Reload this Page >

Benalmadena NIE

Benalmadena NIE

Old May 13th 2008, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

sallyelisabeth is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Benalmadena NIE

Hi There,

Just moved to Benalmadena and renting a property. I have been told I need to get my NIE at Torremolinos police station.I have printed out the forms. Does anyone know if you can make an appointment or you just need to queue from 6 am?

What do I need to do at the town hall afterwards? I wish to register my daughter at school so am assuming she needs an NIE number as well. Any help appreciated. Feeling a little confused. Thanks:-))
Old May 13th 2008, 4:02 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Benalmadena NIE

Originally Posted by sallyelisabeth
Hi There,

Just moved to Benalmadena and renting a property. I have been told I need to get my NIE at Torremolinos police station.I have printed out the forms. Does anyone know if you can make an appointment or you just need to queue from 6 am?

What do I need to do at the town hall afterwards? I wish to register my daughter at school so am assuming she needs an NIE number as well. Any help appreciated. Feeling a little confused. Thanks:-))
Not sure about Torremolinos, but in Fuengirola it is an appointment system now.
When you make the appointment ask what paperwork and copies you need to take with you.
My son just used his number for his son when he joined the school near Palermo Park.
Children don`t need an NIE number till they start work.
Old May 13th 2008, 4:04 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
My son just used his number for his son when he joined the school near Palermo Park.
Best to ask, cos I heard of instances of the kids needing separate NIE,s ..... that was in the SAX area
Old May 13th 2008, 4:56 pm
Banned

advent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: Benalmadena NIE

Go to a spanish accountant,they will go with you,you will need some passport type photos,they will translate for you,also get you to the front,cost about 50euro,you have to wait about a week,but again the accountant will ring you.50 euro well spent to get it done.
Old May 13th 2008, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

HimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to all

I actually got my NIE number on Monday,from Elche police station.I didnt actually arrive until 7.30 am but still got a ticket which they hand out and they tell u to come back at a certain time.Like someone said on here,DONT forget your photos'......also i found the staff really abrupt horrible lot,i was warned they are like that for some reason! Anyway hope it all goes well for u!
Old May 13th 2008, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

You should not have to produce photographs for NIE application.
Old May 14th 2008, 5:44 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
You should not have to produce photographs for NIE application.
That is what I can`t understand.
There is nowhere on the paperwork for them, the box`s are for official stamps
not photos.
They just need to check you face against the passport pic.
Old May 14th 2008, 6:48 am
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
A child's passport number can sometimes be used, but many schools prefer an NIE because a passport number will change at renewal or replacement, whereas the NIE number remains the same.

And I'm sure each region / town / school has it's own rules, too.
Old May 14th 2008, 7:01 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Benalmadena NIE

Thanks for all your help I will check with the school before I go :-)
Old May 14th 2008, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

john1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant future

I made an appointment in Fuengirola and was done in an hour. Don't waste money with an accountant just to do that as there is an English chap who goes rthrough all the forms with you. You will also need to go to the bank and pay a small fee i think it is 12 euros.

John
Old May 15th 2008, 8:27 am
Just Joined

Thanks John I will do that it sounds much easier .Thanks
Old May 17th 2008, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

kaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to all

Does this mean that if you live in Benalmadena you can use either Torremolinos or Fuengirola to register for your N.I.E? I was lead to believe that you could only use Torre
Old May 18th 2008, 6:16 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by kaylee
Does this mean that if you live in Benalmadena you can use either Torremolinos or Fuengirola to register for your N.I.E? I was lead to believe that you could only use Torre
I think it depends on which part you live in.
I live in BP but got mine in Fuengirola.