Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Boat parking near Javea

Boat parking near Javea

Old Jul 20th 2008, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

chris600uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Boat parking near Javea

Has anyone out there any experience of using local boat parks - I'm planning to buy a trailable boat later this year (around 5.5 metres), but before I do I'm going to need somewhere to park it until I can get a mooring in our town.

Any ideas or info on costs and stuff would be very very much appreciated.

Chris.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Boat parking near Javea

yes I day launch our boat from Denia, but Javea slip is good & free.

Boat parking is difficult - best find a private driveway & do your own thing. That way you have 24/7 access, tap etc. Commercial boat parks are expensive & restricted access.

If you want a 5m RIB pm me as I am selling ours - upgrading already. Look at Boats & Outboards RIBs cos I just published the ad.

Good luck, be careful accessing Javea canal as it is shallow & a tight turn on entry!

Cheers & happy boating
Old Jul 21st 2008, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

I did try to get the Mrs interested in a Rib, without much success.

I've only just found the Javea slipway, and it does look tight.

Parking's a real problem by us, unless I can use the public carpark our place overlooks I'll have to rent a garage or something.
I'll avoid commercial boat parking.

Thanks,
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

jimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nice

Originally Posted by poolboy
yes I day launch our boat from Denia, but Javea slip is good & free.

Boat parking is difficult - best find a private driveway & do your own thing. That way you have 24/7 access, tap etc. Commercial boat parks are expensive & restricted access.

If you want a 5m RIB pm me as I am selling ours - upgrading already. Look at Boats & Outboards RIBs cos I just published the ad.

Good luck, be careful accessing Javea canal as it is shallow & a tight turn on entry!

Cheers & happy boating
Hi poolboy,
Can I ask you if you live in Spain for more than 6 months in a year, do you use your UK RYA qualifications?
I ask because as I've been told that Spain does not recognize them.
Cheers
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

I've heard that too, read it somewhere
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold

yes RYA L2 powerboat is fine, never been asked & see marina police all the time.

We are SSR reg & carry all correct documents.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

What are "all the correct documents"?

Sorry to sound stupid, but back in the UK, apart from Insurance, the usual safety gear and forward planning, we only ever worried that the radio and mobile was charged up and watertight. AND THE DRAIN BUNG TIGHTLY SCREWED IN!

Last edited by chris600uk; Jul 23rd 2008 at 8:07 am. Reason: most important item missed
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

I could quite easily write a book on boating legally in Spain. It´s been a nightmare trying to do it properly so most people don´t bother & just throw it in the water & enjoy themselves.

Basically everything needs a piece of Spanish paper - trailor, boat, individual licence, SSR.....that´s even before you get a mooring!

Enjoy