Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Best Beaches/inland lakes

Best Beaches/inland lakes

Old Jun 26th 2011, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Best Beaches/inland lakes

Hi. My son and his wife are visiting us. We live inland about an hour north of Huelva and I want to take them somewhere more 'watery' for one of their days here. Preferably with swimming. We'll drive up to 2 and a half hours so anywhere from Cadiz to the portugese border Except Punta Umbria which is where we've always been in the past. Can anyone recomend favourite beaches or scenic swimming lakes??
(If lakes it must be somewhere swimming is actually encouraged. Pref with eateries/chiringuitas close by).
Old Jun 27th 2011, 6:12 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best Beaches/inland lakes

Originally Posted by angiescarr
Hi. My son and his wife are visiting us. We live inland about an hour north of Huelva and I want to take them somewhere more 'watery' for one of their days here. Preferably with swimming. We'll drive up to 2 and a half hours so anywhere from Cadiz to the portugese border Except Punta Umbria which is where we've always been in the past. Can anyone recomend favourite beaches or scenic swimming lakes??
(If lakes it must be somewhere swimming is actually encouraged. Pref with eateries/chiringuitas close by).
You could try the river beach at Alcoutim - it's on a little tributary of the Guardiana just north of Alcoutim, over the bridge and turn left down a little track. Proper beach with parasols, beach bar etc. The water's very clean and not too cold!
Old Jun 28th 2011, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

Originally Posted by angiescarr
If you wanted a seaside beach why not try those on the Islantilla side of Isla Cristina? Super beach with several chiringuitos and "facilities". Take a parasol though!
Old Jun 28th 2011, 2:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve and Pat
If you wanted a seaside beach why not try those on the Islantilla side of Isla Cristina? Super beach with several chiringuitos and "facilities". Take a parasol though!
Both sound nice. I'll do some googling!
Old Jun 29th 2011, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

Redflag will become famous soon enoughRedflag will become famous soon enough

try this

http://www.costadelaluzholidayguide.com/beaches/

and

http://www.costadelaluzholidayguide.com/towns/

hope it helps
Old Jun 29th 2011, 12:54 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Some good info here Redflag....thank you !

We went again to the river beach at Alcoutim earlier this month and I keep meaning to ask about the reservoir/dam (lake?) that you see on the way there near Odeliete. Can you gain access to walk round there. Can you swim there? It looks lovely.

Mel
Old Jun 30th 2011, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
Some good info here Redflag....thank you !

We went again to the river beach at Alcoutim earlier this month and I keep meaning to ask about the reservoir/dam (lake?) that you see on the way there near Odeliete. Can you gain access to walk round there. Can you swim there? It looks lovely.

Mel
Agreed. This is really useful redflag. Might take them to the surfing beach if the wind is up! I'm also interested to know about the inland lakes.