Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Bodega in Hondon de Las Nieves, Costa Blanca

Bodega in Hondon de Las Nieves, Costa Blanca

Old Dec 10th 2007, 11:49 am
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of
Default Bodega in Hondon de Las Nieves, Costa Blanca

For those that are or are going to be living in the Hondon Valley areas please be aware that the brand spanking new Bodega Cerda (wine merchant) has just opened in Nieves village. You can't miss it, looks like a church - opposite the police station on the main road.

An amazing building of quality and well worth a nose 'round. Of course try and buy some wine while you are there to keep the owner happy (it's sooo cheap).

We had a good look 'round at the weekend and it's just fantastically designed. We have watched it being built for over a year now - a real stone mason, carpenters, craftsmen have been used to build this Wine Museum / Retail unit. The woodwork is pretty special as well. It's full of interesting artefacts, grape related pictures and a seminar room upstairs. Check out the curtains even.

They make the wine there to. You can try reds, whites, dessert wines, etc Brilliant. And the owner is VERY PROUD. .. must have cost a fortune to build. The best building in the village.

I think they are expecting coach tours / school trips / Wine Tasting Sessions as the presentation room has Audio/Visual equipment with 'snack' facilities. With such a small population in Nieves it wouldn't take long for everyone to have seen the place so I assume they will market it else-where plus all the wines are now branded and have presentational cases.

BTW I do not work for them or have any affiliation with Bodega Cerda I was just blown away that such a small village could have such a showcase of craftsmanship like this.... go see it soon.
Old Dec 10th 2007, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bodega in Hondon de Las Nieves, Costa Blanca

Originally Posted by GrapeEater
For those that are or are going to be living in the Hondon Valley areas please be aware that the brand spanking new Bodega Cerda (wine merchant) has just opened in Nieves village. You can't miss it, looks like a church - opposite the police station on the main road.
I have to admit that in the many times we visited the area earlier in the year, we actually thought it *was* a church! ("Coo, they must take their religion very seriously here... look at the effort going into that Church...").

I sounds like a great place to go when the family are here over Christmas!
Old Jan 16th 2008, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

Diddy Di will become famous soon enough

An amazing building of quality and well worth a nose 'round. Of course try and buy some wine while you are there to keep the owner happy (it's sooo cheap).

We had a good look 'round at the weekend and it's just fantastically designed. We have watched it being built for over a year now - a real stone mason, carpenters, craftsmen have been used to build this Wine Museum / Retail unit. The woodwork is pretty special as well. It's full of interesting artefacts, grape related pictures and a seminar room upstairs. Check out the curtains even.

They make the wine there to. You can try reds, whites, dessert wines, etc Brilliant. And the owner is VERY PROUD. .. must have cost a fortune to build. The best building in the village.

I think they are expecting coach tours / school trips / Wine Tasting Sessions as the presentation room has Audio/Visual equipment with 'snack' facilities. With such a small population in Nieves it wouldn't take long for everyone to have seen the place so I assume they will market it else-where plus all the wines are now branded and have presentational cases.

BTW I do not work for them or have any affiliation with Bodega Cerda I was just blown away that such a small village could have such a showcase of craftsmanship like this.... go see it soon.
Thanks for that will try it when we move out.
Old Jan 17th 2008, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

bchapl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
We saw the new Bodega when we were over last week and Grapeater's absolutely right - it really is a stunning building, although we didn't go inside - will do next time!
I'm assuming you can buy wine by the barrel - does anyone know what sort of prices they charge? Also, has anyone been to the other Bodega near the petrol station in Hondon - are the prices comparable?
best,
bchapl
Old Jan 17th 2008, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bchapl
Hi all,
We saw the new Bodega when we were over last week and Grapeater's absolutely right - it really is a stunning building, although we didn't go inside - will do next time!
I'm assuming you can buy wine by the barrel - does anyone know what sort of prices they charge? Also, has anyone been to the other Bodega near the petrol station in Hondon - are the prices comparable?
best,
bchapl
Normally it's about a euro per litre. The one opposite the petrol station is meant to be okay as well. There are others, but they're not all rumoured to be as good...
Old Jan 17th 2008, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, Tywntub, for the advice - it'll be our first stop when we next visit!
bchapl
Old Jan 17th 2008, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, Tywntub, for the advice - it'll be our first stop when we next visit!
bchapl
For thant sort of money it would be rude not to try them all dont you think, TAXI !!!
Old Jan 18th 2008, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

Now that's just the sort of behaviour one would expect from a Southend gal!
bchapl
Old Jan 18th 2008, 10:31 am
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of

Hi all,
best,
bchapl
Yep love it. The owner speaks little English but it's a family business and his daughter works in there in the week. She speaks reasonable English. We got a tour upstairs and down when we asked, we saw the VATs and barrels, the tasting room and the old equipment. The place is peppered with artifacts and pictures from a bygone era. Even his office is pretty neat.

As for prices, yes the barrel wine is about €1 a litre but they have upped the anti with branding, presentation cases and 'hampers' for the tourists he hopes to attract. Some of the Cavas and white wines (bottled and labelled) are more expensive.

But always asked to taste first they don't mind.
Old Jan 18th 2008, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

Now that's just the sort of behaviour one would expect from a Southend gal!
bchapl
Yep i know, i like wine but it goes to my head....quickly.
I think we should wait for Kitty Kitty & Linda to come along & then we should be able to find our way home and all get into trouble with our other halves
How do you fancy it ladies???
Old Jan 18th 2008, 4:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

linda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud of

Sounds good to me Di, can get together when i come over then we will have to do it allover again when kitty comes over!!!
Old Jan 18th 2008, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

I'm up for a night on the town, ladies! Shame we'll have to do it a few times! Still, practice makes perfect, so they say!
bchapl
Old Jan 18th 2008, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

I'm up for a night on the town, ladies! Shame we'll have to do it a few times! Still, practice makes perfect, so they say!
bchapl
Well we could do it each time you come out!!!!
Old Jan 21st 2008, 5:25 pm
Yorkshire and Hondon

GILBEY is an unknown quantity at this point

I am coming over at the weekend for a girly weekend and staying with friends who live somewhere near Torrie. It sounds like a good place to visit after visiting our soon to be villa on Oasis. Doesn't sound like I should drive though!

Still, I am back again the week after with the family so can have another visit then as well - is there a childrens park nearby by any chance!?
Old Jan 21st 2008, 5:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GILBEY
I am coming over at the weekend for a girly weekend and staying with friends who live somewhere near Torrie. It sounds like a good place to visit after visiting our soon to be villa on Oasis. Doesn't sound like I should drive though!

Still, I am back again the week after with the family so can have another visit then as well - is there a childrens park nearby by any chance!?
Most of the children congregate at the square - a short walk away - there is a park opposite the ayuntamiento but otherwise the square is a great and safe place for the children to run around. Plus there is a small market on Saturday mornings.

Oh, and it barely reached about 22 degrees in Hondón today - so make sure you wrap up nice and warm before you venture out here

What's the latest on your Villa by the way? Weren't you supposed to be completing soon?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.