Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Beach safety Torrevieja Costa Blanca

Beach safety Torrevieja Costa Blanca

Old Mar 12th 2007, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

the healer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Beach safety Torrevieja Costa Blanca

At last, I have just found out that Playa de los Locos in torrevieja ( Costa Blanca ) is soon to have security lockers on the beach for
personal belongings, dont know what the charge is yet, but I think this is long overdue, if I go to the beach
I can now relax a little more instead of constantly looking over my shoulder. I have already lost a purse and mobile
phone on this beach, NOT ANYMORE

if anyone has more info on this, please post
Old Mar 12th 2007, 3:12 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beach safety Torrevieja Costa Blanca

Originally Posted by the healer
At last, I have just found out that Playa de los Locos in torrevieja ( Costa Blanca ) is soon to have security lockers on the beach for
personal belongings, dont know what the charge is yet, but I think this is long overdue, if I go to the beach
I can now relax a little more instead of constantly looking over my shoulder. I have already lost a purse and mobile
phone on this beach, NOT ANYMORE

if anyone has more info on this, please post
No nore info, but we had friends who went down to the beach in Torre last Sept, took ALL their holiday money with them, left the bag at the back of thier chairs, one person staying in the chairs while the rest went down to the sea. Came back, person still in chair, hadn't moved, but bag certainly had, lost money, mobile, about only thing they didn't lose was passports, and when they got home, her 'house sitter' had cleared the house of anything saleable, computer TV etc. Wonderful holiday fro them, but, not a clever idea to have everything with you, and to put things behind you.
Old Mar 12th 2007, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

A good idea I once saw a Mexican family employ on a beach was to place all their valubles into a plastic carrier bag, tie up the handles, and then bury it in the sand, leaving just a bit of the handle showing so they knew where it was.
The large lady of the family then placed a towel over the top and sat on it.
Old Mar 12th 2007, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

tommyg is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

Thats good news about Los Locos beach as we plan to use that one more this year. Although I heard a similar idea about lockers on the beach a few years ago didn`t work, as they were all vandalised the first night they were installed, I assume by the pickpockets.

Tom
Old Mar 15th 2007, 1:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tommyg
Hi there,

Thats good news about Los Locos beach as we plan to use that one more this year. Although I heard a similar idea about lockers on the beach a few years ago didn`t work, as they were all vandalised the first night they were installed, I assume by the pickpockets.

Tom
Just got some more info on it,the company is called Beachsafe I know this as my friend is advertising her company on the front of one of the boxes , the charges for belongings are 1 euro an hour or 5 euros all day and they are fully manned all day ( fantastic ) I think los locos will get a little busier now

I dont know the price of advertising yet but if anyone is interested i can post tel number of company ( when i get it from friend )
Old Mar 15th 2007, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the healer
Just got some more info on it,the company is called Beachsafe I know this as my friend is advertising her company on the front of one of the boxes , the charges for belongings are 1 euro an hour or 5 euros all day and they are fully manned all day ( fantastic ) I think los locos will get a little busier now

I dont know the price of advertising yet but if anyone is interested i can post tel number of company ( when i get it from friend )
BUSIER

I visited that beach a couple of years ago - was absolutely packed, sun shade to sun shade with no room to even get to the beach - but it was August I suppose
Old Mar 15th 2007, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spain
BUSIER

I visited that beach a couple of years ago - was absolutely packed, sun shade to sun shade with no room to even get to the beach - but it was August I suppose
I suppose your right as I tend to stay away during august because of the heat
Old Mar 20th 2007, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

beach buoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello
The Beachsafe company is mine,
I am offering beachsafes guarded all day for 1 euro an hour or 5 euros all day,
there is also advertising space still available on the front of the boxes.

The company is legally registered with the torrevieja ayuntamiento, and tourist information are also informed of the idea

I did not mean to advertise here, but thought I should let these few people know

Thanks
Old Mar 20th 2007, 3:07 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beach buoy
Hello

The company is legally registered with the torrevieja ayuntamiento, and tourist information are also informed of the idea

I did not mean to advertise here, but thought I should let these few people know

Thanks
Brilliant idea Beach Buoy Hope your business does well, I'm sure it will
Old Mar 21st 2007, 10:45 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beach buoy
Hello

Thanks
Sounds a good idea .

How big are the boxes then ? And how many will be there as some of these beaches get pretty damn busy ?
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

beach buoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Big Pete
Sounds a good idea .

How big are the boxes then ? And how many will be there as some of these beaches get pretty damn busy ?
boxes are 35cm high 35cm wide and 50 cm deep , enough space for keys,phones,handbags etc
there are currently 50 boxes on the beach and more to be added if demand requests it.

advertising space varies

thanks for the interest