Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

better quality of life

better quality of life

Old Jul 24th 2007, 7:51 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: better quality of life

I'm getting the popcorn!
Old Jul 24th 2007, 7:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Pete

Whats more expensive then ? lets have a laugh seeings as you just listed ;
fags £ 4 per pack cheaper
booze half price
road tax and fuels cheaper
Council taxes £ 1600 a year cheaper !!! approx £ 30 a week cheaper ..
eating out and food cheaper

So what is dearer ?

£ 30 a week better off in Council tax
£ 35 a week better off if you smoke only 30 a day
£ 20 a week better off if you only have a few pints ,few days a week
£ 6 a week in car tax better off
£ 18 a week better off in Road Fuels using car daily small journeys
£ 25 a week cheaper on average shop

£ 129 a week !!!! better off the moment i land in Mallorca hmmm a tough decision sun sea boat villa and cheap living hmmmmmm heck what a tough one
But Damn whats dearer by £ 129 a week so please tell ...
I think your missing the point Petey

I have said there are things that are cheaper but there are also some that a dearer

telephone/adsl costs
electricity - which costs more because of the extreme hot/cold weather

plus you have additional costs which you dont have in UK such as

school books
dental costs got kids - son already ha a brace whcih was 6whichow today he needs a new one which is going to be 2000€
opticians costs fit kids - sons glasses 200€ a time

but anyway my point is that LOWER earnings reflect the fact that generally cost of living is cheaper

friends of mine went back to UK recently as they couldnt manage to live here on approx 12000€ income - now surly that tells you something Pete - and how much do you think tha annual wage is for an expat here ????

so when are you moving over ? be great to hear your experiences when you have been there and while and settled in
Old Jul 24th 2007, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Why did you move to Spain And more to the point why are you still there
we moved to Spain with my parents to start a new life and live mortgage free, but they, after just 6 months couldnt hack it so went back to UK - v long story but it didnt work out us all living together and our relationship is in tatters even after 4 years

we stayed for a few reasons, we are not quitters and we wanted to stick it out even after a rough first 12 months, moving over then having to sell up and move again

we had lots of lows during that time and overcome major hurdles but now we are doing ok and our son is very happy - we often think about moving back to UK but I think that might be a hasty decision just because we are having a rough time, missing our friends/families, getting brain ache dealing with Spanish authorities or whatever

so Pete thats why we came and why we are still here

I am not a negative person and try to share my experiences of my life in Spain with others, hoping that it will help - some of it might not be what people want to hear but at the end of the day its my honest experiences and not bu**shit - like some others feed you

the bottom line is Spain is not for everyone and may not live up to your expectations - and as I said before it takes balls to make the move and I wish everyone that does all the luck in the world
Old Jul 24th 2007, 8:11 pm
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spain

the bottom line is Spain is not for everyone and may not live up to your expectations - and as I said before it takes balls to make the move and I wish everyone that does all the luck in the world
On the button.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 8:17 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

I think your missing the point Petey

I have said there are things that are cheaper but there are also some that a dearer

telephone/adsl costs
electricity - which costs more because of the extreme hot/cold weather

plus you have additional costs which you dont have in UK such as

school books
dental costs got kids - son already ha a brace whcih was 6whichow today he needs a new one which is going to be 2000€
opticians costs fit kids - sons glasses 200€ a time

but anyway my point is that LOWER earnings reflect the fact that generally cost of living is cheaper

friends of mine went back to UK recently as they couldnt manage to live here on approx 12000€ income - now surly that tells you something Pete - and how much do you think tha annual wage is for an expat here ????

so when are you moving over ? be great to hear your experiences when you have been there and while and settled in
Telephones much the same
Electric slightly dearer but use less as not indoors every night like UK
school books i am to old for school and no kids
dental costs i am private in Uk anyways so makes no odds
Glasses i only get a pair every so many years and cost in UK
Your friends spent to much

When i move i will make me own website linked to here dont worry you will have a week by week account

By the way 129 a week = £ 6,708 or Euros 9,860 a year , so if they cant make it in Spain why will they make it in UK ? unless they sponge of the state ?
Old Jul 24th 2007, 8:23 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

we moved to Spain with my parents to start a new life and live mortgage free, but they, after just 6 months couldnt hack it so went back to UK - v long story but it didnt work out us all living together and our relationship is in tatters even after 4 years

we stayed for a few reasons, we are not quitters and we wanted to stick it out even after a rough first 12 months, moving over then having to sell up and move again

we had lots of lows during that time and overcome major hurdles but now we are doing ok and our son is very happy - we often think about moving back to UK but I think that might be a hasty decision just because we are having a rough time, missing our friends/families, getting brain ache dealing with Spanish authorities or whatever

so Pete thats why we came and why we are still here

I am not a negative person and try to share my experiences of my life in Spain with others, hoping that it will help - some of it might not be what people want to hear but at the end of the day its my honest experiences and not bu**shit - like some others feed you

Yes but you are worrying people for no reason , and if its that bad just come back to the UK

Just because you have had a few problems there should not alter the facts that its cheap to live and better than the UK in more ways than just the weather ..
Old Jul 24th 2007, 8:25 pm
Banned

Matt

Look at the mess you made with that popcorn you messy pup
Old Jul 24th 2007, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes but you are worrying people for no reason , and if its that bad just come back to the UK

Just because you have had a few problems there should not alter the facts that its cheap to live and better than the UK in more ways than just the weather ..
I dont see how I can be worrying people ? Im stating facts, anyway I think everything has been covered now

we all have our opinions Pete and I have said my piece

oh and been talking to OH and thinking of relocating to Mallorca, whereabouts are you Pete, would love you as my neighbour !!!

Last edited by spain; Jul 24th 2007 at 8:34 pm.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 8:32 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

You just want to get in his undies dont ya
got my own thanks
Old Jul 24th 2007, 8:33 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

I dont see how I can be worrying people ? Im stating facts, anyway I think everything has been covered now

Old Jul 24th 2007, 8:58 pm
Banned

oh and been talking to OH and thinking of relocating to Mallorca, whereabouts are you Pete, would love you as my neighbour !!!
You wouldnt like Mallorca to peaceful for you ,,
Dead in the winter all you would hear is me playing "Peters and Lee live (in stereo)" blasting in the garden ..
Old Jul 24th 2007, 9:12 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

You wouldnt like Mallorca to peaceful for you ,,
Dead in the winter all you would hear is me playing "Peters and Lee live (in stereo)" blasting in the garden ..
Ok Pete, you need to start seeing things a little clearer mate!

Mallorca? Peaceful?

Have a word!

Between Magaluf, Palma Nova, the numerous German hell holes and Palma, a very very busy vibrant and down right noisy city 10 million people visit an Island 80 times smaller than the UK!

Mallorca is a beautiful place, but it is in no way quiet, we had a boat there for 5 years and know it fairly well.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 9:14 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Ok Pete, you need to start seeing things a little clearer mate!

Mallorca? Peaceful?

Have a word!

Between Magaluf, Palma Nova, the numerous German hell holes and Palma, a very very busy vibrant and down right noisy city 10 million people visit an Island 80 times smaller than the UK!

Mallorca is a beautiful place, but it is in no way quiet, we had a boat there for 5 years and know it fairly well.
Yea but come the winter all to yourself right

I dont go to the busy bits hate the crowds Matt ,give me peace and quiet anyday
Old Jul 24th 2007, 9:16 pm
Banned

As if i gonna go to Magalluf
Old Jul 24th 2007, 9:19 pm
Straw Man.

Yea but come the winter all to yourself right

I dont go to the busy bits hate the crowds Matt ,give me peace and quiet anyday
Yep, the winter is so much quieter...............except that the winter is busier for the Sailing crowd so there are still about 2 million extra people!

At some point you will need to come in contact with the outside world and Mallorca has a very large outside world!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.