Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

best location in costa blanca???

best location in costa blanca???

Old Apr 20th 2015, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

roxypotter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default best location in costa blanca???

Me and wife are viewing property in spain in September...
I went a place in the sun convention centre recently in manchester and could not believe the cheap deals and quality of life spain offers...

We.spoke to laura hamilton who is presenter and she recommend murcia region..
As this area is so cheap due tothe high amount of new buildings being built at the time when the crisis hit in 2008..

She told us murcia has plans for a theme park and new airport etc..

Ive been om holidays to spainany many years.. and it seems the ideal place to semi retire and to.be honest its always been a dream.. but now its a reality..

Just wanted views on anyone living in costa blanca region etc.

Much appreciated
Steve
Old Apr 20th 2015, 4:27 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: best location in costa blanca???

There is no "best" location.

What is the best location for you in UK?
Old Apr 20th 2015, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Dont beleieve everything you here at these shows, they are out to help themselves, best thing to do is get over and check out áreas you are interested in, re the theme park, well that has been on the cards since we moved here nearly 12 years ago lol not holding our breaths
Old Apr 20th 2015, 4:41 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

... and the "new" airport has been built and is mothballed.
Old Apr 20th 2015, 4:45 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roxypotter
Me and wife are viewing property in spain in September...
I went a place in the sun convention centre recently in manchester and could not believe the cheap deals and quality of life spain offers...

We.spoke to laura hamilton who is presenter and she recommend murcia region..
As this area is so cheap due tothe high amount of new buildings being built at the time when the crisis hit in 2008..

She told us murcia has plans for a theme park and new airport etc..

Ive been om holidays to spainany many years.. and it seems the ideal place to semi retire and to.be honest its always been a dream.. but now its a reality..

Just wanted views on anyone living in costa blanca region etc.

Much appreciated
Steve
Those cheap deals are there because they can't sell the houses, amny were built on complexes and ery few sold, which means the infrastructure may not be great, in many the roads are not finished, there are thousands of empty, incomplete houses and complexes with only about 20% sold. When we loived there before the crash there was one complex of around 400 apartments in 4 blocks, and only two had been sold, the swimming pool was empty grass uncut. Three of the 4 blocks were owned by the same person and he wasn't interested in dropping prices because his friends at the toen hall would ensure that he got hois money back in they fell down. If you do go and see any, check on the number of places unsold, have a good look at the complex, pool, gardens, etc. and DO NOT use the abogado or gestor suggested by the agents, find your own. We lived just south of Torrevieja, and areas like La Zenia and Playa Flamenca did seem to be a little better than some areas, but I would try to get a resale, not something brand new as they may have tried to save money on build quality. With a resale, especially if someone has had the place as their home and not just for holidays, any prob;ems sgould already have been fixed. The place we bought was a resale from people living there, and when they moved in they had problems, apparently the shower drain wasn't fixed to the drainage pipes, so all water was going into the underbuild, it was spotted when it started to overflow onto the drive, Thats the quality of some of the building there.
Old Apr 20th 2015, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=pwwm;11623782]Dont beleieve everything you here at these shows, they are out to help themselves, best thing to do is get over and check out áreas you are interested in, re the theme park, well that has been on the cards since we moved here nearly 12 years ago lol not holding our breaths [/QUO

hi.

Yh.. trust me i dont trust many people.. and i aint.one.to.jump in at the deep end.. i will have a good.old.look.and talk t locals first.. and only when finance is in place will i.choose to make move..

Thats why im on these forums to ask.questions and learn..

As my nan once said.. "you can never have enough knowledge.. so be dont be fooled In thinking you know it all"

R.i.p. nanna
Old Apr 20th 2015, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by missile
... and the "new" airport has been built and is mothballed.
Mothballed as in ???

It sounds bad..i know that much

Steve
Old Apr 20th 2015, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

Well in uk.. we live in stoke on trent..
Nothing special but the people are.the nicest people in the uk.

Its a city which basically forces people to get away from it..

The wages are low.. the house prices are.low.. .

I hate uk weathe
Old Apr 20th 2015, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

Well in uk.. we live in stoke on trent..
Nothing special but the people are.the nicest people in the uk.

Its a city which basically forces people to get away from it..

The wages are low.. the house prices are.low.. .

I hate uk weather and lifestyle.

St3ve
Old Apr 20th 2015, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

tony has a spectacular aura abouttony has a spectacular aura abouttony has a spectacular aura about

Hi Steve

I am in the Costa Blanca area , have been here 12 years now .

There are areas that suit different people .

We live semi rural , near a Vest Spanish village just inland of Alicante city , well located for the airport , coast and City .

Do you want to be in an area with many expats or more Spanish ?

Cheers Tony Agost Alicante
Old Apr 20th 2015, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tony
Hi Steve

I am in the Costa Blanca area , have been here 12 years now .

There are areas that suit different people .

We live semi rural , near a Vest Spanish village just inland of Alicante city , well located for the airport , coast and City .

Do you want to be in an area with many expats or more Spanish ?

Personally i would like to move in a area of more expats i think.. just to help me settle in lifestyle.. we are outgoing couple and would like to meet new friends to help us settle.

But dont want be on a complex full of holiday makers..

Steve
Old Apr 20th 2015, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

tony has a spectacular aura abouttony has a spectacular aura abouttony has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: best location in costa blanca???

Originally Posted by roxypotter
Personally i would like to move in a area of more expats i think.. just to help me settle in lifestyle.. we are outgoing couple and would like to meet new friends to help us settle.

But dont want be on a complex full of holiday makers..

Steve
Hi Steve

Yes friends are important here as you dont have your family to rely on for help.

It is good you are outgoing, most people here seem to be friendly so you should make many new friends quickly !

It is hard to get the balance right for a place to live , I am not a fan of big urbanisations , but they do suit many people

They are good if you want to be amongst many expats , also most have shops and bars with in walking distance

We have a finca , so have to drive to the local village for shops bars etc. but I do like the space and no really close neighbours .

Old Apr 20th 2015, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=tony;11623939]Hi Steve

Yes friends are important here as you dont have your family to rely on for help.

It is good you are outgoing, most people here seem to be friendly so you should make many new friends quickly !

It is hard to get the balance right for a place to live , I am not a fan of big urbanisations , but they do suit many people

They are good if you want to be amongst many expats , also most have shops and bars with in walking distance

We have a finca , so have to drive to the local village for shops bars etc. but I do like the space and no really close neighbours .

Yh... we are going view many areas jn costa blanca in june and then September..

We looking in la manga strip area.. also villamartin and la torre golf resort.. thats areas j can think off top of my head..

Personally.. no more than 15 minutes to beach and walking distance to shops.. bars and restaurants

Steve
Old Apr 20th 2015, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

Good luck with your search

I am sure you will find a great area when your over

Cheers Tony
Old Apr 20th 2015, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tony
Good luck with your search

I am sure you will find a great area when your over

Cheers Tony
Appreciate that.. im excited and nervous at same time.. dont want rush in... just wanted see other costa blanca residents on here and see what areas they recommend etc

Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.