British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Best "year round" resorts or bigger towns (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/best-year-round-resorts-bigger-towns-901395/)

Thomas555 Aug 9th 2017 9:47 am

Best "year round" resorts or bigger towns

Hi my name is Thomas and cheers for taking time to read this.

I am in the position that I can spend 3 months in Spain next year, it could be late Feb or early March time. There is a small possibly that I would stay over longer but would require work but that's for another day..

I'm a guy of 33 so would like somewhere with some life but can also be very chilled.

Was wondering if anyone could recommend a place or area that would still be lively enough at that time of year going into the start of the Summer season, looking at the mainland of Spain.

Thanks again,
Thomas

bobd22 Aug 9th 2017 10:00 am

Re: Best "year round" resorts or bigger towns

You could do a lot worse than look at Malaga itself. In summer it can be stiflingly hot but fine for period you intend.It is a very varied city so covers most needs good links to airport and further afield. If you fancy a day at one of the main Brit tourist areas to the West there is an simply excellent coastal train service. Worthy of consideration.

Rosemary Aug 9th 2017 10:13 am

Originally Posted by Thomas555 (Post 12312826)
Hi my name is Thomas and cheers for taking time to read this.

I am in the position that I can spend 3 months in Spain next year, it could be late Feb or early March time. There is a small possibly that I would stay over longer but would require work but that's for another day..

I'm a guy of 33 so would like somewhere with some life but can also be very chilled.

Was wondering if anyone could recommend a place or area that would still be lively enough at that time of year going into the start of the Summer season, looking at the mainland of Spain.

Thanks again,
Thomas

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary

Bridie55 Aug 9th 2017 11:23 am

Originally Posted by bobd22 (Post 12312836)
You could do a lot worse than look at Malaga itself. In summer it can be stiflingly hot but fine for period you intend.It is a very varied city so covers most needs good links to airport and further afield. If you fancy a day at one of the main Brit tourist areas to the West there is an simply excellent coastal train service. Worthy of consideration.

Yes I agree Malaga is a lovely city especially for younger people and so easy to get to and about from.

Thomas555 Aug 9th 2017 1:12 pm

Hi,

Thanks a lot for for taking time to reply.

Malaga does sound really nice I had thought about visiting later this year actually so might just go ahead and book it.

Sorry to be a pain with more questions but do use have an opinion on if I was to stay on longer where might be best to find some kind of work? I have been learning Spanish but I doubt it will be to the level of actually getting a Spanish speaking job, I am also aware of how high the unemployment is in Spain also so chances are I would not get anything. Maybe a better option to go down to a holiday resort where there might be some as the high season would be starting?

Thanks a lot,
Thomas

cermignano Aug 10th 2017 6:45 am

Also Valencia is a lovely city with beaches as well

bobd22 Aug 10th 2017 8:51 am

Work is going to be very difficult anywhere to be honest especially without good Spanish. As I said though Malaga does have very good rail link to the main British tourism areas Torremolinos, Benalmadena, Fuengirola I have known people get bar and telesales jobs there, mind they won't be best paid.

missile Aug 10th 2017 9:25 am

and mostly seasonal.