Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Benefit fraud team in Spain is recovering a record £5m of taxpayers’ money

Benefit fraud team in Spain is recovering a record £5m of taxpayers’ money

Old Jul 6th 2014, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

billgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Benefit fraud team in Spain is recovering a record £5m of taxpayers’ money

And how many mps were jailed for fraudulently claiming expenses?

How many second home flippers have had their unearned profits confiscated and returned to the public purse?

How many bankers have been jailed for the fraud they committed and bankrupting the country?

How many senior execs from RBS have been jailed or even had their grossly unjustified pensions confiscated??

Benefit fraud is pathetic and constitutes such a minor problem when you think about the billions the country must pay every year just for the balance of payments deficit, not to mention the national debt. Still, it keeps the DM readers happy and deflects them from the real source of the UK's insolvency.
Old Jul 6th 2014, 4:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Benefit fraud team in Spain is recovering a record £5m of taxpayers’ money

Personally I have known and seen too many people claim what they are not entitled to, I don't care how much it is if they have done it deliberately or knowingly then I am quite happy that they are tracked down and dealt with. Yes that applies also to MPs that fiddle or anyone. The petty expenses some of them have claimed makes me sick. I do a bit of voluntary work and can claim expenses associated I do for my fuel, however I can also claim for printer paper and printer cartridges. I could get the most expensive and do that, I don't I get them from discount shops or off eBay for a couple of quid and don't bother. Mind that is probably why I am not well off as I am straight as a die, some may say daft, but I live by my own standards.
Old Jul 6th 2014, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Anyone who claims benefits they are not entitled to should have to pay them back, plus be denied future benefits.

That would also include criminals who are employed in criminal activity whilst claiming unemployment benefits.
sometimes if they spunked the money which I imagine they would have, they cant pay it back.

You cant deny people future benefits.
Old Jul 6th 2014, 7:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes you are right and the people that screw the system know that.
Old Jul 6th 2014, 7:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrich666
You cant deny people future benefits.
Why not?
Old Jul 7th 2014, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

billgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond repute

But isn't it more of a problem with the system that allows benefit fraud?

Don't get me wrong, benefit fraud, or fraud of any kind should be dealt with, but I can't help feeling that this is just another divide and conquer strategy by those with the power. And the DM story just stirs it up. I'm sure that if the DM felt that their story wasn't provoking enough outrage then they could just find some Somalian family defrauding the benefit system just to get people going.

And aren't many of the recipients of benefits living in Spain anyway? I mean of course, the biggest spongers off society - Landlords.
Old Jul 7th 2014, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

Why not?
Shipping back to the UK and denying them benefits would open a whole new can of worms.They would report back to the last local council where they were housed,then the social services/emergency housing/over priced B&B bandwagon would roll on it's expensive way.
Old Jul 7th 2014, 7:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone who claims benefits they are not entitled to should have to pay them back, plus be denied future benefits.

That would also include criminals who are employed in criminal activity whilst claiming unemployment benefits.
Originally Posted by Daveinspain
Shipping back to the UK and denying them benefits would open a whole new can of worms.They would report back to the last local council where they were housed,then the social services/emergency housing/over priced B&B bandwagon would roll on it's expensive way.
My first post stated they should be denied future benefits.

There would be not shipping back to claim, everything should be stopped.

Last edited by Fredbargate; Jul 7th 2014 at 7:18 pm.
Old Jul 7th 2014, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

Got a feeling the European Court of Human Rights might give you an argument though
Old Jul 7th 2014, 8:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Got a feeling the European Court of Human Rights might give you an argument though
Another reason to be out of Europe
Old Jul 7th 2014, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

two tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond repute

Another reason to be out of Europe
If we left the EU we would no longer be subject to the European Court of Justice which rules on EU law. We would still be subject to the European Court of Human Rights which has 47 member states, including all 28 EU states.

It's an deliberate misrepresentation that many people wanting to leave the EU make to justify their case.
Old Jul 7th 2014, 9:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Welfare Benefits: The Human Rights Act - Tax and Benefits

Thank you Mr Blair could your wife help out for a bit of legal aid?
Old Jul 9th 2014, 11:16 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

presumably that would be because all the council/housing assoc properties have all been allocated to immigrants who come for the streets paved with gold.

ISTR that the courts can make a claim against benefits - although at around £5 per week not a pyrrhic victory over the scumbags but something to show that they have been brought up into court and found guilty.

Last edited by Domino; Jul 9th 2014 at 11:20 am. Reason: addition
Old Jul 9th 2014, 11:21 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
Welfare Benefits: The Human Rights Act - Tax and Benefits

Thank you Mr Blair could your wife help out for a bit of legal aid?
No Chance. One only does Human Rights cases against the Government.
Old Jul 9th 2014, 2:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bigger bucks that way after all they need the money you know

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.