Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Best golfcourses within a 30 km.radius from Ayamonte

View Poll Results: Vote for the best golfcourses here!
Isla Canela
15.38%
El Rompido North/South
26.92%
Benamor
7.69%
Quinta do Ria/Cima
19.23%
Costa Esuri
61.54%
Castro Marim
23.08%
Bellavista
3.85%
Quinta do Vale
34.62%
Monte Rei
26.92%
Other:
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Best golfcourses within a 30 km.radius from Ayamonte

Old Sep 25th 2010, 7:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Best golfcourses within a 30 km.radius from Ayamonte

Originally Posted by pmcx9
i have only played ria and cima.
however further to the golf deal i got earlier this week www.yourgolftravel.com have now beaten it with 3 nights HB at Islantilla golf hotel with 4 days unlimited golf at Islantilla for £119!!!!
I can never remember prices being this cheap.
So my initial question in that other thread was about Isla Canela but now I am more interested what people think of Islantilla. Its a 27 hole setup so should be more interesting over 4 days than an 18 hole track.
That is fantastic value the hotel is very nice.
Old Sep 25th 2010, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

christruter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Best golfcourses within a 30 km.radius from Ayamonte

Islantilla has a lovely layout, especially if you play the championship course, 19-27 then 1-9. I have seen photos of the course when it first opened and when the Turespana Masters, won by Alex Cejka, was held there in 1995.

Unfortunately the course does not bear any resemblance to what it once did. Housing developments line the fairways and there is a fair chance you will lose a ball in a garden.

Although the course is still worth playing for its design, it is a shame the the developers motto of maximise profit destroyed the original tree lined routing. That said, it is still a fair golfing challenge, especially holes 21, 25, 3, 4, 5 and 9.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

Originally Posted by pmcx9
So my initial question in that other thread was about Isla Canela but now I am more interested what people think of Islantilla. Its a 27 hole setup so should be more interesting over 4 days than an 18 hole track.
Islantilla is really three nine hole courses, of varying difficulty; 1-9 is the most tricky, 19 -27 the easiest. They tend to mix and match the three courses when you book a 'round', so you're never sure which holes you will play. I quite like the course; main drawback is that many holes are a sort of 'canyon' between rows of houses. As Chris T says, it is all too easy to put a ball into somebody's garden (or even onto their patio breakfast table - opps - he threw it back). But interesting, with some very challenging holes. Last time I played there it was very busy.

Enjoy.

Steve
Old Oct 18th 2010, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

Reptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really nice
Default Costa Esuri East Course

In an attempt to keep like topics roughly where they started, can I ask whether the East Course has been brought back on line yet or when they are now planning to do so.

Even when not playing it is fun to watch people on the first tee from my flat - particularly when the wind is from the North. With a Northerly the carry over the reed beds from the elevated tee is a challenging shot
Old Oct 18th 2010, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really nice
Default Re: Costa Esuri East Course

Originally Posted by Reptonian
In an attempt to keep like topics roughly where they started, can I ask whether the East Course has been brought back on line yet or when they are now planning to do so.

Even when not playing it is fun to watch people on the first tee from my flat - particularly when the wind is from the North. With a Northerly the carry over the reed beds from the elevated tee is a challenging shot
Not sure what the official line is these days?
Old Oct 18th 2010, 1:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Costa Esuri East Course

No the line is there is a legal dispute between Aymerich and MF about the condition of the 2 courses when they were handed over at the start of the management contract 2-3 years ago. It is apparantly in court at the moment and as a retaliation Aymerich are not maintaining the East course but it is still watered and the Tees and Greens are cut but the fairways are not.
Old Oct 18th 2010, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really nice

Originally Posted by John & Kath
No the line is there is a legal dispute between Aymerich and MF about the condition of the 2 courses when they were handed over at the start of the management contract 2-3 years ago. It is apparantly in court at the moment and as a retaliation Aymerich are not maintaining the East course but it is still watered and the Tees and Greens are cut but the fairways are not.
Its a shame, the course that is open is a great track.... would love to see the other one in the same condition.... and play it when the wind doesnt blow!
Old Oct 18th 2010, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

Reptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really nice

Originally Posted by The Pope
Its a shame, the course that is open is a great track.... would love to see the other one in the same condition.... and play it when the wind doesnt blow!
I was planning on getting those old figure skating scoring cards to hold up while watching! 5.1, 5.3, 4.9 Great sport with a pimms in the hand on the terrace
Old Oct 18th 2010, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

I was planning on getting those old figure skating scoring cards to hold up while watching! 5.1, 5.3, 4.9 Great sport with a pimms in the hand on the terrace
Good Job you said figure skating..... More like Terry Wogan on Eurovision and Nil pwoint!
Old Oct 18th 2010, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The Pope
Good Job you said figure skating..... More like Terry Wogan on Eurovision and Nil pwoint!
Mind you, its probably me shaping the ball (Art of Course Golf expression for shanking it) straight into the said reed bed I love golf!
Old Oct 18th 2010, 4:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mind you, its probably me shaping the ball (Art of Course Golf expression for shanking it) straight into the said reed bed I love golf!
Don't mention the "S" word on here..... makes me all nervous
Old Oct 18th 2010, 9:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thats exactly what my keen golf visitors do from the terrace though they don't hold them where they can be seen but we get your own back when they have played the east with a little more noise and definite scores passed to them. They join in the fun though.
Old Oct 19th 2010, 4:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thats exactly what my keen golf visitors do from the terrace though they don't hold them where they can be seen but we get your own back when they have played the east with a little more noise and definite scores passed to them. They join in the fun though.
UPDATE. Interesting small amounts of maintenance have been going on on the east course this past 10 days and today some cutting of the fairway on the eigth has happened. Greens and tees are still being watered and last weeks torrential downpoor is greening things up.
Old Oct 20th 2010, 8:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Smile Re: Best golfcourses within a 30 km.radius from Ayamonte

The greenkeeper team are back today working on the bunkers my guess is that they are getting ready for the north european invasion next month.
Old Oct 20th 2010, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

The greenkeeper team are back today working on the bunkers my guess is that they are getting ready for the north european invasion next month.
Printing my Tee shot scoring cards as I type! Ill produce a special Scandanavian version as well I think - whats the Swedish for Great shot, and Oops its gone in the reeds I wonder?

What is the weather forecast for next month or so?

Note to self - take a bottle of Pimms No 1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.