated to ceremonial occasions only.
Old Feb 7th 2009, 5:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of

This is quite scary for women driving alone out there, be honest if I was stopped
I would really not know the difference hat or no hat. I remember this happening not so long back I believe around Algorfa area and they arrested 3 North African males.
I thought this scam had been nipped in the bud, and offenders banged up..
Old Feb 7th 2009, 6:35 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DENISE WALTERS
This is quite scary for women driving alone out there, be honest if I was stopped
I would really not know the difference hat or no hat. I remember this happening not so long back I believe around Algorfa area and they arrested 3 North African males.
You just don`t stop, drive to the nearst petrol station and stop outside the cashiers, if they are real police they will follow you.

Last edited by jdr; Feb 7th 2009 at 6:49 pm.
Old Feb 7th 2009, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

Unmutual is just really niceUnmutual is just really niceUnmutual is just really niceUnmutual is just really niceUnmutual is just really niceUnmutual is just really niceUnmutual is just really niceUnmutual is just really niceUnmutual is just really niceUnmutual is just really niceUnmutual is just really nice

The important bit in this for me is this:

"SEND THIS MESSAGE TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS FOR THE BENEFIT OF ALL OF US".

Sounds just like one of those email hoaxes you get from time to time....and it looks like that site has just copied and pasted it word for word.

Personally I wouldn't give it any credibilty whatsoever unless it came from a verifiable source.
Old Feb 7th 2009, 6:50 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

If I was driving alone I wouldn't stop for anyone..I would be too scared with the state of the world today
Old Feb 7th 2009, 6:51 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Unmutual
The important bit in this for me is this:

"SEND THIS MESSAGE TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS FOR THE BENEFIT OF ALL OF US".

Sounds just like one of those email hoaxes you get from time to time....and it looks like that site has just copied and pasted it word for word.

Personally I wouldn't give it any credibilty whatsoever unless it came from a verifiable source.
I think it is the same story as was in the other thread about it a while ago.
Old Feb 7th 2009, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of

yes , I hope they are the ones that are locked up and not another lot starting up
Old Feb 7th 2009, 11:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

pete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond repute

This is quite scary for women driving alone out there
To be blunt, gender is irrelevant. I doubt that it's any less scary for men, either. The bit in the report that made me sit up was
> ... but non-standard pistols....
Now, call me chicken, but I wouldn't care if their pistols were standard or not - the mere fact that they are armed is enough to ensure I wouldn't be daft enough to accuse them of being bogus cops.

As it is, my b/s detector twitched when I read the article, so I don't think I'll be taking any special precautions - not that there are any you *could* take anyway.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pete_l
To be blunt, gender is irrelevant. I doubt that it's any less scary for men, either. The bit in the report that made me sit up was
> ... but non-standard pistols....
Now, call me chicken, but I wouldn't care if their pistols were standard or not - the mere fact that they are armed is enough to ensure I wouldn't be daft enough to accuse them of being bogus cops.

As it is, my b/s detector twitched when I read the article, so I don't think I'll be taking any special precautions - not that there are any you *could* take anyway.
Yes apoligise Pete very sexist remark from me. Yes your right its not only us gals are in danger but it is a natural thing to do to pull over, if you think the police have flagged you down. Does frighten me to death be honest
Old Feb 14th 2009, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes apoligise Pete very sexist remark from me. Yes your right its not only us gals are in danger but it is a natural thing to do to pull over, if you think the police have flagged you down. Does frighten me to death be honest
Well been in papers this is a hoax can anyone confirm this . I hope it is as I will feel much happier driving next week.
Old Feb 14th 2009, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

There is a discussion on this subject on a police forum:

http://www.foropolicia.es/foros/viewtopic.php?t=23859
Old Feb 14th 2009, 7:02 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
There is a discussion on this subject on a police forum:

http://www.foropolicia.es/foros/viewtopic.php?t=23859
Fascinating stuff. It seems that a gang (of Iraqi and Pakistani origin) were arrested near Toledo (edit going back to 2007) - they operated around the outskirts of Madrid and targeted "guiris" ie Brits, Americans and northern Europeans.

That forum is a real find Beachcomber!