Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Bike rental in Oliva or Gandia

Bike rental in Oliva or Gandia

Old Feb 29th 2012, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

Kenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bike rental in Oliva or Gandia

We're going to Oliva for Easter and wanted to hire a couple of bikes. We found some info online for a shop called "El Valenciano Bike Rental" at 1 Denia Street, Oliva. Tried emailing and phoning them but no replies. Tried contacting the Tourist Information in Oliva and they thought the shop had closed down and they didn't know of any other bike hire outfits.

I just wondered if anyone on these forums knew of a bike hire place in or near to Oliva - in Gandia maybe?
Old Feb 29th 2012, 7:55 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bike rental in Oliva or Gandia

Originally Posted by Kenwoodlad
We're going to Oliva for Easter and wanted to hire a couple of bikes. We found some info online for a shop called "El Valenciano Bike Rental" at 1 Denia Street, Oliva. Tried emailing and phoning them but no replies. Tried contacting the Tourist Information in Oliva and they thought the shop had closed down and they didn't know of any other bike hire outfits.

I just wondered if anyone on these forums knew of a bike hire place in or near to Oliva - in Gandia maybe?
Not much I know of in Oliva, but in Gandia you can hire bikes on the street. There are rows of them locked to racks, and you pick one up and drop it wherever you like at another rack elsewhere. It's the same system in Valencia iirc.

I have to be honest, I'm not sure how it works re payment, maybe someone on here can help.
Old Feb 29th 2012, 8:00 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Not much I know of in Oliva, but in Gandia you can hire bikes on the street. There are rows of them locked to racks, and you pick one up and drop it wherever you like at another rack elsewhere. It's the same system in Valencia iirc.

I have to be honest, I'm not sure how it works re payment, maybe someone on here can help.
Found it

Public access bicycles
Old Feb 29th 2012, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

Kenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mitzyboy.

Sorry, I should have said we knew about the "pick up, drop off" on-street hire in Gandia. Alas, it's only for an hour at a time (if you read all the bumph on their website), it's just meant for short trips around the centre of Gandia. If you go over your allotted time, they fine you up to €190!

We're looking for a place to rent a bike for a couple of weeks. Mind you, we saw some going cheap in Eroski last time we were there so we might just buy a couple.
Old Feb 29th 2012, 8:13 am
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by Kenwoodlad
Hi Mitzyboy.

Sorry, I should have said we knew about the "pick up, drop off" on-street hire in Gandia. Alas, it's only for an hour at a time (if you read all the bumph on their website), it's just meant for short trips around the centre of Gandia. If you go over your allotted time, they fine you up to €190!

We're looking for a place to rent a bike for a couple of weeks. Mind you, we saw some going cheap in Eroski last time we were there so we might just buy a couple.
Well, I'm a keen biker since LEJOG attempt last year ... the cycle shops in general around here can be quite expensive (there are two in Oliva), but as you say Eroski is an idea. Also try Carrefour as they have a lot in there, but if truth be told the supermarkets dont tend to set them up very well. I bought my bike from Decathlon where they have a good collection but unfortunately none in the close vicinity
Old Feb 29th 2012, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

I think you may be able to hire from Kiko Camping.
Old Feb 29th 2012, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

Can't find anything on the Kiko Camping website but will try emailing them, thanks for the suggestion.