Beer Prices

Old Nov 5th 2008, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

tommyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Beer Prices

My new local on the costa charges 3 euros for a pint of San Miguel. Is this the norm, about the same as in UK?
Old Nov 5th 2008, 2:30 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beer Prices

Originally Posted by tommyboy
My new local on the costa charges 3 euros for a pint of San Miguel. Is this the norm, about the same as in UK?
Ahhhh the burning question of the moment

I think its about €2.50 over here
A pint is £2.40 in the UK?
Old Nov 5th 2008, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

03630 will become famous soon enough03630 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by tommyboy

Only foreigners drink pints. So there is the first clue that you are paying a special price. As in anything the price is partly determined by what they think they can get away with. In an average bar in an average town most drinks (except spirits) will cost 1 Euro. A drink is a Coke, a small glass of beer, a bottle of beer a coffee. Places in large towns cost more, fancy places cost more and places catering to tourists/foreigners cost much more. The old saying "you pays your money ....................
Old Nov 5th 2008, 3:02 pm
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 03630
Only foreigners drink pints. So there is the first clue that you are paying a special price. As in anything the price is partly determined by what they think they can get away with. In an average bar in an average town most drinks (except spirits) will cost 1 Euro. A drink is a Coke, a small glass of beer, a bottle of beer a coffee. Places in large towns cost more, fancy places cost more and places catering to tourists/foreigners cost much more. The old saying "you pays your money ....................
1 EURO I want to live where you live.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 3:21 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

we pay a euro too for beer and for tinto and coke and so on
Old Nov 5th 2008, 3:23 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gallerie9
we pay a euro too for beer and for tinto and coke and so on
you can get a litre bottle of beer at the supermarket for about 70cents
Old Nov 5th 2008, 3:27 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by betris
you can get a litre bottle of beer at the supermarket for about 70cents
you can cruz a campo in our local suppermarket for 90 cents a litre
Old Nov 5th 2008, 5:15 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Most bars round here except the Brit run ones are a euro a drink.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

lmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud of

In my local back home in Wales, stella £3 a pint,Nastro Azzurro £3.75!!! Bitter about £2.80.
In my local in Spain a tubo 1 euro. Out there next week to save some money.
LMJ
Old Nov 5th 2008, 5:28 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know about the UK but I do know that the British bars on the coast have cheaper beer than the Spanish ones. Don't know about the quality though as I don't drink the stuff
Old Nov 5th 2008, 5:36 pm
Drunken Monkey

Fuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond repute

All bars are different over here, Spanish ones are the cheapest. But I don't drink much.. so not the best to say.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 5:41 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fuzzlepop
All bars are different over here, Spanish ones are the cheapest. But I don't drink much.. so not the best to say.
Are your pants on fire......
Old Nov 5th 2008, 5:43 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Ahhhh the burning question of the moment

I think its about €2.50 over here
A pint is £2.40 in the UK?
I wanna drink where you do, even in 16 fingered Norfolk its nearly 3 quid!
Old Nov 5th 2008, 6:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

In Kent over 3 quid a lot of places. The little village we lived in before we sold 2 months ago was 3.20 a pint
Old Nov 5th 2008, 6:55 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

1 euro most places in Benidorm but then that's Spanish beer. You pay more for English beer. Spanish beer is ok though. I prefer bourbon whch is expensive in the bars, 4 euros a glass (usually a double measure) but only around 10 euros for a litre bottle in the bodega

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.