Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Bloody fireworks

Bloody fireworks

Old Dec 28th 2015, 12:22 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bloody fireworks

Originally Posted by Tadd1966
I think you have been misinformed and contrary to the civil code in Spain
Maybe you should try it yourself outside you local Ayuntamiento and see what happens
I don't think that's very wise.

However I do see guys stopping for a pee in the middle of country lanes and not even going to the side of the road.
I wonder if they're wary of a poisonous snake fancying a mid day nibble.
Old Dec 28th 2015, 12:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Certainly against the law in Barcelona but under a fairly recent local by-law from this link.

http://www.barcelonaconnect.com/info-barcelona-laws-customs/

Anyway not realy to do with fireworks unless one claimed they were putting out a dangerous firework!
Old Dec 28th 2015, 1:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

I think you have been misinformed and contrary to the civil code in SpainMaybe you should try it yourself outside you local Ayuntamiento and see what happens
What do you take me for ? I can only repeat what they told me back then and the fact it still happens here.
Old Dec 28th 2015, 3:18 pm
Account Closed

Tadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
What do you take me for ? I can only repeat what they told me back then and the fact it still happens here.
Sadly it happens everywhere not just in Spain but it is still very irresponsible and disrespectful of any dog owner to allow their dog to defecate in the street as much as it disrespectful for a human being to defecate in the street.
I see no reason why dog owners cannot train their dogs to do their business in the confines of their own property THEN take them for a walk.
I assume dog owners like most people train themselves and their offspring to use the toilet in privacy and out of sight of all others why should they not do the same with their dogs?
Old Dec 28th 2015, 3:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Sadly it happens everywhere not just in Spain but it is still very irresponsible and disrespectful of any dog owner to allow their dog to defecate in the street as much as it disrespectful for a human being to defecate in the street.
I see no reason why dog owners cannot train their dogs to do their business in the confines of their own property THEN take them for a walk.
I assume dog owners like most people train themselves and their offspring to use the toilet in privacy and out of sight of all others why should they not do the same with their dogs?
I thought house training a dog was to prevent it doing it in the house? Maybe they should be potty trained or better still wear nappies or pampers? They are domestic animals not human. No doubt the odd one has been trained to use a toilet but I doubt many flush as well.
Old Dec 28th 2015, 3:41 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

The Spanish never teach their dogs to flush.
Old Dec 28th 2015, 3:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by amideislas
The Spanish never teach their dogs to flush.
That is due to water conservation.
Old Dec 28th 2015, 5:43 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I am aware you can teach a dog that it needs to go outside to relieve itself but not to teach it when it is allowed to "go". And how are you supposed to ask Fido if he is going to need to go in ten minutes because you are about to take him on a half-hour walk?

I have certainly never heard of an owner teaching a dog not to "go" in the street, and I think you are living in cloud cookoo land if you think dog owners are likely to waste any time in training their dogs to avoid offending your sensibilities.

Personally I would be delighted if dog owners in the countries I live/have lived in/have visited could clean up the solid waste their dogs leave behind.
Old Dec 28th 2015, 7:15 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
That is due to water conservation.
I can understand that. We save almost €1 per month by only flushing once per week. And that's nearly €12 per year. Gets a bit stinky though. Add dog doo, and you don't have to be an economist to reckon how costly that can be. Goddam dogs... And foreigner fireworks...
Old Dec 28th 2015, 8:18 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

I can understand that. We save almost €1 per month by only flushing once per week. And that's nearly €12 per year. Gets a bit stinky though. Add dog doo, and you don't have to be an economist to reckon how costly that can be. Goddam dogs... And foreigner fireworks...

Eh, am I understanding you correctly, you only flush your toilet once a week,?

......and that's for a saving of only £12 per year ?

You are joking I presume ?
Old Dec 28th 2015, 8:29 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly

Eh, am I understanding you correctly, you only flush your toilet once a week,?

......and that's for a saving of only £12 per year ?

You are joking I presume ?
Well, that's the European way. Gotta watch those Euros, live like a refugee (otherwise, unfair to actual refugees)... Whadya think, dicko?

Last edited by amideislas; Dec 28th 2015 at 8:38 pm.
Old Dec 28th 2015, 8:46 pm
On the road again.

Well, that's the European way. Gotta watch those Euros, live like a refugee (otherwise, unfair to actual refugees)... Whadya think, dicko?
I'm absolutely Gobsmacked.

Whilst I'm a big believer in waste not want not,
I'd be very surprised if refugees found such a practice acceptable for any length of time.
Old Dec 28th 2015, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

52 weeks in one year_ 52x1= 52
Old Dec 28th 2015, 8:49 pm
Banned

You're too gullible.
Old Dec 28th 2015, 8:51 pm
On the road again.

Originally Posted by Pica
52 weeks in one year_ 52x1= 52

Now I'm even more confused.
What are you trying to say Pica ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.