Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Best way of taking personal stuff to UK

Best way of taking personal stuff to UK

Old May 15th 2015, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Neptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Best way of taking personal stuff to UK

I would probably have done that had I had a house in the UK.
I'll probably take extra suitcases with Jet 2, they allow up to 3 x 22 kg bags
Old May 18th 2015, 6:53 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best way of taking personal stuff to UK

WHen we move back to UK, there are things such as personal files, tax health care, sentimental stuff etc which can't go on the removal lorry, and would have to go with us,
What is the best way of transporting these items?
We could take extra luggage and fly but I would worry about it getting lost
We dont want to drive back
Hi - one way to go back with several suitcases is to take the train to London - from Barcelona or Girona, although you can also catch the service from Madrid. You can take several suitcases with you - we did this last summer. The only snag is you have to change stations in Paris, but plenty of taxis...
Another suggestion which may help would be to scan documents and then use an internet service like Dropbox to store the scanned info. Then you need only take a small amount of documents with you on a flight, and use a courier for the other docs knowing that you had a back-up.
Old May 18th 2015, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Neptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best way of taking personal stuff to UK

Its a long way to Barcelona or Madrid, dragging large heavy cases, then changing trains etc. Sounds too much like hard work!
We had considered going by coach, but the 30-40 hour journey sounds arduous abd stressful, and includes a long wait in Paris
We' ve decided to go with Jet2 who allow uo to 3 22 kg suitcases each, though we'll have 3-4.
As for documents, we've so many what with the Spanish obsession with all these photo copies, and their love of bureauracy.
I'll carry the most vital in my hand luggage and remainder in the extra suitcase.