Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

best areas in Alicante to buy

best areas in Alicante to buy

Old Dec 11th 2017, 7:39 am
Just Joined

chrisberry76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default best areas in Alicante to buy

Can't believe the prices in the City. Which areas should I avoid and which areas are the best to buy there ?
Old Dec 11th 2017, 8:24 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: best areas in Alicante to buy

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst myself and BEVS moderate Europe. Please read the Site Rules Site Rules | British Expatriate Community adhere to them so that the site runs smoothly. Moderators are there to ensure that the rules of BE are maintained. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Dec 11th 2017, 8:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisberry76
Can't believe the prices in the City. Which areas should I avoid and which areas are the best to buy there ?
It depends on your budget, what type of person you are and what makes an area best for you personally? You can get a crappy apartment for 30K in Alicante but you get what you pay for.
Old Dec 11th 2017, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

All depends on your budget and lifestyle preferences........city/town/village/middle of nowhere.............beach/golf/countryside..........with Brits/ without Brits - the choice is endless. Including with water/elec and without!
Old Dec 12th 2017, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

Hornets_Nest will become famous soon enough

At the moment we are looking at either Granada or Alicante. With Granada we will almost certainly look for a city apartment but with Alicante being as the metro links up the coast are so good we'd probably consider anything as far as El Campello. I think by going slightly outside the city you get the best of both worlds. and unless you have a very good reason for being in the city it's something I'd consider. Till they sort out the mess they call Brexit we are staying put partly as the rubbish £ has inflated prices and partly because we are still considering locations and whether to go for a crash pad or move out altogether. I may also need to sort out my Irish citizenship.