Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Bloody fireworks

Bloody fireworks

Old Dec 25th 2015, 11:03 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bloody fireworks

Originally Posted by big wheels
You never know.
The poor sods generally have an unpleasant life while they're still around.
Most of the so called Spanish hunters regard their guns and dogs as little more than a penis extension to boost their egos more than anything else depending mainly on how many they can keep.

Then when they're no longer up to the job or too expensive to keep on to the next season, they are often just slung out on the roads to starve, hung with piano wire from a tree or else given a shot of lead between the ears.

Unfortunately "A dog isn't just for Christmas, it's for life", doesn't always apply down here, though to be fair there are some caring responsible owners.
Old Dec 26th 2015, 6:36 pm
Account Closed

Tadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
The poor sods generally have an unpleasant life while they're still around.Most of the so called Spanish hunters regard their guns and dogs as little more than a penis extension to boost their egos more than anything else depending mainly on how many they can keep. Then when they're no longer up to the job or too expensive to keep on to the next season, they are often just slung out on the roads to starve, hung with piano wire from a tree or else given a shot of lead between the ears. Unfortunately "A dog isn't just for Christmas, it's for life", doesn't always apply down here, though to be fair there are some caring responsible owners.
Yes DD there are some responsible dog owners but many are not (of all nationalities) especially when it comes to them pooping on the street even if the owner picks it up!Why should others have to suffer and have to watch this why can't they train their dogs to poop etc. in their own gardens (patios etc.) and THEN take them for a walk
Old Dec 26th 2015, 6:46 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tadd1966
Yes DD there are some responsible dog owners but many are not (of all nationalities) especially when it comes to them pooping on the street even if the owner picks it up! ....
Huh? You are complaining about dog owners that clean up after their dogs defecate in a park or public path?

You should stay in your antiseptic bubble, away from the intolerable filth of the real world.

Last edited by Pulaski; Dec 26th 2015 at 6:48 pm.
Old Dec 27th 2015, 1:23 pm
Account Closed

Tadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Huh? You are complaining about dog owners that clean up after their dogs defecate in a park or public path? You should stay in your antiseptic bubble, away from the intolerable filth of the real world.
Damn right I am complaining about dogs defecating in the street or park etc. why cant they do it at the homes of the owners.
Why should the rest of us have to put up with this act in public places - it isl THE responsibility of the dog OWNER and is should not be accepted as the norm or the right of dog owners
Based on your logic of the intolerable filth of the real world maybe humans should go back to defecating in the streets (or outside dog owners houses or parks or beaches etc.) then of course they have to clean it up but people can still watch along with the dogs
Old Dec 27th 2015, 6:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary
It is part and parcel of the experience of living in their country, love it or leave it.

Rosemary
Summed it up very well Rosemary . One thing I have noticed at fiestas re the large sky rocket type bangers apart from them being very loud is that wherever there is something about to start at various locations in the village the organisers fire off a few rockets to announce it about 5 or so minutes before the event. No doubt goes back to the rural life of letting people know where to go to view the event.
Old Dec 27th 2015, 6:48 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Damn right I am complaining about dogs defecating in the street or park etc. why cant they do it at the homes of the owners.
Why should the rest of us have to put up with this act in public places - it isl THE responsibility of the dog OWNER and is should not be accepted as the norm or the right of dog owners
Based on your logic of the intolerable filth of the real world maybe humans should go back to defecating in the streets ....
If you can't tell the difference between animal behaviour and human behaviour then there isn't much point in continuing the discussion.
Old Dec 27th 2015, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Damn right I am complaining about dogs defecating in the street or park etc. why cant they do it at the homes of the owners. Why should the rest of us have to put up with this act in public places - it isl THE responsibility of the dog OWNER and is should not be accepted as the norm or the right of dog ownersBased on your logic of the intolerable filth of the real world maybe humans should go back to defecating in the streets (or outside dog owners houses or parks or beaches etc.) then of course they have to clean it up but people can still watch along with the dogs
Go back to defecating in the street ? lordy you don't know much about it then as they never stopped, there is no rule about it either. Frequently adults, especially men and children of all ages can be seen relieving themselves on the street most don't even bother going out of sight.
Old Dec 28th 2015, 5:22 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
These Spaniards ! If they are not hogging pavements they are upsetting my dog with fireworks !
Not to mention lacking the common decency to learn and speak proper English. And they all drive on the wrong side of the road.

Bloody foreigners...

Last edited by amideislas; Dec 28th 2015 at 5:30 am.
Old Dec 28th 2015, 8:25 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pulaski
If you can't tell the difference between animal behaviour and human behaviour then there isn't much point in continuing the discussion.
Yes it is very difficult to tell the difference between irresponsible dog owners and dogs NO respect for others simple
The Captains Wanch - there may be no rule for dogs but there is for humans but either way still dis-respectful of others
Old Dec 28th 2015, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

There is no rule for humans or should I say no offence for defecating in the street.
Old Dec 28th 2015, 10:44 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
There is no rule for humans or should I say no offence for defecating in the street.
Oh yes there is across the world from Australia to Singapore to Europe to North America), examples:
Spain has a civic law enforceable by the application of fines for misuses and abuses of public space; namely urinating or defecating in public
In UK`(1) A person who urinates or defecates in any public place otherwise than by using a lavatory commits an offence and is liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 3 on the standard scale. (2) An offence under this section is a penalty offence for the purposes of Chapter I of Part I of this Act. (3) In this section, ``public place'' means any place in the open to which the public or any section of the public has access as of right or by virtue of express or implied permission.'.—[Mr. Hawkins.]
In both (and many other countries) you can also be prosecuted for indecent exposure
Old Dec 28th 2015, 11:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yes there is across the world from Australia to Singapore to Europe to North America), examples:
Spain has a civic law enforceable by the application of fines for misuses and abuses of public space; namely urinating or defecating in public
In UK`(1) A person who urinates or defecates in any public place otherwise than by using a lavatory commits an offence and is liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 3 on the standard scale. (2) An offence under this section is a penalty offence for the purposes of Chapter I of Part I of this Act. (3) In this section, ``public place'' means any place in the open to which the public or any section of the public has access as of right or by virtue of express or implied permission.'.—[Mr. Hawkins.]
In both (and many other countries) you can also be prosecuted for indecent exposure
You would have to do more than just have a discreet pee to be convicted of indecent exposure and there is more than one UK law that covers this matter. Main thing is intention? What if someone has a medical condition? That is why a police officer speaks to people and ascertains the full facts. Is it ignorance? (Some imigrants from my experience need educating on what's acceptable) is it a medical issue, is it alcohol related and part of being drunk and disorderly or as you say is it an intentional indecent act? You quite often see men on the roadside in rural areas with their backs to the traffic urinating more common these days than it used to be? I was told when stationed in Germany that their law says if you turn your back to traffic it was OK (rural not built up areas) . I have seen men in Spain pull over and urinate with their back to traffic/pedestrians again not in built up areas. I just wonder how many people can say they have never found themselves caught short and had to urinate discreetly at some time in say the countryside? Exhibitionism is one thing being caught short and out of the way is another.
Old Dec 28th 2015, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

When I asked here in the local Ayuntamiento I was told there was no law against it. Children nor adults. That was over 2 yrs ago. mothers with toddlers, children of all ages and as I said adults mainly men, have gone where and when they need/want to.
Old Dec 28th 2015, 11:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

When I asked here in the local Ayuntamiento I was told there was no law against it. Children nor adults. That was over 2 yrs ago. mothers with toddlers, children of all ages and as I said adults mainly men, have gone where and when they need/want to.
I would imagine in Spain in more built up areas city's etc they no doubt have something equivalent to by-laws to cover the issue.

Last edited by bobd22; Dec 28th 2015 at 12:12 pm.
Old Dec 28th 2015, 12:00 pm
Account Closed

I think you have been misinformed and contrary to the civil code in Spain
Maybe you should try it yourself outside you local Ayuntamiento and see what happens

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.