Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

best location in costa blanca???

best location in costa blanca???

Old Apr 20th 2015, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

roxypotter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: best location in costa blanca???

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Those cheap deals are there because they can't sell the houses, amny were built on complexes and ery few sold, which means the infrastructure may not be great, in many the roads are not finished, there are thousands of empty, incomplete houses and complexes with only about 20% sold. When we loived there before the crash there was one complex of around 400 apartments in 4 blocks, and only two had been sold, the swimming pool was empty grass uncut. Three of the 4 blocks were owned by the same person and he wasn't interested in dropping prices because his friends at the toen hall would ensure that he got hois money back in they fell down. If you do go and see any, check on the number of places unsold, have a good look at the complex, pool, gardens, etc. and DO NOT use the abogado or gestor suggested by the agents, find your own. We lived just south of Torrevieja, and areas like La Zenia and Playa Flamenca did seem to be a little better than some areas, but I would try to get a resale, not something brand new as they may have tried to save money on build quality. With a resale, especially if someone has had the place as their home and not just for holidays, any prob;ems sgould already have been fixed. The place we bought was a resale from people living there, and when they moved in they had problems, apparently the shower drain wasn't fixed to the drainage pipes, so all water was going into the underbuild, it was spotted when it started to overflow onto the drive, Thats the quality of some of the building there.

Thanks for info.and.advise

Steve
Old Apr 21st 2015, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

stuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe you should start by asking yourself a basic question which is.

What sort of weather do you want? Murcia way down in the south can get very very hot for extended periods. It is also more barren looking. The further north you go the slightly cooler it gets in summer and is greener.
Old Apr 21st 2015, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by stuboy
Maybe you should start by asking yourself a basic question which is.

What sort of weather do you want? Murcia way down in the south can get very very hot for extended periods. It is also more barren looking. The further north you go the slightly cooler it gets in summer and is greener.
Its a valid point... we are going views areas and propertys 2 times this year.. we are not rushing into anything..

We have cash to buy and have option to have morgage or buy outright..

Luckily we are in a good position financially but dont want buy in poor areas..

We hear storys of 100% morgages on repossed propertys which banks are selling off for next to nothing..

Its.such a mine field.. thats why im on the forum to learn and chat and get peoples opions x
Old Apr 21st 2015, 12:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roxypotter
Its a valid point... we are going views areas and propertys 2 times this year.. we are not rushing into anything..

We hear storys of 100% morgages on repossed propertys which banks are selling off for next to nothing..

Its.such a mine field.. thats why im on the forum to learn and chat and get peoples opions x
The whole of Murcia and the Costa Blanca is a "poor" area. Meaning that there isn't much money around. Valencia is the most depressed city in Spain. Torrevieja is the cheapest tourist area that has suffered the most in the past 5 years or so

If you want a more prosperous area then you should try the North Atlantic Coast or Catalunya. If you want somewhere warmer, then perhaps prime location Sevilla, Malaga or Marbella
Old Apr 21st 2015, 1:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roxypotter

You seem to have plenty of money and are only in your 30's, so as mentioned I wouldn't rush into anything. Some areas are really cheap for a reason and will remain ugly, no matter what happens. The areas cricketman mentioned would be an option for you and it just depends what you want in life. I'm in my 30's and have a place (holiday home) near the Costa Brava, but the more I think about it the less I can see myself their full time and who knows what will be in a few years time. The same weather actually gets pretty boring after a while and when the beaches are full of tourists, you might be happy to have a place somewhere quieter. At your age, global warming is also something to consider and you might be happy to have a pad in a not so hot area.
Old Apr 21st 2015, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cricketman
The whole of Murcia and the Costa Blanca is a "poor" area. Meaning that there isn't much money around. Valencia is the most depressed city in Spain. Torrevieja is the cheapest tourist area that has suffered the most in the past 5 years or so

If you want a more prosperous area then you should try the North Atlantic Coast or Catalunya. If you want somewhere warmer, then perhaps prime location Sevilla, Malaga or Marbella
Malaga and marbella and puerto banus and don pedro are prime areas.. price reflects etc.

We need to.spend a week or.2 just looking into areas and locations etc

want be near to the coast and have many things to do...

Ive heard many good.things.about costa blanca.. and the la manga strip etc

So need.take a look for me.self

Personally i would like be near a marina harbour or port where all the boats are.. but can imagine these are pricey

Steve
Old Apr 21st 2015, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

Nigeljay has a spectacular aura aboutNigeljay has a spectacular aura aboutNigeljay has a spectacular aura about

We have a place in Moraira, northern Costa Blanca for over 10 years. Other than the usual turnover of bar ownership we do not discern many signs of depression. Property prices have held up reasonably well due to the shortage of building land and the rules concerning high rise (none). We are very happy there, not too big and not too small with a beautiful coastline. There are a lot of expats but it is very international. Our immediate neighbours are Belgian, Swiss, Bahamian and British.

Oddly enough many people say that Moraira is deserted in Winter. We have never found that and January is our favourite month to visit. It can get crowded in July to September but it's soon over. The area is lovely, the beaches small and interesting and the restaurants are varied and of high quality. Larger beaches are available nearby in Javea and Calpe. The Benissa coast road is interesting with many small coves and little marinas.

we chose it because it is greener in the northern Costa Blanca and it is an environment which we personally prefer. However our choice may not suit you and as others have advised look around and chose something that appeals to you.
Old Apr 21st 2015, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nigeljay
We have a place in Moraira, northern Costa Blanca for over 10 years. Other than the usual turnover of bar ownership we do not discern many signs of depression. Property prices have held up reasonably well due to the shortage of building land and the rules concerning high rise (none). We are very happy there, not too big and not too small with a beautiful coastline. There are a lot of expats but it is very international. Our immediate neighbours are Belgian, Swiss, Bahamian and British.

Oddly enough many people say that Moraira is deserted in Winter. We have never found that and January is our favourite month to visit. It can get crowded in July to September but it's soon over. The area is lovely, the beaches small and interesting and the restaurants are varied and of high quality. Larger beaches are available nearby in Javea and Calpe. The Benissa coast road is interesting with many small coves and little marinas.

we chose it because it is greener in the northern Costa Blanca and it is an environment which we personally prefer. However our choice may not suit you and as others have advised look around and chose something that appeals to you.
Thanks for the info.... Will be hiring a car put for a week so we are going make most of it and have a good look around..

we cant wait!!

until we view its hard to take in..
We like be on a complex to meet new friends etc

Steve
Old Apr 21st 2015, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

Nigeljay has a spectacular aura aboutNigeljay has a spectacular aura aboutNigeljay has a spectacular aura about

Not aware there are any complexes in Moraira so perhaps it wouldn't suit.
Old Apr 21st 2015, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nigeljay
Not aware there are any complexes in Moraira so perhaps it wouldn't suit.
Thanks..
i mean.. yet it again.. it could be something we change our minds on once we out there etc..we might want a private villa for example..
Im.just interested in where people live in.spain etc and whats appealing in that area and whats not appealing in that area

Steve
Old Apr 21st 2015, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

marcbernard is a jewel in the roughmarcbernard is a jewel in the roughmarcbernard is a jewel in the roughmarcbernard is a jewel in the rough

Moraira is probably the best place on the whole of the Costa Blanca. There are, I believe, several complexes in the wider area of the developed town, but I am unsure of their placing. Don't forget that the Costa Blanca is a very large area, reaching from the boundary with Murcia, northwards to Denia. There are many houses in the million bracket, but also plenty of others. Fortunately there seems to be less of the bling types!
Old Apr 21st 2015, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marcbernard
Moraira is probably the best place on the whole of the Costa Blanca. There are, I believe, several complexes in the wider area of the developed town, but I am unsure of their placing. Don't forget that the Costa Blanca is a very large area, reaching from the boundary with Murcia, northwards to Denia. There are many houses in the million bracket, but also plenty of others. Fortunately there seems to be less of the bling types!
I think this may be a favourite for Post of the Month!

What is it about the place that makes it so good or the other areas not so good?
Old Apr 21st 2015, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

tony has a spectacular aura abouttony has a spectacular aura abouttony has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by jonboy
I think this may be a favourite for Post of the Month!

What is it about the place that makes it so good or the other areas not so good?
Because all the bars serve Heineken ?

Sorry couldn't resist it !

Tony

Last edited by tony; Apr 21st 2015 at 8:21 pm.
Old Apr 21st 2015, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

marcbernard is a jewel in the roughmarcbernard is a jewel in the roughmarcbernard is a jewel in the roughmarcbernard is a jewel in the rough

jonboy
Lets just say I have been around. I have been on this coast since 1985 and have visited all the way down to La Manga. I talk only of the coast, since the query was only of the coastal area.

tony
I think you mean you couldn't! Your comment, though with a funny face added, tells me a lot about your attitude! Cheers!
Old Apr 21st 2015, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

tony has a spectacular aura abouttony has a spectacular aura abouttony has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: best location in costa blanca???

Originally Posted by marcbernard
jonboy
Lets just say I have been around. I have been on this coast since 1985 and have visited all the way down to La Manga. I talk only of the coast, since the query was only of the coastal area.

tony
I think you mean you couldn't! Your comment, though with a funny face added, tells me a lot about your attitude! Cheers!
Yes couldn't resist it , been here too long forgetting my English !

or it could be something to do with fire water I have been drinking

Wow you have been here an extra long time !! 1985 bet you have seen some changes !!

cheers tony

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.