Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Bil, I was sent this and thought of you.

Bil, I was sent this and thought of you.

Old Jan 18th 2011, 6:28 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bil, I was sent this and thought of you.

A friend sent this through mate and I straight away thought of you, enjoy mate.

Old Jan 18th 2011, 9:16 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bil, I was sent this and thought of you.

To paraphrase Fry himself. there simply isn't enough karma in the world.

Thanks Matt. I really did enjoy that. Not just for the content, but because he is a brilliant, erudite and elegant speaker.

Do you know what the real tragedy is? It is encapsulated in the very last moment when he refers to what Anne Widdicombe says.

I would urge everyone to watch this clip.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 9:41 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
To paraphrase Fry himself. there simply isn't enough karma in the world.

Thanks Matt. I really did enjoy that. Not just for the content, but because he is a brilliant, erudite and elegant speaker.

Do you know what the real tragedy is? It is encapsulated in the very last moment when he refers to what Anne Widdicombe says.

I would urge everyone to watch this clip.
I'll be honest, the best bit is the beginning, when he openly states that he has absolutely nothing against the millions of people who gain strength from religion and faith, its the institution that he has a problem with. If Catholics feel beleaguered they simply pull down the shutters, its a human defensive tactic, its their institution that needs tearing down not their faith.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 2:35 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I'll be honest, the best bit is the beginning, when he openly states that he has absolutely nothing against the millions of people who gain strength from religion and faith, its the institution that he has a problem with. If Catholics feel beleaguered they simply pull down the shutters, its a human defensive tactic, its their institution that needs tearing down not their faith.
Partly it's the ability of people to subscribe to a belief system (ok so far) but then the shutters come down, and they become unable to apply critical reasoning to their beliefs.

It did serve to remind me how much I loathe Anne Widdecombe. Her recent foray onto populist TV was, I presume to try and varnish over the disgusting, humourless, souless core she has.