Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Best Ways to Move Money

Best Ways to Move Money

Old Nov 8th 2007, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Best Ways to Move Money

Any recommendations for quick transfer of regular payments? I currently use one of the large money transfer companies (don´t know if I can name them) and they seem to be getting slower and slower. The money is due to come out of our bank in the UK on the 1st of the month and up to today we still haven´t received it. In these days of automatic transfers this seems ludicrous. :curse:
Old Nov 8th 2007, 11:37 am
Click my Signature

sjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to all
Default Re: Best Ways to Move Money

depends how much i suppose.
If its up to about €300 a day then put it into a nationwide account and just get your money out of a hole in the wall as cash. Then put it into your account here.

Thats by far the cheapest way of transferring regular amounts if you dont mind the trip to the cash machine and the bank.

If its larger amounts we have never had a problem with moneycorp.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sjrw
depends how much i suppose.
If its up to about €300 a day then put it into a nationwide account and just get your money out of a hole in the wall as cash. Then put it into your account here.

Thats by far the cheapest way of transferring regular amounts if you dont mind the trip to the cash machine and the bank.

If its larger amounts we have never had a problem with moneycorp.
I would love to use Nationwide but cannot open a current account with them even though I have a savings account and a credit card. I agree it would be the best but not possible. Moneycorp - how long does it take for them to transfer money over?
Old Nov 8th 2007, 3:52 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

www.sun-pay.com
Old Nov 9th 2007, 8:24 am
Just Joined

davecollins is an unknown quantity at this point

that company beginning with H and has three letter after it takes five working days (so a week basically!) but if anyone knows of one that is quicker i'd like to know also, will look into sun pay... ta.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 11:24 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

I know it may not be relevant to the original post but it is worth reminding people who have a pension paid into their UK bank account that it is usually possible to have this paid direct into a Spanish account with no commission charges.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 12:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
I know it may not be relevant to the original post but it is worth reminding people who have a pension paid into their UK bank account that it is usually possible to have this paid direct into a Spanish account with no commission charges.
and usually at a good rate of exchange especially if it is a state or government pension.