British Expats

British Expats (
-   Spain (
-   -   best way to avoid car import tax? (

Dxf May 2nd 2011 11:04 am

Re: best way to avoid car import tax?

Your Gestor is talking about a "Baja de Residencia" from your local British consulate. It can be obtained by post / courier or in person.

However the tax man (Agencia Tribunal or Hacienda) will look at your Volante de empadronamiento which will have the first day you registered as being resident in Spain.

Not an exact science as I have known the Hacienda make the odd mistake (in favour of the importer).


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:05 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.