Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Bo@&*$ks to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bo@&*$ks to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Mar 24th 2007, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

Kyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really nice
Default Re: Bo@&*$ks to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by jdr
If you have a problem with anyones posts, just go into my profile, at the bottom LHS is "Buddy / Ignore Lists"
Put there name in the ignore list and click save list. their posts will not show on your page then.

If you find a post offensive click on the exclamation mark next to the Karma button and an email will be sent to Admin and the moderators and they will check it out for you.
Don`t take anything to heart though, some people have different senses of humour.
Many thanks jdr. I'm all for different senses of humour - but some people "cross the line". I feel sorry for some of the members who have been the recipients of offensive comments and downright nastiness. It's so unnecessary: life is too short.
Old Mar 24th 2007, 1:50 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kyla-01
Many thanks jdr. I'm all for different senses of humour - but some people "cross the line". I feel sorry for some of the members who have been the recipients of offensive comments and downright nastiness. It's so unnecessary: life is too short.
Hi Kyla

Remember how to treat a naughty child - ignore them and they get bored
Old Mar 24th 2007, 4:03 pm

glad 2 b back is an unknown quantity at this point

Douglas jack reminds me so much of a man I had the misfortune to meet on another forum but it can’t be him as he was very pedantic when it came to grammar. He lived in Spain for well over 13 years and boy was he bitter. Always bragging about his life living in paradise although it couldn’t have been that great otherwise he wouldn’t have been so nasty and bitter.

Miss naughty I posted a message in the other thread to but not sure if you read it, I’ll search for it in a minute. I really hope everything works out well for you and wish you all the best. Moving is difficult enough as it is, but moving countries with kids in tow is just a nightmare.

Sparkles I can identify with you so much except the difference is I don’t love Spain infact I don’t even like Spain but that’s my opinion. I moved to Spain when I was 24 with my five-year-old daughter it was completely on a whim. I hadn’t planned it just happened due to circumstances and I ended up there. At first I thought it was fantastic everything was sunny and bright, I loved the beaches (still do) the sunshine, the lifestyle. I always thought very highly of the Spanish culture, thought that everything they did was right, our ways were wrong. Was brainwashed in a way to thinking that their food, kids, language everything was better than ours. Listened to the Brit bashing for too long. After living in for six Spain and witnessing all that I did for so long, such as the con artists, the people I met who had lost everything they ever worked for, the racism, the animal cruelty (including my own dogs who were cruely taken from us)I soon learnt that the Spanish lifestyle wasn’t better than ours, just different. Like you my daughters school life was a misery she got beaten on a daily basis, subjected to racist verbal abuse everyday “go back to your own country” “white girl” even the teacher used to call her a foreigner, the things is she didn’t understand why as Spain was all she knew as she was so young when she moved there. I moved to England in August after a very long time considering it and a lot of stress. All the news footage used to freak me out (I hadn’t lived in England for 13 years) we took the risk and moved to a completely new area, I used to have nightmares about what we were doing and were we doing the right thing. Now we just feel sick and guilty for leaving it so long. I hate the fact that my daughter didn’t go to primary school here but at least she is going to secondary school. She’s gone from being the loner of the playground the “foreigner” to having loads of mates; she’s going to be in a production of Oliver staring alongside Shaun Williamson next week (something that would never have happened in Spain) and is finally enjoying her childhood. I have a job (not my dream job) but I work and I can provide for our family, my OH has a job, life’s tough and we’re tired at the end of the day but we know that our quality of life is 100% better than it was a year ago.
I now know that I wasted too much time in Spain but I can’t turn back time. Now we have to look towards the future and hopefully we’ll be able to sell our property in Spain but I cant see it being an easy job.
Good luck to you both and I’m sure everything will work out great in the end.

As I was writing this my daughter found her old diary and brought it to me:

An extract : dear diary I hate it here, jose beat me up today I had a fight with rafa, kassandra and jose threw stones at me I hate it my teacher wont do anything adios xxx

Anyway for those of you who are moving to spain good luck xx and those of you who love it well done! xx

I want to post some pictures but dont know how?
Old Mar 24th 2007, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glad 2 b back
Douglas jack reminds me so much of a man I had the misfortune to meet on another forum but it can’t be him as he was very pedantic when it came to grammar. He lived in Spain for well over 13 years and boy was he bitter. Always bragging about his life living in paradise although it couldn’t have been that great otherwise he wouldn’t have been so nasty and bitter.

Miss naughty I posted a message in the other thread to but not sure if you read it, I’ll search for it in a minute. I really hope everything works out well for you and wish you all the best. Moving is difficult enough as it is, but moving countries with kids in tow is just a nightmare.

Sparkles I can identify with you so much except the difference is I don’t love Spain infact I don’t even like Spain but that’s my opinion. I moved to Spain when I was 24 with my five-year-old daughter it was completely on a whim. I hadn’t planned it just happened due to circumstances and I ended up there. At first I thought it was fantastic everything was sunny and bright, I loved the beaches (still do) the sunshine, the lifestyle. I always thought very highly of the Spanish culture, thought that everything they did was right, our ways were wrong. Was brainwashed in a way to thinking that their food, kids, language everything was better than ours. Listened to the Brit bashing for too long. After living in for six Spain and witnessing all that I did for so long, such as the con artists, the people I met who had lost everything they ever worked for, the racism, the animal cruelty (including my own dogs who were cruely taken from us)I soon learnt that the Spanish lifestyle wasn’t better than ours, just different. Like you my daughters school life was a misery she got beaten on a daily basis, subjected to racist verbal abuse everyday “go back to your own country” “white girl” even the teacher used to call her a foreigner, the things is she didn’t understand why as Spain was all she knew as she was so young when she moved there. I moved to England in August after a very long time considering it and a lot of stress. All the news footage used to freak me out (I hadn’t lived in England for 13 years) we took the risk and moved to a completely new area, I used to have nightmares about what we were doing and were we doing the right thing. Now we just feel sick and guilty for leaving it so long. I hate the fact that my daughter didn’t go to primary school here but at least she is going to secondary school. She’s gone from being the loner of the playground the “foreigner” to having loads of mates; she’s going to be in a production of Oliver staring alongside Shaun Williamson next week (something that would never have happened in Spain) and is finally enjoying her childhood. I have a job (not my dream job) but I work and I can provide for our family, my OH has a job, life’s tough and we’re tired at the end of the day but we know that our quality of life is 100% better than it was a year ago.
I now know that I wasted too much time in Spain but I can’t turn back time. Now we have to look towards the future and hopefully we’ll be able to sell our property in Spain but I cant see it being an easy job.

An extract : dear diary I hate it here, jose beat me up today I had a fight with rafa, kassandra and jose threw stones at me I hate it my teacher wont do anything adios xxx

Anyway for those of you who are moving to spain good luck xx and those of you who love it well done! xx

Hi,
I am glad you are much happier xxxxx
Old Mar 24th 2007, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by Miss Naughty
Hi,
I am glad you are much happier xxxxx
and so will you, this was the post.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...2&postcount=73
Old Mar 24th 2007, 4:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

and so will you, this was the post.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...2&postcount=73
Hi,
I did not read much on there but very wise words Thank you
Old Mar 24th 2007, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

kaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to all

Thank You all for your replies.It makes me feel so much better, glad 2 back I wish that you had a better time there. I have no kids to bring so thats one thing less to think about.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Mrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of light

Oh my....I've been off line for a while ...gotta alot of catching up to do!

Kaylee.....bless you...there is so much support on here.

Like the other posts say just ignore the minority of people that upset/offend. Ask any questions hun...use the private messages to keep your questions off the general forum.

This forum has really helped me, before and after moving to Spain....best of luck in the future hun

Glad to B Back...how's your daughter getting on in the Oliver production?? When is it happening? I bet she is so excited. So glad your life has turned around.

Righto got loads of "Reply to Posts" to look thru !
Old Mar 25th 2007, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by Mrs eddie
Glad to B Back...how's your daughter getting on in the Oliver production?? When is it happening? I bet she is so excited. So glad your life has turned around.

Righto got loads of "Reply to Posts" to look thru !

Hi she's getting on great she's quite nervous and the first performance is next sunday, its running for a week and she has a small part but its a great confidence boost for her and also something to do. She wasnt too impressed at first with the choice of fagin but after his fame academy stunt she's really excited I think she's meeting him today. There's also someone from neighbours in it "stingray" I don't know who he is as I havent watched it since the Kylie and Jason days but seemingly he's "well fit"

Hows everything with you? take care xx
Old Mar 25th 2007, 3:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crispygirl
Hello Kaylee

Just think of us as being one big happy family, all families have there ups and downs but we pick our selves up and dust our selves down and we start all over again.

Where are you thinking of re locating to, I live in Chiclana which can be found in the Costa de la Luz area, I have been here permanently for 18 months now and I have some really bad times were I miss the kids and grandkids, I have even been known to miss work and my works pals but on these days I go down to the beach and sit with a sherry and watch the world go by and then I know that this is the life for me. I usually see most of the family a couple of times a year and I love writing letter to the grandkids telling them all about what Grandad and I have been doing. The first thing they ask me when I talk to them is "have you been in the pool, how hot is it there". I won't say the longer I am here the easier it is because at the moment it's not but life is good and everyone has quality time together when they are here.

I wish you well in your search, keep us informed and ask away as there are plenty of people here that will help you.

regards
crispy
I so agree with you Crispy. I do miss all the "chat and goss" from work and the fact that you are actually having to get into work mode and I so agree about going down to the beach to lift the mood. It´s the light of our area, isn´t it but not sure about taking a bottle of sherry with you!
Old Mar 25th 2007, 4:28 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
I so agree with you Crispy. I do miss all the "chat and goss" from work and the fact that you are actually having to get into work mode and I so agree about going down to the beach to lift the mood. It´s the light of our area, isn´t it but not sure about taking a bottle of sherry with you!
Now, now, she didn't say 'a bottle of sherry' naughty Chiclangirl you. Is that just wishful thinking on your part?

JJ
Old Mar 25th 2007, 4:41 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir

Hey hang on there Chiclanagirl you'll get me a bad name, I don't take a bottle of sherry with me; I'm a lady remember, I sit in one of the beach bars with my ONE glass of sherry and my ONE cup of coffee I do however have to put my hand up and say I have been known to have a second coffee.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 7:01 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crispygirl
Hey hang on there Chiclanagirl you'll get me a bad name, I don't take a bottle of sherry with me; I'm a lady remember, I sit in one of the beach bars with my ONE glass of sherry and my ONE cup of coffee I do however have to put my hand up and say I have been known to have a second coffee.
Not if I was with you - we would be on the beach sharing a bottle and having a good laugh
And before anyone gets the wrong idea - I am a lady but I do like a laugh
Old Mar 25th 2007, 7:35 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Lionda
Not if I was with you - we would be on the beach sharing a bottle and having a good laugh
And before anyone gets the wrong idea - I am a lady but I do like a laugh

Lionda, keep this to yourself but me and the kids have been to the beach with a carrier bag full of beer and crisps and watch the sun go down and OH and I have had the odd glass (or two) of vino with a picnic lunch, but the least said about that. Oh dear, just remembered how much I had to drink down there last year when my sister, brother and his wife came out. It was early to bed that day for me, when I got up about 9pm they had all gone out again and left me in my drunken state. I have since learnt I can't keep up with them, I don't even try
Old Mar 25th 2007, 8:24 pm
Banned

Douglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really nice

It was my misfortune,get it right.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.