British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   best way to find someone to look after the house (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/best-way-find-someone-look-after-house-504662/)

jules63 Jan 8th 2008 6:44 pm

best way to find someone to look after the house

I just wondered if people had any tips on the best way to find someone reliable to look after a house while I am not there. Now the workman have all gone I need someone to look in on the place and give it an air. At present this is being done by the agents who oversaw the building work but it seems expensive and someone doing it locally may be better value.

cheers

lee8 Jan 8th 2008 6:49 pm

Re: best way to find someone to look after the house

Originally Posted by jules63 (Post 5759314)
I just wondered if people had any tips on the best way to find someone reliable to look after a house while I am not there. Now the workman have all gone I need someone to look in on the place and give it an air. At present this is being done by the agents who oversaw the building work but it seems expensive and someone doing it locally may be better value.

cheers

Search the many English newspapers in your area in the services section, there`s usually plenty of house,dog sitters.

Alot of the English run house managment services that include a sitting service as well as cleaning and maintenance.

Mitzyboy Jan 8th 2008 8:39 pm

cheers

Well whereabouts is the house?

TheArmChairDetective Jan 9th 2008 8:00 am

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 5759885)
Well whereabouts is the house?

Good point, we all know someone who can do it if there close enough.:D

dazzle Jan 9th 2008 8:40 am

Always try to get a personal recommendation. Ask around as much as possible and see if any names keep coming up then arrange a face to face meeting and trust your instincts.

teddy14 Jan 9th 2008 10:48 am

cheers

if you dont mind me asking, how much are the agents charging your for this service - I was thinking of setting up a similar service myself

Mitzyboy Jan 9th 2008 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by teddy14 (Post 5762953)
if you dont mind me asking, how much are the agents charging your for this service - I was thinking of setting up a similar service myself

I charge €8 euros for a visit to check the place over, sweep, air the place and prepare a bed if the owners are coming over.

Private agents in general charge anything around €40 for a changeover which includes cleaning and laundery

Casa Santo Estevo Jan 9th 2008 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 5763420)
I charge €8 euros for a visit to check the place over, sweep, air the place and prepare a bed if the owners are coming over.

Private agents in general charge anything around €40 for a changeover which includes cleaning and laundery

Are you advertising on here????:p

TheArmChairDetective Jan 9th 2008 1:10 pm

Thats what my mate pays for his pace near Murcia.

EsuriJohn Jan 9th 2008 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo (Post 5763508)

Have a look at Mitzy's signiture block! :thumbsup:

Bigbhudda69 Jan 9th 2008 6:36 pm

Right, I want you at my place pronto..the money is in the post..

Mitzyboy Jan 9th 2008 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo (Post 5763508)

Heh heh ...... no, I don't do changeovers and stuff ...... Don't know why, just never got into it. I pop to a few peoples houses to keep an eye on things. More often that non I get paid in Cava

Rixxy Jan 9th 2008 8:12 pm

I got you two bottles - my place needs a good spring clean......! :D

jdr Jan 9th 2008 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by Rixxy (Post 5765157)
I got you two bottles - my place needs a good spring clean......! :D

He will do it in his french maids gear for three. lol

jules63 Jan 9th 2008 8:26 pm

I am in old town oliva and the agents have quoted 20 euros to visit in the morning open windows etc and then revisit that afternoon to close the place up again.

Mitzyboy I tried to pm you but had a beer or two this evening and can't quite work out how to do it!