Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

better quality of life

better quality of life

Old Jul 24th 2007, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

Sue-Blue is a jewel in the roughSue-Blue is a jewel in the roughSue-Blue is a jewel in the roughSue-Blue is a jewel in the roughSue-Blue is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: better quality of life

Originally Posted by Big Pete
You wouldnt like Mallorca to peaceful for you ,,
Dead in the winter all you would hear is me playing "Peters and Lee live (in stereo)" blasting in the garden ..

"peter's and lee" i'd be your neighbour Big Pete

Agree with you there Big Pete. Most of the places i have been to in Mallorca are peaceful. I myself dont like the touristy places, and know where to go to get away from them. And as for the Germans being there, i have found that they are slowly dwinderling out of Mallorca, doesnt seem to be as many there the last few times i have been over, and they seem to be selling their properties now.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

You wouldnt like Mallorca to peaceful for you ,,
Dead in the winter all you would hear is me playing "Peters and Lee live (in stereo)" blasting in the garden ..
but I LOOOVE Peters and Lee, "Don't Stay Away Too Long" being a particular favorite
Old Jul 24th 2007, 9:29 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue-Blue
"peter's and lee" i'd be your neighbour Big Pete

Agree with you there Big Pete. Most of the places i have been to in Mallorca are peaceful. I myself dont like the touristy places, and know where to go to get away from them. And as for the Germans being there, i have found that they are slowly dwinderling out of Mallorca, doesnt seem to be as many there the last few times i have been over, and they seem to be selling their properties now.
Yea do you know why the Germans are selling Sue ?

Someone else said the same thing ?
The place i brought is in Cala Romantica and was old german guy selling it , due to ill health i am told ..
Where you moving have you brought or renting or what ?
Old Jul 24th 2007, 9:30 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spain
but I LOOOVE Peters and Lee, "Don't Stay Away Too Long" being a particular favorite
A classic for sure
Old Jul 24th 2007, 9:32 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

The place i brought is in Cala Romantica and was old german guy selling it , due to ill health i am told ..
The Germans are selling because of the change a couple of years ago in the German Tax laws.

Until the change overseas homes and assets weren't taxable, but that has all changed and they are pulling out fast.

The good news is that the Russians and Saudis are moving in, in their place!!
Old Jul 24th 2007, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

think its all to do with their tax system and having properties abroad,being taxed heavily, isnt it ?
Old Jul 24th 2007, 9:35 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

think its all to do with their tax system and having properties abroad,being taxed heavily, isnt it ?
am I on ignore in this thread???
Old Jul 24th 2007, 9:35 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
The Germans are selling because of the change a couple of years ago in the German Tax laws.

Until the change overseas homes and assets weren't taxable, but that has all changed and they are pulling out fast.

Tax law change i see .. thanks for that matt
Russians and Saudis are moving in
Old Jul 24th 2007, 9:36 pm
Just Joined

Sue-Blue is a jewel in the roughSue-Blue is a jewel in the roughSue-Blue is a jewel in the roughSue-Blue is a jewel in the roughSue-Blue is a jewel in the rough

We have brought a place Big Pete. Is Cala Romantica near Porto Cristo?
We have bought in Alcudia. I have been told that the Germans are getting out now as they brought their properties with Black money to get rid of paying Taxes, but now they have to pay taxes on their second homes and so are getting out. Thats what i heard anyway.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 9:37 pm
Banned

How can anyone ignore you Matt your to funny
Old Jul 24th 2007, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

we were obviously typing at the same time - how could we ignore you, your so cute
Old Jul 24th 2007, 9:39 pm
Straw Man.

We have bought in Alcudia. I have been told that the Germans are getting out now as they brought their properties with Black money to get rid of paying Taxes, but now they have to pay taxes on their second homes and so are getting out. Thats what i heard anyway.
OK if this carries on I'm going to bed!!
Old Jul 24th 2007, 9:39 pm
Banned

its about 20 minutes from porto Christo , sort of further south a little bay but its cute and quiet which i like

I know Alcudia very well are you lakeside or near the town bit ?
Old Jul 24th 2007, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

Russians and Saudis? not sen any of them yet
Old Jul 24th 2007, 9:42 pm
Just Joined

its about 20 minutes from porto Christo , sort of further south a little bay but its cute and quiet which i like

I know Alcudia very well are you lakeside or near the town bit ?
We are just outside Alcudia, near to the marina

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.